Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

I'm really not sure how to go about this, so I'm just going to post pics and try to comment on them :downs:

Anyway, I own a HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) Series III Maloo R8. I bought it new in october 2011.

I'd only owned Mitsubishi Veradas until then - I still own one actually, a 3.5 V6 AWD that I've always wanted to twin turbocharge, but I keep throwing all my money at the HSV.

This was, and still is, the only V8 I've owned so far. The whole time I was growing up I had friends and family who were big into V8's both ford and Holden (really the only 2 manufacturers that anyone gives a gently caress about in OZ haha), so I'd had a bit of learning, though not really actively, as I didn't give that much of a gently caress about cars. I was more interested in fishing and boats, and later on, drugs alcohol and women.

I had always liked the Maloos though, especially the whit ones with black trim, because They reminded me of Storm Troopers when seen through the rear vision mirror lol.

So eventually I bought one. AU$66,000 it cost me. For a while I was happy with it, and I was the envy of quite a few of my friends.
But quite soon I grew dissatisfied with it. It has a 6.2L (383ci) Gen IV LS3 in it, marketed as having 317kw at the flywheel, which apparently has been massively de-rated to get into Australia. I really wasn't happy with the power. I thought it should have shitloads more. But whatever.

About a year and a half later I went on an overseas holiday to celebrate my mums 60th birthday. About halfway through, just as we got to Croatia, I received a phone call from my best mate saying that my house had been broken into and my car wasn't in the garage. gently caress. That really put a bummer on things.
A few days later though I was informed via facebook that the cops had recovered it from the front yard of a known meth head with a police list as long as your arm. How some derro could think that a nearly brand new high performance vehicle without its number plates on wouldn't be noticed in the front yard of a junkie house in a poo poo loving junkie suburb is beyond me. He had managed to damage it too, the oval office.

So several weeks later I get home, and after some loving around with police forensics and the insurance company, I get my car back. Good as new.

But she wasn't my baby anymore :ohdear:

Automatic Retard fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I've wanted one of these ever since I found out about them. Excited to see more pictures and progress.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I've wanted one of these ever since I found out about them. Excited to see more pictures and progress.

I need to take more pics to flesh out the story. Not tonight though. I'm nearly comatose.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz8FWPUmpI
I immediately think of this when I see a Maloo now.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, utes are cool.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Das Volk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz8FWPUmpI
I immediately think of this when I see a Maloo now.

gently caress yair caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrnnnnt

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm
My new favorite thread! Someday I will own one.

If you are a US goon and want to own one (and hate money) here you go:

http://www.lefthandutes.com/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This thread is both Straya and oval office.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
loving mad ute ya oval office.

My SO is car shopping and the HSV Ute is high on her list. Throw a supercharger kit on, exhaust and fry tyres forever.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

This thread is both Straya and oval office.

And not even cunty!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That ute isn't full "Straya oval office" yet. It is missing the Southern Cross sticker and the "gently caress off we're full" sticker

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You Am I posted:

That ute isn't full "Straya oval office" yet. It is missing the Southern Cross sticker and the "gently caress off we're full" sticker
Australia, where "full Abbot race setup" doesn't mean a fast Saab!

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
The Ute in Australia is the same as a coupe in civilized countries.

Its a two seater with space for the dog.

Recently they have been seen as sports cars as well.

http://www.v8utes.com.au/ Falcon v Comodore. more crashing and arsehole driving than Nascar if thats possible.

I love utes though.

6+ liter V8 and no back seat passengers.

Howling burnouts & "circle work" with a 5 row bullbar and goal posts at a country B&B ball for the win.

Major bogan activity in rural areas over here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=ute+muster&biw=1478&bih=919&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI34i3j6-byQIVZYimCh1JzQCa

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm
All those thrashed LS2 utes :cry:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Australia, where "full Abbot race setup" doesn't mean a fast Saab!

AHAHAHA Full Abbott race setup, that's brilliant :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Mothercunter I am in the wrong cunting country.

You fuckers like oddball immigrants, right?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Mothercunter I am in the wrong cunting country.

You fuckers like oddball immigrants, right?

If you are not coming in by boat, knock yourself out.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So with Holden closing down in a few years (in all but name) what will HSV be doing? Soupped up Opals or whatever the commodore replacement is?

Or will they just try and sell old stock for 10 years then collapse?

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Automatic Retard posted:

a poo poo loving junkie suburb

This could be literally every perth development in the last decade from Mandurah to Joondalup. They are all uniformly loving terrible.

Always did like the white HSV's though.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

drunkill posted:

So with Holden closing down in a few years (in all but name) what will HSV be doing? Soupped up Opals or whatever the commodore replacement is?

