Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is the ridiculous delay when switching weapons a thing that mods will be able to fix?

This bug(?) literally killed me once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I have a sneaking suspicion the weapon switch bug is caused by how the scripting engine works, but there's no way of verifying it until after all the modding tools are released.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master
Alternate Start mod already? Looking forward to Alternate Start- A Deviant Life and later Myyron's Jet-Fueled Debauchery mods! Loved starting characters with various alternate start versions in Skyrim, too much to ever finish a playthrough after that. Too many starting possibilities for my OCD to handle. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, so I said f' it and left

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Sonofsilversign posted:

Will it be possible to make a settler naming or job roster mod without the GECK? I have three 20 person settlements atm and its impossible to keep track of my dudes without putting outfits on them.

I haven't checked into this mod but that may address your pre-GECK settler naming needs.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't checked into this mod but that may address your pre-GECK settler naming needs.

Yup that should help a lot. Thanks!

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Sonofsilversign posted:

This bug(?) literally killed me once.

I've died at least five times because of this loving bug. The only way I can get it to work is to select another weapon and hope the bug doesn't appear again.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How hard would it be to code STALKER-style emissions? There's already radstorms.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is the ridiculous delay when switching weapons a thing that mods will be able to fix?

Anyone know if the quality of your hardware might make a difference? It seems like the problem is that your weapons don't stay cached or something and this game takes goddamn years to load some things sometimes (10 seconds staring at a mess of a texture until it loads in) and I'm wondering if having more RAM or whatever might make a difference.

My hardware is a ways behind what it should be for this game and this bug happens to me all the time and it's terrible. Sometimes going into the inventory will reveal that it hasn't even equipped anything for you, and you have to pick something from the menu, so it's not even clear whether it's the delay or the game loving up in a different way. I can't tell if it's poor use of resources making hardware matter more than it should, or a bug, and which would end up being easier to fix when mod tools come out.

Also is there an ETA on the mod tools?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Anyone know if the quality of your hardware might make a difference? It seems like the problem is that your weapons don't stay cached or something and this game takes goddamn years to load some things sometimes (10 seconds staring at a mess of a texture until it loads in) and I'm wondering if having more RAM or whatever might make a difference.

My hardware is a ways behind what it should be for this game and this bug happens to me all the time and it's terrible. Sometimes going into the inventory will reveal that it hasn't even equipped anything for you, and you have to pick something from the menu, so it's not even clear whether it's the delay or the game loving up in a different way. I can't tell if it's poor use of resources making hardware matter more than it should, or a bug, and which would end up being easier to fix when mod tools come out.

Also is there an ETA on the mod tools?

Early next year is the only ETA given. A lot of people are expecting January, but it could come out as late as March-April and still technically count as early next year. No real specifics so far.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

-Troika- posted:

How hard would it be to code STALKER-style emissions? There's already radstorms.

Once the mod tools come out I imagine not difficult at all, a modification of the rad storm to be more severe is something someone has allready done, the tricky bit is persuading npcs to hide and such, also at the moment you still get radiation even if you are in a building so that would have to be addressed.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This lets you add Ballisitic Weave to more armours.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1860/

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Here's the thing about an alt start mod for FO4: nearly every line of dialogue audibly contradicts nearly every one of them. How would a modder even begin to fix this?

Insert a terminal log plot dump explaining 'Shaun' is your precious lost Jet inhaler and 'your son' is a unique Jangles reskin.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Snackula posted:

Insert a terminal log plot dump explaining 'Shaun' is your precious lost Jet inhaler and 'your son' is a unique Jangles reskin.

Give me back my monkey!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Kalaxus posted:

Alternate Start mod already? Looking forward to Alternate Start- A Deviant Life and later Myyron's Jet-Fueled Debauchery mods! Loved starting characters with various alternate start versions in Skyrim, too much to ever finish a playthrough after that. Too many starting possibilities for my OCD to handle. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, so I said f' it and left

Not gonna lie. This might actually be funny enough to download.

Granted, I assume it'd just be an hour worth of the Fallout 2 protagonist beating the poo poo out of Myron for being an evil little shithead.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 22, 2015

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Archonex posted:

Not gonna lie. This might actually be funny enough to download.

Granted, I assume it'd just be an hour worth of the Fallout 2 protagonist beating the poo poo out of Myron for being an evil little shithead.

I think he has a fitting ending anyway, shanked by some random Jet junkie in The Den and completely forgotten about.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Snackula posted:

That would be hilarious.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
I'm hesitant to read the other threads due to spoilers. Does joining the Brotherhood with Danse lock you out of content with other factions in the future? I've put that quest off for a while, and now I've finally crossed to the other side of the river and I still have yet to talk to Danse. I want vertibirds.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

reagan posted:

I'm hesitant to read the other threads due to spoilers. Does joining the Brotherhood with Danse lock you out of content with other factions in the future? I've put that quest off for a while, and now I've finally crossed to the other side of the river and I still have yet to talk to Danse. I want vertibirds.

