Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i loved sim city 4 but it would be dope if there was a game like that, except involving international politics and diplomacy. i've never been into combat heavy strategy games like age of empire or starcraft (unless its 7v1 BGH comp stomp nr15)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I thought this was pretty fun when I played it ten years ago or so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict:_Middle_East_Political_Simulator

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cities: Skylines rules and the Anno series is extremely chill

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I live for Combat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

Cities: Skylines rules and the Anno series is extremely chill

Cities: Skylines is badass

Also strategy games all pretty much involve combat, do you mean management?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Europa Universalis IV.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

In Training posted:

Europa Universalis IV.

yeah on the surface it has combat, but really its all just tied to the diplomatic aspects, and its v barebones. crusader kings 2 would also be a good choice imo if you end up being into EU 4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

klapman posted:

yeah on the surface it has combat, but really its all just tied to the diplomatic aspects, and its v barebones. crusader kings 2 would also be a good choice imo if you end up being into EU 4

Play Victoria 2

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

i should also say im insanely bad at these games, is victoria 2 still a good option?

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

klapman posted:

i should also say im insanely bad at these games, is victoria 2 still a good option?

Victoria II is a HUGE learning curve with it's mechanics in comparison to EUIV.

Seriously, Crusader Kings II is where it's at. I'm in same boat with OP where I got tired of RTS/combat strategy games; then I got my hands into this one and it's great. Like EUIV, there is combat but it's only a small portion/part in this game and a lot of it can be played without it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The CKII combat is also very easy and basically boils down to who has the biggest number. At least that's what it was like when I played it 4 years ago

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The CKII combat is also very easy and basically boils down to who has the biggest number. At least that's what it was like when I played it 4 years ago

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

i loved sim city 4 but it would be dope if there was a game like that, except involving international politics and diplomacy. i've never been into combat heavy strategy games like age of empire or starcraft (unless its 7v1 BGH comp stomp nr15)

Check out Undertale Op.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Check out Undertale Op.

cheers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
victoria and victoria 2 are the hardest paradox games to learn how to play but they're the least combat oriented of all the games. EU4 and CK2 arent combat focused but you do fight a bunch of wars whereas victoria you can ignore wars and just build a bunch of factories and exploit the proletariat to win if you want

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

play anno 1404 or 2070 OP, you can just buy out your opponents instead of fighting them. Pretty cool I think. the new one anno 2205 you don't really have any opponents anyway if you want to just build and stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

That's Chuck Norris.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The anno and europa universalist games always looked cool, which would be more fun to someone without, how do I say, autism?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I have autism. And I'm a SJW.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Well which one do you like more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's Chuck Norris.

then how are there survivors

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chill Penguin posted:

The anno and europa universalist games always looked cool, which would be more fun to someone without, how do I say, autism?

Freaking nice :smugteddie:

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

elf help book posted:

You can't teach a lesson if everyone's dead. :smuggo:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

He killed them too quickly for the game to properly calculate.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ceasar 3 and pharoah

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
fate of the world is entertaining despite a complete lack of combat

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

fate of the world is entertaining despite a complete lack of combat
fate of the world ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Emperor rise of the middle kingdom was awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chutes and Ladders

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
some of the levels in populous: the beginning

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MiF posted:

fate of the world ftw

I should check this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Theme Park, or Rollercoaster Tycoon

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Theme Hospital

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
If you like deep, engrossing tabletop/strategy board games, I'd recommend CandyLand. High level of depth, engrossing strategy and no combat to it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A modified C&C Red Alert skirmish map with just yourself on it and no objectives

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

What about a turn based strategy game that isnt a bunch of boring history class bullshit without combat? Like turn based sandwich making or something. Are there any of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

no they will not posted:

Theme Hospital

A classic

• Locked thread