Yeah I'd imagine they'll do a hotter version of the Astra and Insignia VXRs which are already on sale as Holdens.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

drunkill posted:

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PuntCuncher posted:

This could be literally every perth development in the last decade from Mandurah to Joondalup. They are all uniformly loving terrible.

Always did like the white HSV's though.

Nah fuckin Armadale. I'll post some more pics soon. Been drinking too much lately cos I don't have a job anymore haha

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Automatic Retard posted:

Nah fuckin Armadale. I'll post some more pics soon. Been drinking too much lately cos I don't have a job anymore haha

Come drink with me. Good news: I'm renting a house with a 2 door workshop garage as of this weekend. Bad news: It's in nollamara, but what do you expect for $300 p.w. All I can afford since I'm not working either, the $300 p.w. house I was renting in Nedlands is getting knocked down so I have to move, but I'm loving the workshop.

coolmancraig
Aug 13, 2007
Don't you know how popular I am in real life?
Howdy Perth AI Goons! I'm in Kallaroo/Whitfords area but more into BMWs (e34 540i & e30 325i) although I do have a VX V6 poverty spec Commodore to get to Covs/Auto one & back. Didn't realise there were many of us, especially in AI.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

How does it feel when You get loving destroyed by a shitbox R33 skyline with about 8 grand in modifications and a total cost well below yours?

I've always wanted to know.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

coolmancraig posted:

Howdy Perth AI Goons! I'm in Kallaroo/Whitfords area but more into BMWs (e34 540i & e30 325i) although I do have a VX V6 poverty spec Commodore to get to Covs/Auto one & back. Didn't realise there were many of us, especially in AI.

Lived in Kallaroo from 1984-1998. My parents still live there and after moving out I stayed in the area for a few years, until moving to Joondanna in two different houses, then Nedlands.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

I'm down near rocko so no, I don't think I'm going to go all the way up north to have a :airquote: few drinks :airquote:

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

How does it feel when You get loving destroyed by a shitbox R33 skyline with about 8 grand in modifications and a total cost well below yours?

You get used to it man. Although it's never a good thing when you smash one off the line and stay in front of it until 3/4 track, only to see it hauling arse past you just before the finish.
I've come to expect it.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Laserface posted:

How does it feel to give a gently caress about boy racer dick waving?

Don't need to answer, I've never actually wanted to know.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

PuntCuncher posted:

How does it feel to give a gently caress about boy racer dick waving?

Don't need to answer, I've never actually wanted to know.

I was talking about drag racing or track days but lol ok.

I don't even own a skyline.

I actually like these Utes, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for the performance.

E: if you aren't comparing cars or racing them why the gently caress do you read AI

Laserface fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 21, 2015

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Itchy Itchiford posted:

All those thrashed LS2 utes :cry:

its ok, its what they were made for

XtaC
Feb 17, 2011
Nice ute, I always liked them after driving my sisters VZ Maloo.

I'm normally a falcon man, but I think I'd take the dunnydore ute in this case!

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

I was talking about drag racing or track days but lol ok.

I don't even own a skyline.

I actually like these Utes, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for the performance.

E: if you aren't comparing cars or racing them why the gently caress do you read AI

Don't worry I get it a lot. I want a muscle car. Not a highly strung 4 or 6. All good.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah, and that's cool. I like all sorts of cars, I just like making smaller engines faster. Some people buy a ute and call it a day. Neither is wrong, I just haven't got anyone in my circle of friends who has what you have.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

Laserface posted:

Because I'm not into dick waving, I'm not the target audience for this subforum? Think more of yourself dude.

Pretend I said something about a $5k beater gixxer.

*edit: I think we are misinterpreting one another, you are both right and my tone sucks.

I like this ute. It is a cool ute.

PuntCuncher fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 21, 2015

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Love this ute.

When I lived in TAS I walked by a bright green HSV Maloo every day..I never got tired of seeing it. Such a cool car.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
Holy poo poo Perth AI goons everywhere!

I'm in Aveley. Thankfully our house didn't burn down today... Just smelled a bit smoky.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Automatic Retard posted:

I'm down near rocko so no, I don't think I'm going to go all the way up north to have a :airquote: few drinks :airquote:

It's not that far. My partner got a cheap VZ because the owner drove to Perth everyday, so it was cheap due to the 200000km on it (and because it's a v6, so alloytec-lol). Still has the rockingham plates on it. Also I had to drive from NOR to garden island every day for 2 years when my maintenance company stationed me there. I much preferred RAAF pearce of course, especially because they didn't have arsehole cops on the way (gently caress parkin st)

I never knew there was any perth goons, I know there's a few aussies, but since no one ever chimed in on AI or GWS, I thought it was just me.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 23, 2015

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
There's a shitload of Perth goons; in fact there used to be meetups back in the day but they died out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah Perth is heavily represented for all the Ausgoons. I guess there isn't much else for sandgropers to do out west :p

• Locked thread