Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just got Reggie Jackson in the new random captain season. Some not great offense and really awesome pitching at first glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
I got Dennis Eckersley and hoo boy this pitching

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Sorry everyone I totally spaced on this! I'll post more details about next season when I get home from work.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Bob Shabazz posted:

Sorry everyone I totally spaced on this! I'll post more details about next season when I get home from work.

The only way out of running something in SAS is faking your own death

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm ready to buy a six pack of teams...

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
I want to get revenge for the wrongs done to my sweet tandem pitchers

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
So I'm admittedly having trouble settling on a theme and wanted to put forward a few ideas:

Four Horsemen
This is a theme we've done a couple times in the past that's pretty popular. You're assigned one player each from the most expensive and least expensive qualified pitchers and hitters for each year, and fill out your team with players from those four years, and the bad players have to start.

Champs and Chumps
Here you're assigned four year and league combinations, like 1999 NL, and build your team with all the above .500 teams from one year and the below .500 teams for all other years.

Other
I could be flexible here. If players (particularly the newer ones) want a more open theme to see the whole player pool I can come up with a loose theme.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Four Horseman sounds cool especially if the salary update has changed who exactly is the most and least expensive qualified players for each year, but I'm down for whatever

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Four Horseman sounds cool especially if the salary update has changed who exactly is the most and least expensive qualified players for each year, but I'm down for whatever

Hadn't even thought of this, but it does make it more appealing than it already is.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'd do Four Horsemen again, I also like the idea of the low cap season too.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My vote's for Four Horsemen, I forget who my guys were the last time we did it but I think it's a super fun theme.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Accident Underwater posted:

The only way out of running something in SAS is faking your own death

Hey, I'm still alive!

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

Hey, I'm still alive!

Prove it.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

It looks like people are pretty warm on Four Horsemen so I'll get working on the S27 thread.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

It took me way too long to make this list so I'll put it here for now. Some of these horsemen have definitely changed since the salary update.

