Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
mailed mine out! I threw in a comedy option non-homemade thing that I like and use a lot, hope whoever gets it isn't just like 'what the gently caress'. also hope they like to cook because :I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
My bulging package is reported as DELIVERED! I wanna know how my spicy nuts tasted.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

Spadoink posted:

Thank you Toast!! :kimchi: I came home from a long day of working followed by day 1 of a 2-day intensive baking worshop (hey santee, looking at you) to find a lovely package of goodies waiting for me! Will take photos and detail the contents probably on Wednesday, when I have a few non-exhausted minutes, but wanted to pop in and say thank you thank you thank you!!

First time in 5-6 years of doing the GWS secret santa that I received a former santee as a Santa :kimchi:

Nice, that was reasonably quick. As I said I forgot both a thing of chocolates and the card I meant to put in but hopefully you like it.

Likewise Santa (30 Goddamn Dicks) I received your package and it is amazing but I literally only had a chance to look through it before starting a marathon of busytimes so I will take some pics soonish. Thanks!

edit: oops didn't refresh page before posting :) I will let you know.

Toast fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 17, 2015

lanefrost
Dec 11, 2002

Give me my binkie!
Santa came!! How did Santa know?!?! My wife and I LOVE red velvet anything. And extra nice being red velvet fudge!

Also got some nice coffee beans! Can't wait to grind some and try it out!

lanefrost fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 18, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
One whole box of North Florida is on it's way to some frozen northerner. Due to be delivered by December 19th. WHO COULD IT BE FOR

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 18, 2015

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

lanefrost posted:

Santa came!! How did Santa know?!?! My wife and I LOVE red velvet anything. And extra nice being red velvet fudge!

Also got some nice coffee beans! Can't wait to grind some and try it out!

YAYYYYY!

It was ME! I hope you enjoy that fudge, I'm pumped you two like red velvet! (I was just going off my own tastes)

Also the coffee is the Sasso blend from my favorite local cafe where I spend too much time and money.

Looks like it had quite the trip, too...

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

I just skimmed this post and was staring at this picture for like 3 minutes straight before I figured out it wasn't a box full of bloody short ribs.

SASS owned loving hardcore there for a minute.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

mindphlux posted:

I just skimmed this post and was staring at this picture for like 3 minutes straight before I figured out it wasn't a box full of bloody short ribs.

:takes notes for next year:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

mindphlux posted:

It definitely looked like a big honking side of wagyu before I cut it up.

Festive!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Ahhhh, hm. I wont be home from the 23rd to the 3rdish. Decided last minute to take the time to go even more into Florida and spend time with family. But someone is taking in the mail (and caring for the cat). So Santa, if your gift arrives in that time, I'm so sorry but I wont be immediately posting about it! They are not a grinch, whoever Santa is. Not yet, anyway.

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice
Toast my camera is not playing nice with my computer so the photos are stuck, but in their lack I will detail that I got delicious millionaire's shortbread, butter tart squares (bars?) (recipes for both would be appreciated!!), spicy mustard, 2 cheeses (nom nom cheese) and toast-made jelly, ahah!

It is wonderful!

My gift is on its way south, with a few less items than I planned to add as I was wary that the package would end up filled with fine sugar-flour-fat dust instead of cookies. Don't worry, Santee, if you get the non-edible card first, edible items are on their way. :kimchi:

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Spadoink posted:

Toast my camera is not playing nice with my computer so the photos are stuck, but in their lack I will detail that I got delicious millionaire's shortbread, butter tart squares (bars?) (recipes for both would be appreciated!!), spicy mustard, 2 cheeses (nom nom cheese) and toast-made jelly, ahah!

It is wonderful!

My gift is on its way south, with a few less items than I planned to add as I was wary that the package would end up filled with fine sugar-flour-fat dust instead of cookies. Don't worry, Santee, if you get the non-edible card first, edible items are on their way. :kimchi:

Recipe for the Millionaire's is on the GWS wiki, butter tart slice I'll throw on there at some point soon as the other recipient is asking as well. :) Pics of mine to come today now that I'm finally home for more than 2 hours. :)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dalstrs! Your package is in the mail, thank goodness for Sunday hours with the USPS. Unfortunately my printer isn't working and my handwriting is awful, so I didn't include a note.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Delicious nibblies from 30 Goddamn Dicks

Spiced Pecans, Bourbon vanilla fudge, curried peanut brittle, yummy looking chocolate and Zingerman's Guide to good eating!

The pecans are delicious, I haven't yet partaken of anything else but it all looks fantastic.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Yo, Santee. I'm finishing up your stuff tomorrow. You should get it in a week or so.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Toast posted:

Delicious nibblies from 30 Goddamn Dicks

Spiced Pecans, Bourbon vanilla fudge, curried peanut brittle, yummy looking chocolate and Zingerman's Guide to good eating!

The pecans are delicious, I haven't yet partaken of anything else but it all looks fantastic.

