Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TescoBag posted:

Anyone know if there is a mod that reduces jet pack drain only?
This is what you want.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/219/

Oddity posted:

3 mod requests if anybody has seen them (I did a search on the Nexus but didn't see anything).

2.) When you are on the craft screen, it tells you if you already have certain mods crafted, rather than having to try to make them to see if you have it.

The game already does this, if the mod is in your inventory, or workshop the button changes from "Build" to "Attach" and you get no xp for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Someone made a respec tool which automatically creates a .bat with your desired perks/stats/etc. You don't have to manually change everything using the console in game, it does it for you pretty much instantly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1563/

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Mr. Torrance posted:

Someone made a respec tool which automatically creates a .bat with your desired perks/stats/etc. You don't have to manually change everything using the console in game, it does it for you pretty much instantly.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1563/

Also, it's named F4RT.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Just a heads up for everyone: I asked this:

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Someone on the Fallout mods subreddit mentioned that pre-Creation Kit mods are risky and can gently caress your save files up in the long run for some reason or another (something about the way they're compiled?). They're basing this off of experiences from Skyrim's pre-Creation Kit era. Can anyone attest to this? There are some cool mods out, but I don't want my save game to eat poo poo.

Got this:

delta534 posted:

If you are talking about fallout 4 mods, yes it is risky. Most pre-creation kit era esp based mods tend have malformed records which has a high change of either crashing your game or causing save game corruption over the long term. Anything else should be fine.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just making sure it's known.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Anyone have an idea about why this mod won't work though I followed the instructions exactly?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Got this:

oh man, if my savegames get hosed up i will throw the worst babbyfit these forums have ever seen
but i loving needed that bugfix mod

and i NEEDED the ability to build washingmachines in my settlements...

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Got this:

I have well over 60 hours in and havent had any issues, Ill post if I do, but this sounds like horse poo poo.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

LumberingTroll posted:

I have well over 60 hours in and havent had any issues, Ill post if I do, but this sounds like horse poo poo.

nah it could happen modding your game this early is a risk but I mean you could just ummm back up your saves every few days.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm legit excited for Fallout 4 modding even moreso than usual for a Bethesda game because of the new features they've added in. The settlement stuff and weapon modding just has insane potential, I can't wait to see what people come up with to expand on those areas. I can see this game becoming one hell of a post-apocalpyse dream home designer.

I caved in and used the settlement object limit extension mod and I'm just having a brilliant time turning Sunshine Tidings into my own little village and fortress. I know lots of people were like "gently caress this it's janky as hell" or "Settlements are pointless and dumb" but for me it's added a solid 20 or more hours onto my playtime.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Yeah, the settlement management stuff is like some kind of direct link to the child who sort of liked making his action man play house with his sisters' barbie doll like <cough> occasionally.

The mods for this'll be bloody epic. If we're doing nice to haves:

1. A 'name your settler' mod would be nice.

2. Also a 'show job' thing when you highlight them would be nice. I mean, I know you can see the outline right now, but it sure would be nice to just have the text 'farmer (4/6)', 'sentry (2/3)' or 'scavenger' and such since you often can't see the drat thing they're assigned to.

3. A level jumbler as mentioned would be nice. With options to remove the drat thing and re-roll it every time the location resets for those so inclined, or a randomizer for the people who hate themselves, or even perhaps a heat map that allows for a different contour of level bumps than default (but still allows adjacent locations to ramp up in difficulty rather than level 50 deathclaws in a barn next to level 1 ghouls).

4. Survivor mode for settlements as mentioned, with options for the obvious zombie invasion (configurable x to y ghouls, 100 odd would be a laugh), civil war (half of your settlers go violent, best used after uncapping the place), mole rat rampage (suddenly the ground erupts with little furry fuckers), BOS strike team (vertibirds swoop in and drop a variety of gits), etc etc. Wave based with points or endless, either or.

5. Weapon modding has got a ton of possibilities. All of the swanky attachments!

6. Since there's wiring and a rudimentary power system in place, hopefully some bright bastard'll come up with things like powered conveyor belts, logic gates and switching, and sensor pads - stuff that can be built on until you ultimately end up with an automated rube goldberg machine that flings junk around and spits out bullets and power armour parts.