pre:
Year      Good Hitter              Bad Hitter               Good Pitcher              Bad Pitcher
2015     M. Trout                 P. Sandoval              J. Arrieta                C. Sabathia
2014     M. Trout                 D. Brown                 F. Hernandez              C. Lewis
2013     M. Trout                 M. Reynolds              C. Kershaw                J. Saunders
2012     A. McCutchen             B. Boesch                C. Kershaw                I. Nova
2011     J. Bautista              J. Buck                  J. Verlander              B. Penny
2010     A. Pujols                J. Cantu                 F. Hernandez              B. Bergesen
2009     A. Pujols                J. Kendall               T. Lincecum               J. Moyer
2008     A. Pujols                J. Keppinger             C. Sabathia               B. Backe
2007     I. Suzuki                J. Kendall               J. Peavy                  S. Olsen
2006     A. Pujols                B. Ausmus                J. Santana                C. Silva
2005     D. Lee                   S. Hatteberg             R. Clemens                J. Lima
2004     B. Bonds                 E. Martinez              R. Johnson                B. Anderson
2003     B. Bonds                 K. Harvey                J. Schmidt                D. Moss
2002     B. Bonds                 D. Cruz                  C. Schilling              D. Neagle
2001     B. Bonds                 M. Barrett               R. Johnson                D. Mlicki
2000     T. Helton                D. Relaford              P. Martinez               O. Daal
1999     B. Williams              M. Morandini             P. Martinez               L. Hawkins
1998     M. McGwire               E. Sprague               G. Maddux                 J. Navarro
1997     L. Walker                O. Guillen               R. Clemens                G. Rusch
1996     B. Anderson              O. Guillen               J. Smoltz                 D. Wengert
1995     A. Belle                 T. Zeile                 G. Maddux                 T. Mulholland
1994     J. Bagwell               D. Schofield             G. Maddux                 B. Gullickson
1993     B. Bonds                 F. Fermin                G. Maddux                 R. Sutcliffe
1992     K. Puckett               D. Schofield             G. Maddux                 R. Bones
1991     C. Ripken, Jr.           A. Davis                 R. Clemens                K. McCaskill
1990     L. Dykstra               A. Griffin               R. Clemens                F. Tanana
1989     K. Puckett               R. Ramirez               B. Saberhagen             S. Davis
1988     K. Puckett               R. Santana               R. Clemens                R. Dotson
1987     W. Boggs                 S. Owen                  R. Clemens                B. Knepper
1986     D. Mattingly             S. Lombardozzi           M. Scott                  S. Carlton
1985     W. Boggs                 B. Meacham               D. Gooden                 D. Martinez
1984     R. Sandberg              C. Wilkerson             D. Gooden                 J. Slaton
1983     C. Ripken, Jr.           R. Dauer                 D. Stieb                  D. Eckersley
1982     R. Yount                 G. Hoffman               S. Carlton                R. Honeycutt
1981     M. Schmidt               M. Squires               F. Valenzuela             F. Jenkins
1980     G. Brett                 H. Baines                S. Carlton                M. Bomback
1979     F. Lynn                  T. Veryzer               J. Richard                P. Huffman
1978     J. Rice                  D. Chalk                 R. Guidry                 W. Wood
1977     R. Carew                 M. Champion              N. Ryan                   J. Billingham
1976     J. Morgan                D. Chalk                 F. Tanana                 J. Hughes
1975     J. Morgan                L. Blanks                C. Hunter                 M. Caldwell
1974     J. Bench                 C. Robinson              G. Perry                  V. Albury
1973     J. Morgan                M. Tyson                 T. Seaver                 M. Pappas
1972     J. Bench                 M. Perez                 S. Carlton                K. Forsch
1971     J. Torre                 L. Aparicio              V. Blue                   C. Short
1970     C. Yastrzemski           R. Pena                  B. Gibson                 D. Lemaster
1969     P. Rose                  L. Brown                 B. Gibson                 G. Brunet
1968     H. Aaron                 W. Parker                B. Gibson                 J. Niekro
1967     C. Yastrzemski           R. Fairly                J. Bunning                S. Ellis
1966     F. Robinson              W. Woodward              J. Marichal               R. Washburn
1965     W. Mays                  H. Lanier                S. Koufax                 B. Buhl
1964     W. Mays                  A. Spangler              D. Drysdale               J. Lamabe
1963     W. Mays                  B. Aspromonte            S. Koufax                 G. Hobbie
1962     W. Mays                  F. Mantilla              D. Drysdale               G. Hobbie
1961     M. Mantle                C. Smith                 W. Ford                   C. McLish
1960     W. Mays                  K. Hamlin                D. Drysdale               F. Sullivan
1959     E. Banks                 J. Davenport             C. Pascual                H. Score
1958     W. Mays                  E. Yost                  W. Spahn                  J. Wilson
1957     M. Mantle                B. Morgan                J. Bunning                D. Mossi
1956     M. Mantle                D. Hoak                  H. Score                  W. Hacker