Sweet, glad you like everything! The chocolate is from a boutique chocolate maker in Raleigh NC and is one of the best chocolates I've ever had if not the best- I forgot to put that in my card. I hope this year's haul makes up for being scrooged so much in previous years.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
To my Santee - the package left the postal facility in Reno on the 15th, but they don't seem to know where it is now!

I hope we don't have our first Christmas casualty! :ohdear:

Edit: Delivered yesterday afternoon! So much for two day shipping, but at least it got there!

Mr. Wiggles fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 23, 2015

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Santee, your package shipped out today and is expected to be delivered on 12/26. Enjoy!!

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Sweet, glad you like everything! The chocolate is from a boutique chocolate maker in Raleigh NC and is one of the best chocolates I've ever had if not the best- I forgot to put that in my card. I hope this year's haul makes up for being scrooged so much in previous years.

It is wonderful, I will be rationing things over the next bit :)

artichokeyou
Jul 1, 2010
MR. WIGGLES YOU ARE MY FAVORITE! I got to pick up my package from my house today and everything is amazing. I am loving the pickled vegetables and the jam is awesome. The bottles are currently chilling in my fridge and I'm sure I'll partake in one of them tonight.

To my Santee: I promise I am not grinching you. I wish I could have had your package out in time for actual Christmas, but life is not cooperating. I will be making all of your stuff this weekend and shipping it out, so you should have it around New Years or right after I am guessing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glory to the Communist Revolution! Comrade Liquid Communism, your package arrived today!

Clockwise from the left, we have delicious chocolate (and something else?) fudge, pecan divinities that sadly did not survive the trip intact but are still tasty, white chocolate pretzels, peanut brittle, and chocolate pretzels!

Viva La Revolucion!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The package I sent out is starting to feel small and paltry...

...especially compared to this BULGING PACKAGE OF GOODS I received from one WhoIsYou

Hark! What holy manifestation is this?

Two of my identities, mingling. Who am I, really?

Oh my yes, let's loving eat this poo poo!

Aforementioned items. Apple, peach, and strawberry jams, pepita brittle, hot sauce, a "ride the L" button, (I have, it was... alright) some useful-looking scrapers!

Thanks a million, WhoIsYou! Everything is mad tasty! Thanks for SPREADing the love! (HAHAHA BECAUSE JAM)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Glory to the Communist Revolution! Comrade Liquid Communism, your package arrived today!

Clockwise from the left, we have delicious chocolate (and something else?) fudge, pecan divinities that sadly did not survive the trip intact but are still tasty, white chocolate pretzels, peanut brittle, and chocolate pretzels!

Viva La Revolucion!

Apologies for the divinity, I knew I should have cooked the sugar just a little longer. Merry Christmas!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

artichokeyou posted:

MR. WIGGLES YOU ARE MY FAVORITE! I got to pick up my package from my house today and everything is amazing. I am loving the pickled vegetables and the jam is awesome. The bottles are currently chilling in my fridge and I'm sure I'll partake in one of them tonight.

To my Santee: I promise I am not grinching you. I wish I could have had your package out in time for actual Christmas, but life is not cooperating. I will be making all of your stuff this weekend and shipping it out, so you should have it around New Years or right after I am guessing.

Glad you liked it. Merry Christmas!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Communism posted:

Apologies for the divinity, I knew I should have cooked the sugar just a little longer. Merry Christmas!

They're a tad gooey, yeah. But it's all good! Merry Crimbo to you as well :3:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Santa came!!

A lovely package from the communist pinko liberal weed-legalizing gay-marrying terrorist-harboring frozen north! Thanks Spadoink!

- A manifesto
- icewine
- icewine brandy
- rum-soaked christmas cake
- date squares
- cranberry-pistachio biscotti
- christmas shortbreads
- dandelion wine jelly
- filthy muslim chocolate-date-almond candies
- a donation to the Alameda County Food Bank!!

My house smells like rum cake now this is excellent.

deathrat
May 25, 2010
Santa! I got my package and it is AWESOME, I didn't find a note inside though, so I have no idea who you are(maybe I missed it? or maybe it's a puzzle where I have to take all the scrunched up magazine pages and put it back together?? I do like a good puzzle...). Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post some pictures soon.

deathrat fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 25, 2015

AHugeDickhead
Dec 8, 2008

deathrat posted:

Santa! I got my package and it is AWESOME, I didn't find a note inside though, so I have no idea who you are(maybe I missed it? or maybe it's a puzzle where I have to take all the scrunched up magazine pages and put it back together?? I do like a good puzzle...). Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post some pictures soon.

I was a turd and completely forgot to put the note inside the package before taping it up. Make sure to pop the beans in the fridge but other than that, go hogwild. Looking forward to the pictures and I hope you enjoy it!

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice

Drink and Fight posted:

Santa came!!

A lovely package from the communist pinko liberal weed-legalizing gay-marrying terrorist-harboring frozen north! Thanks Spadoink!

- A manifesto
- icewine
- icewine brandy
- rum-soaked christmas cake
- date squares
- cranberry-pistachio biscotti
- christmas shortbreads
- dandelion wine jelly
- filthy muslim chocolate-date-almond candies
- a donation to the Alameda County Food Bank!!

