Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Oddity posted:

Is there a mod that makes it so crafting at the Chemistry Station or Cooking pot pulls from stuff in the community stash? Like how crafting in the Gun and Armor station pulls from the junk you dump in there.

This is already the case, unless I'm misunderstanding something. All crafting stations pull from the workshop storage, regardless of what you're crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

isndl posted:

This is already the case, unless I'm misunderstanding something. All crafting stations pull from the workshop storage, regardless of what you're crafting.

Hey, guess what, I'm retarded. I put it in a private container I made instead of the community stash.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

so basically,

Russia is pretty anti gay, he's just bought into the propoganda

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kea posted:

Same engine for a start, though fallouts version is newer and more updated, as well as that generally speaking it makes more sense to keep doing things the same way to a set standard like variables and such, makes it easier in house and helps modders.

It's less similar variables and more that examining records (and thus being able to create .esps) was possible since Day 1.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

So, where should I go if I want to get familiar with Gamebryo before the GECK comes out? Is Nexus the only real place to go? Should I check the FO3/Skyrim modding threads? Or should I wait for the FO4 GECK before even bothering?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Russia is pretty anti gay, he's just bought into the propoganda

Oh, well in that case,

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Seconding making shotguns actually useful. The spread is so huge that it's possible to miss someone with aim-down-site from 30 feet away.

Also, SweetFX > ENB

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

surc posted:

So, where should I go if I want to get familiar with Gamebryo before the GECK comes out? Is Nexus the only real place to go? Should I check the FO3/Skyrim modding threads? Or should I wait for the FO4 GECK before even bothering?

For a start its "creation engine" not Gamebryo and skyrims creation kit and fallout 4s will most likely be very similar.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It will always be Gamebryo to me, and thanks, I'll go muck around with skyrim stuff for a while.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

surc posted:

It will always be Gamebryo to me, and thanks, I'll go muck around with skyrim stuff for a while.

Yeah being based on it it certainly has all the er..."charm" of gamebryo. Playing with the skyrim creation kit and looking up some videos should transfer to the new kit though this is just conjecture based on the previous kits being very similar, its possible they may move in a different direction (really unlikely, they havent before)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Also it has a bug where it permanently slaps the name/copyright info of the racist, homophobic creator on your character's forehead

I'm using it and have never seen this happen. I pretty much need it for fallout 4 because it was the only thing that fixed an absolutely horrible bug that made almost all textures and models stay in their LOD form no matter how close to them I was, reducing most of the world and characters to blurry pudding. A nontrivial amount of people seem to be getting this bug and so far this is the only reliable fix. Still no patch or hotfix from bethesda :thumbsup:

The ENB creator is a nasty person but his mods have saved me from terrible bugs in two places, the LOD problem in fallout 4 and a thing when skyrim came out where anytime I was in the overworld the game would randomly lock up for 10 seconds at a time. And if you take the time to customize ENB graphical settings it can end up looking really drat good (you just wouldn't get this impression if you don't use it yourself and only see what awful presets the nexus people come up with).

For most games I find sweetFX the most usable though. I tried gemFX because it was the only one that worked with dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin but I couldn't make it look any good to me.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
loving aye is the F4 Script Extender out. C'mon baby, release that "Turn physics off for decoration items" mod already, papa's itchin' to fill his virtual shelves and desktops full of material goods.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

apple murders chinese as like a sport and people still buy their garbage so youre allowed to use the mod by the russian homophobe

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

strong bird posted:

apple murders chinese as like a sport and people still buy their garbage so youre allowed to use the mod by the russian homophobe

Or don't because you don't want to.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

My kingdom for a mod that reduces the spread on shotguns to "not loving useless"

ie the values from New Vegas
I like to think that Capn Beeb cried a little when he realised there was no choke mod for the shotguns.

Because I did, too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Songbearer posted:

loving aye is the F4 Script Extender out. C'mon baby, release that "Turn physics off for decoration items" mod already, papa's itchin' to fill his virtual shelves and desktops full of material goods.

I just want Signature Weapons back.

Falken posted:

I like to think that Capn Beeb cried a little when he realised there was no choke mod for the shotguns.

Because I did, too.

gently caress sake even Wasteland 2 has god drat chokes

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

Or don't because you don't want to.

Scared?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's ok to use video game mods by a homophobe and it is also ok to not use mods by a homophobe because he's a homophobe. There are no morals when it comes to video game mods friend

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:lol:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kea posted:

For a start its "creation engine" not Gamebryo

I Can't Believe It's Not Gamebryo®

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm using it and have never seen this happen. I pretty much need it for fallout 4 because it was the only thing that fixed an absolutely horrible bug that made almost all textures and models stay in their LOD form no matter how close to them I was, reducing most of the world and characters to blurry pudding.