1955     W. Mays                  J. Demaestri             R. Roberts                M. Surkont
1954     W. Mays                  G. Allie                 R. Roberts                A. Kellner
1953     A. Rosen                 J. Dittmer               R. Roberts                C. Bishop
1952     S. Musial                B. Cox                   B. Lemon                  T. Lown
1951     S. Musial                F. Marsh                 R. Roberts                D. Johnson
1950     S. Musial                D. Mueller               W. Spahn                  R. Meyer
1949     T. Williams              J. Russell               B. Lemon                  J. Vander Meer
1948     S. Musial                V. Stallcup              B. Lemon                  R. Poat
1947     T. Williams              E. Yost                  W. Spahn                  J. Coleman
1946     T. Williams              C. Stevens               B. Feller                 R. Scarborough
1945     T. Holmes                W. Williams              H. Newhouser              J. Humphries
1944     S. Musial                S. Webb                  D. Trout                  R. Wolff
1943     S. Musial                P. Suder                 S. Chandler               K. Chase
1942     T. Williams              J. Wasdell               M. Cooper                 L. Hoerst
1941     T. Williams              S. Benjamin              W. Wyatt                  B. Harris
1940     J. Dimaggio              B. Hassett               B. Feller                 G. Caster
1939     J. Dimaggio              J. Berardino             B. Walters                B. Beckmann
1938     J. Foxx                  C. Klein                 C. Bryant                 E. Whitehill
1937     J. Medwick               L. Durocher              L. Gomez                  C. Hogsett
1936     L. Gehrig                T. Jackson               C. Hubbell                O. Jorgens
1935     A. Vaughan               B. Urbanski              W. Ferrell                E. Brandt
1934     L. Gehrig                T. Thevenow              C. Hubbell                L. Stewart
1933     J. Foxx                  J. Levey                 C. Hubbell                B. Walker
1932     J. Foxx                  U. Pickering             A. Crowder                B. Walker
1931     B. Ruth                  J. Levey                 L. Grove                  T. Bridges
1930     L. Gehrig                F. Brickell              L. Grove                  L. Sweetland
1929     R. Hornsby               B. Reeves                R. Lucas                  C. Dudley
1928     R. Hornsby               H. Sand                  B. Grimes                 G. Grant
1927     L. Gehrig                W. Gerber                T. Lyons                  T. Welzer
1926     B. Ruth                  M. Carey                 G. Uhle                   J. Barnes
1925     R. Hornsby               J. Tavener               P. Donohue                J. Petty
1924     R. Hornsby               T. Griffith              D. Vance                  W. Glazner
1923     B. Ruth                  E. Scott                 D. Luque                  W. Glazner
1922     R. Hornsby               R. Young                 R. Faber                  P. Jones
1921     B. Ruth                  F. O'Rourke              C. Mays                   R. Naylor
1920     B. Ruth                  I. Griffin               P. Alexander              H. Harper
1919     B. Ruth                  S. Vick                  W. Johnson                R. Faber
1918     T. Cobb                  J. Dugan                 W. Johnson                B. Gallia
1917     T. Cobb                  J. Barry                 E. Cicotte                G. Morton
1916     T. Speaker               J. Gedeon                W. Johnson                R. Fisher
1915     T. Cobb                  H. Moran                 P. Alexander              R. Bressler
1914     T. Speaker               H. Miller                C. Hendrix                H. Perdue
1913     T. Speaker               B. Fisher                W. Johnson                R. Keating
1912     T. Speaker               B. Weaver                W. Johnson                E. Yingling
1911     T. Cobb                  B. Tooley                E. Walsh                  R. Golden
1910     N. Lajoie                B. Sharpe                E. Walsh                  B. Pelty
1909     E. Collins               J. Barry                 M. Brown                  K. Wilhelm
1908     H. Wagner                C. Chappy                E. Walsh                  G. Bell
1907     T. Leach                 W. Keeler                E. Walsh                  B. Hogg
1906     N. Lajoie                C. O'Leary               M. Brown                  E. Smith
1905     C. Seymour               F. Raymer                C. Mathewson              O. Jones
1904     N. Lajoie                H. Hill                  J. Chesbro                J. Sutthoff
1903     H. Wagner                J. Gochnauer             J. McGinnity              B. Rhoads
1902     H. Wagner                P. Childs                C. Young                  S. Wiltse
1901     N. Lajoie                B. Ely                   C. Young                  W. Piatt
1900     H. Wagner                B. McCormick             B. Dinneen                J. Dunn

Bob Shabazz fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 3, 2016

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Hmm it checks out.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

If I miss the thread please consider this me signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

:siren:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766744:siren:

• Locked thread