It doesn't, no. The game makes it very clear when you're about to lock yourself out of other factions and they all have an explicit "this will make the other factions pissed off at you" point of no return quest.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a mod to make advanced versions of enemies spawn more frequently? I play on Survival and the game's core scaling is actually pretty good, but it gets way too easy later because it never fully replaces the weak enemies with proper level scaled ones. I just want a challenge :(

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Alabaster White posted:

Is there a mod to make advanced versions of enemies spawn more frequently? I play on Survival and the game's core scaling is actually pretty good, but it gets way too easy later because it never fully replaces the weak enemies with proper level scaled ones. I just want a challenge :(

I have a mod that lets you increase the amount of legendary enemies that spawn, but I don't think there is (yet) for Level Scaling.

e: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qyrwsdnslbctb07/150%25%20level%20scaling.rar?dl=0

Try that. Rar that has 2 .esps, one that sets the level scaling to 150%, one that set it to 200%.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 22, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alabaster White posted:

There's a mod for increasing damage done to the player on survival:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/333/

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Alabaster White posted:

Check you're actually on Survival. i was doing the early paladin danse stuff on Survival when i noticed all the ghouls were doing piss poor damage and they were all around my level. i checked and at some point the game switched to easy.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

How do I use these? I'm not used to modding games.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I don't want to take more damage, I just want the enemies to be a little more survivable so they can actually put up a fight. The advanced versions of each enemy are a fun and fair compromise (ie: more raider scum instead of basic raiders in Corvega, etc.)

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

hey what the poo poo man, not linking my version of that :(

Alabaster White posted:

How do I use these? I'm not used to modding games.

I don't want to take more damage, I just want the enemies to be a little more survivable so they can actually put up a fight. The advanced versions of each enemy are a fun and fair compromise (ie: more raider scum instead of basic raiders in Corvega, etc.)

Then you really want my Create Your Own Survival mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

Either way install the Nexus Mod Manager and use that, it'll make installation a breeze. The above mod has a scripted installer that'll make it dead simple.

Here's a video to go along with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKcAEn6hLg

e: for the dropbox link just add the rar to Nexus Mod Manager using the big green plus button. Then go to the plugins tab in the top left and select 150% or 200%.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 22, 2015

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

There's also the thing where upon arrival after fast travel, you have this weird sleep paralysis where you can't do anything for a second or two which can be really bad if there happen to be hostiles who have visual on you.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

What the hell is enboost supposed to do? all it does is make everything look shittier and run at a fps lower than 30.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The general idea is that you're supposed to turn off anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering in the ingame options, and then use ENB's more lightweight versions instead (which are on by default). But ENB looks bad, so don't use it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I already enboosted it into the recycle bin

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also it has a bug where it permanently slaps the name/copyright info of the racist, homophobic creator on your character's forehead

CJacobs posted:

From 4chan of all places:

There's a bug with the fallout 4 ENB, which released yesterday, that permanently tattoos the name/copyright info of the ENB creator rear end in a top hat on your character's forehead. I almost, almost think it was done on purpose because that guy hates human life.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

hey what the poo poo man, not linking my version of that :(

I actually thought it was your version of the mod, it's what I'm running. :psyduck:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

ENB is perfectly fine and significantly improves the stability of Skyrim at the least. Some ENB configs also make the game look way better, at a significant performance cost of course.

The fact that the creator is an rear end in a top hat is kinda irrelevant.

I actually thought it was your version of the mod, it's what I'm running. :psyduck:

Hah, it's really not a big deal, use whatever mods you want! But mine is significantly, significantly more customizable.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Then you really want my Create Your Own Survival mod.

Alright, I think everything is working. I just bumped player damage down to 35% so that enemies will take more than one clip from a pipe pistol to kill.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

With ENB Boost, you're supposed to disable the graphical effects of the ENB but keep the memory optimizations on by loving with the enblocal.ini file and setting UseEffect=false in the enbseries.ini file. Though uh, if that tattoo thing is true then yeah, don't use ENB for Fallout 4.

Edit: Oh also, looks like F4SE got released.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Man, now I'm really curious what the ENB guy has done. Is there a link to a write-up or something?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Black Griffon posted:

Man, now I'm really curious what the ENB guy has done. Is there a link to a write-up or something?

He's Russian.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Black Griffon posted:

so basically,

Fish Fry Andy posted:

He's Russian.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

My kingdom for a mod that reduces the spread on shotguns to "not loving useless"

ie the values from New Vegas

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

With ENB Boost, you're supposed to disable the graphical effects of the ENB but keep the memory optimizations on by loving with the enblocal.ini file and setting UseEffect=false in the enbseries.ini file. Though uh, if that tattoo thing is true then yeah, don't use ENB for Fallout 4.

Edit: Oh also, looks like F4SE got released.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

I'm guessing there is a ton of "basically Skyrim" going on with Fallout 4 because the modding scene is moving at the speed of light.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

KakerMix posted:

I'm guessing there is a ton of "basically Skyrim" going on with Fallout 4 because the modding scene is moving at the speed of light.

Same engine for a start, though fallouts version is newer and more updated, as well as that generally speaking it makes more sense to keep doing things the same way to a set standard like variables and such, makes it easier in house and helps modders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
Is there a mod that makes it so crafting at the Chemistry Station or Cooking pot pulls from stuff in the community stash? Like how crafting in the Gun and Armor station pulls from the junk you dump in there.

• Locked thread