My house smells like rum cake now this is excellent.

Yay :) Glad it got there in a timely manner. I couldn't resist on 'the manifesto' since 99% of our news on the US these days involves Trump. Enjoy the goodies!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Spadoink posted:

Yay :) Glad it got there in a timely manner. I couldn't resist on 'the manifesto' since 99% of our news on the US these days involves Trump. Enjoy the goodies!

I just got a thank you card from the food bank :3:

WhoIsYou
Jan 28, 2009
Got back from parts unkown to find a package from one Suspect Bucket.

Inside were candied citrus, peach jam, hotsauce, and aligator meats.

Thanks, Suspect Bucket!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

The Midniter posted:

Santee, your package shipped out today and is expected to be delivered on 12/26. Enjoy!!

Dunno why, but I figured you'd got me!

So, Midniter sent me some cool as gently caress stuff!

So, I got Midniter last year, and sent him a signed copy of Medium Raw. It is an absolutely formative piece of literature as to Who I Am. He enjoyed the gently caress out of it, and I'll be sending it to next year's santee!

As for what I got, we've got some drat tasty Carolina BBQ sauce(love it!), a bottle of Wild Turkey 101, and these baller rear end chocolate crackle cookies!

Also, when I opened the box, the powdered sugar on the cookies got all over EVERYTHING, so I thought my gifts were covered in COCAINE!

Also, to my Santee, I'll be sending yours out soon, it's perishable, and you won't be home for a while, so expect a pkg after the New Year!

e: good timing on the bourbon, btw....

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Nice timing on the bourbon. I ran out of my usual Evan last night and had to switch to my backup Willett Estate single barrel without proper warning. It was quite traumatizing.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Also, when I opened the box, the powdered sugar on the cookies got all over EVERYTHING, so I thought my gifts were covered in COCAINE!

That would actually be the best ever Christmas present.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

So on like the 16th or 17th my present arrived and I have no excuse for not having shared it sooner but it was a complicated couple weeks okay.

The haul was awesome!

Home-smoked cheese! Pepper jack, habanero jack, cheese sticks, and cheddar.

These are so good. It's a really sharp, pungent smokiness, much nicer than commercial smoked cheese. They've made some memorable sandwiches. Also it was half of the dessert we ate when my family all got together on the 20th.

Also...rum cake!

When I first unwrapped this it was ridiculously fragrant. This was the other half of dessert when I was with my folks, and everybody was totally raving about it. So much rum!

Finally, beer.

I haven't gotten to try this yet, because by the time I got back from visiting my folks I was all sick and congested. I'm saving it for when I feel like I can enjoy it properly. It looks great!

Thanks dalstrs! And get me the recipe for that rum cake, people have been clamoring for it.

It was a merry Christmas indeed!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

WhoIsYou posted:

Got back from parts unkown to find a package from one Suspect Bucket.

Inside were candied citrus, peach jam, hotsauce, and aligator meats.

Thanks, Suspect Bucket!

Yay! Glad everything showed up okay. The candied citrus is great for nibbling (peel and all! The grapefruit is better then the navels for that though) and general snacking, but if you want to keep it for longer then a few more weeks, I'd freeze it. Minced if you'll be using it in baking. I ate most of mine already.

I will be home on January 4th! I cant wait to see what Santa got me. Secret Santa exchanges are the only thing I like any more about this dumb holiday.

artichokeyou
Jul 1, 2010
Dear Santee,

Normally I would make you some goodies, but my life has been turned upside down recently and I didn't get a chance to. I did however end up in Seattle, so everything you are receiving is from Pike Place Market. There are some spices, tea, honey, jerky, and locally made fruit pasta to name a few. I shipped it yesterday so it should be arriving soon. I didn't include a note because I was definitely partaking in my fair share of edibles. I do have a postcard that will be coming to you though!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Manuel Calavera posted:

They're a tad gooey, yeah. But it's all good! Merry Crimbo to you as well :3:

They were fine when I was boxing them, but since it hasn't frozen and instead rained four inches this month, the humidity's a lot higher than I expected. Glad you enjoyed things though!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I finally got my goodies from Santa after the USPS decided to hold the package hostage for a week. Everything I have tasted so far is great (so many cookies), but a little more tasting is required before I can declare a favorite. The UFO bread is great my gf stole some to take to work with her.

I'm going to have some Cincinnati-style spaghetti for dinner tonight (assuming I can eat anything after gorging myself on all the cookies). I love pickles so I am sure I will enjoy the pickles and peppers. The chips will go great with my sandwiches this week.

Thanks for all the great goodies Manuel Calaver!!!

Kennings, I have asked for the recipe for the rum cake, I am still waiting to find out if she is willing to type it out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad you like everything! Shame about USPS holding stuff, it should've showed up by Wednesday. Oh well. I considered getting you some Melon Bread too, but figured it'd be a lot like the UFO bread..which I've never actually tried myself!

• Locked thread