7. Trainwiz anything.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Trainwiz has a mod that changes mini nukes into baby shauns.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Every time you fire it does it say 'shaun' picked randomly from one of the dialogue lines about shaun? That would be perfect.

vvvvv hahaha, oh god this.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 21, 2015

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Not sure but something like this heavy rain bug would be great.

https://youtu.be/0t0uCWjQ6Og

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Has someone modded power armour for Dogmeat yet?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SplitSoul posted:

Can I use the Homemaker mod with SSEx or does Homemaker include all of its items? Will it gently caress up my game if I switch if I've already placed objects with SSEx?

Anybody?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Try it and let us know!

also updated my power armour drain mod, you can now customize the poo poo outta it. has significantly more options than the one in the OP does now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Got this:

Eh i had no problems with pre creation kit mods in skyrim and pre geck mods in fallout 3. Just dont go overboard with massive gameplay changing ones and it will be okay.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Eh i had no problems with pre creation kit mods in skyrim and pre geck mods in fallout 3. Just dont go overboard with massive gameplay changing ones and it will be okay.

Also on this subject, that was due to an issue with the tools right? I make my mods by copying records with TESVSnip and then editing the hex values by hand, so that shouldn't be a problem.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Iron Rose posted:

Try it and let us know!

From the comments section it seems they're compatible.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Any mod that makes the lovely vault suit not the best under armor in the game

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Tinker Tom's Fabulous Fatigues.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

One thing about the weapon/armor custumization that is annoying me is that you don't get base stats for a piece of armor. How can I know if armor A is better because of its modifications or because it has higher base defenses. Is there a mod/way to mod this information in?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Rasmussen posted:

Not sure but something like this heavy rain bug would be great.

https://youtu.be/0t0uCWjQ6Og

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1454/

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

:allears:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Is the sky like, an 8 bit gradient? It has quite noticeable colour banding. Would be nice if there was a way of replacing it with a 24 bit skybox or whatever the sky's made from.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

right it is completely ridiculous you can mod the clean blue suit but not the clean black suit i am going to be hammering away at this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

right it is completely ridiculous you can mod the clean blue suit but not the clean black suit i am going to be hammering away at this

You are a hero.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't it a goon that was the author of Mod Organizer or am i imagining that? In any case, anyone know if a F4 version is in the works?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:nexus: went and did it again, terrible nude mods exist. I'd just avoid the Fallout 4 frontpage/hotfiles listing on Nexus from now on TBH.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

:nexus: went and did it again, terrible nude mods exist. I'd just avoid the Fallout 4 frontpage/hotfiles listing on Nexus from now on TBH.

Are you afraid of getting cooties or something from bad nude mods?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Andrast posted:

Are you afraid of getting cooties or something from bad nude mods?

*guy who jerks it to naked elfs in skyrim spotted*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

*guy who turned on auto-showing adult-only mods on his profile spotted*

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

*guy who jerks it to naked elfs in skyrim spotted*

Elves? Amateur. True connoisseurs accept only the finest in Argonian erotica.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

*guy who turned on auto-showing adult-only mods on his profile spotted*

Holy poo poo there's a way to turn that off?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Harrow posted:

Elves? Amateur. True connoisseurs accept only the finest in Argonian erotica.

Argonians having boobs completely destroys my immersion, they are lizard people why do they have boobs?

E: Serious question though, I notice some seriously reduced ingame performance (hanging, stuttering etc) after marathon gaming sessions like 6+ hours or whatever, is there any optimization/fixes for this? Or should I just accept that Bethseda makes some buggy games and get over it?

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 21, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Argonians having boobs completely destroys my immersion, they are lizard people why do they have boobs?

E: Serious question though, I notice some seriously reduced ingame performance (hanging, stuttering etc) after marathon gaming sessions like 6+ hours or whatever, is there any optimization/fixes for this? Or should I just accept that Bethseda makes some buggy games and get over it?

Just getting over it and restarting is pretty much the only way.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
It is something you will just have to accept and move on... until unofficial patches start to roll out.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
There's already an enbseries thingy available, maybe that will help.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Wasn't there an .ini tweak to make guns show up when holstered or was I dreaming that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
are there tits yet in this game?

• Locked thread