Did you try setting iTexMipMapSkip=-1 in Fallout4Prefs.ini instead? Seems like a mipmap problem and it fixed Thicket for me.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yes but it didn't do anything. I found a huge post on reddit where a lot of other people apparently have the same problem across a huge range of hardware, some way better than mine, and ENB was the only fix that worked.

I did my best to play with the bug but what finally made me go through and read every single response to that post was seeing mama murphy's horrible LOD puppet face talking to me a couple feet from the camera. It was extra scary because my character looked completely normal so the camera was alternating between an ordinary human being and OH NO OH gently caress

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 22, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

KakerMix posted:

It's ok to use video game mods by a homophobe and it is also ok to not use mods by a homophobe because he's a homophobe. There are no morals when it comes to video game mods friend
there are starving children in africa, therefore,

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Homophobes probably make good mods because they're impervious to gay mens asses and cant get distracted by them while theyre making the mod's.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

strong bird posted:

Homophobes probably make good mods because they're impervious to gay mens asses and cant get distracted by them while theyre making the mod's.

I think you might be confused by what a homophobe is tho

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

strong bird posted:

on the contrary, homophobes actually love mens' asses and can't resist them which is why they go deeper in the closet, like putin

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of that, any ETA on Cocks of the Commonwealth? No Bethesda game is complete without physics-enabled dongs.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Mr. Fortitude posted:

With ENB Boost, you're supposed to disable the graphical effects of the ENB but keep the memory optimizations on by loving with the enblocal.ini file and setting UseEffect=false in the enbseries.ini file. Though uh, if that tattoo thing is true then yeah, don't use ENB for Fallout 4.

Edit: Oh also, looks like F4SE got released.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Its not true at all, ive been using it a while, since when do people believe stuff that comes out of 4chan?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LumberingTroll posted:

Its not true at all, ive been using it a while, since when do people believe stuff that comes out of 4chan?

I've seen at least a couple more shots of it happening since I made that post a week or so ago so you can choose to believe it or not, it happens and nobody knows why.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bring on the newgame+ mod already and also probably one that makes the double barrel shotgun have a Super Shotgun mod as it's final mod where instead of doing Superior Damage it just lets loose a wall of bullets
like c'mon bethesda that's the most obvious thing!!

edit:
obviously the firing sound effect would change to the cannon fire from the broadsider like how the .50cal sniper rifle gets a awesome new sound effect also

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 22, 2015

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

Animax
Nov 7, 2015
Any must have mods out on the workshop?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

did you read the first loving post in the thread? there was a TON of work that went into it

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I want someone to port Skyrim into FO4. That would be pimp.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Otacon posted:

did you read the first loving post in the thread? there was a TON of work that went into it

it recommends the wrong power core mod :colbert:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Reason posted:

I want someone to port Skyrim into FO4. That would be pimp.

I just want my dog hat and face paint/scars/eyes from Skyrim.

That's a face of a Psycho Jet fan is there ever was one :q:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

The Iron Rose posted:

it recommends the wrong power core mod :colbert:

No I didnt, your used to be "Remove Power Armor Drain" which is basically a cheat, not my fault you went and changed it. I have since updated the list, with yours instead as it has more options, and that is better, just because you are a goon does not mean your stuff will always be recommended over others though.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 23, 2015

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
improved and more immersive facial expression mod released https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpS_8rK_mJA

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

lalaland posted:

improved and more immersive facial expression mod released https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpS_8rK_mJA

Fallout 4: A Dreamworks Production.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lalaland posted:

holy poo poo the eyebrows are incredible

just release that poo poo with only the eyebrows changed and im in

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Did a few changes to the OP, and added a thread update notes section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Icedude posted:

I'm waiting for something to make actually surviving in the wasteland more interesting, kinda like Frostfall was for Skyrim, or hardcore mode in New Vegas.

Maybe at least something to make radstorms into something to worry about rather than "oh no I might need to use a RadAway if I don't see a doctor before another two of those hit"

Since I started using Frostfall in Skyrim, I found myself wishing someone had made something like it for New Vegas, only obviously for heat. Apparently the components for it exist in stuff like Ambient Temperatures, but that never actually affected anything other than that's dude's Powered Power Armor and an outdated version of Nevada Skies. I guess the people who wanted that stuff had moved on to Skyrim by the time modders figured it out.

Thing is I'm not sure how well that would scale in FO4's Massachusetts, since you'd need to model and track weather sets for all four seasons. Shamus Young apparently thinks the solution would be to make a mod that makes radiation an omnipresent hazard, but that just sounds kinda irritating if you can't manage it easily with anything other than RadAway.

• Locked thread