Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

The High School Black Market
Godspeed You! High School Black Market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

its the kind of place you'd go to in a JRPG to do things like trade collectibles for powerful accessories, but in real life and he bought a DSLite from it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

the vendor from RE4 but with a hot topic trenchcoat full of game cases.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

30 dollars for a like new DS lite in early 10s.. who wouldn't dirty their hands for a deal like that?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lesbian baphomet posted:

its the kind of place you'd go to in a JRPG to do things like trade collectibles for powerful accessories, but in real life and he bought a DSLite from it
net cafe scandal missed an important S. Link with that Asian girl

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

was there an organization to it or was it just one guy who liked to steal poo poo

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

I was gonna say it sounded like a plot device for shenanigans in an anime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

30 dollars for a like new DS lite in early 10s.. who wouldn't dirty their hands for a deal like that?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

There were a bunch of kids that sold stuff either through muggings or petty theft and they also sold microscopic weed baggies out of their socks and stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

There were a bunch of kids that sold stuff either through muggings or petty theft and they also sold microscopic weed baggies out of their socks and stuff.
Statistically, you probably own something stolen from BBG.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In order to defeat the Four Heavenly Kings of Thomas Jefferson High, net cafe scandal resorts to buy a DS from the High School Black Market, but will he be safe from the blade of the Dark Hallway Monitor?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mine died after 13 years.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

RIP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Neutral Cafe Scandal is completely out of control!!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

Neutral Cafe Scandal is completely out of control!!
Two-Screened Boy, Pt. 2

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

My last six months of public education were spent playing Pokemon White on that ds, sleeping in hallways between classes, and dodging truancy officers in the neighborhood around my school so it did feel like a weird stealth game at times.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't care dude.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hell Im surprised anyone does. As you were, all.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

[Lie] I care.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[SUCCESS] Thank you for saying that, Plutonis.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

Two-Screened Boy, Pt. 2

hahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

if you like strategy RPGs, or Super Mario RPG style combat w/ timing minigames, then there's this title called Gladius which is pretty fun

This looks cool

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Colossus is so good.

This cannot be overstated

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Mine stopped reading CDs/PS1 games like 2 years after I got it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's one of my favorites but it's worth pointing out the PS3 version is a lot better because the framerate manages to reach the double digits on that console

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

It's one of my favorites but it's worth pointing out the PS3 version is a lot better because the framerate manages to reach the double digits on that console

The framerate on the PS2 version never bothered me as much as it seemed to bother other people but yeah the remaster is a huge upgrade

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Plus it comes with probably the best ps3 theme

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And Ico!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Yes! Yes!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
basically if you pick any 5 games that are on a platinum or best seller list and find nothing to enjoy about any of them you actually don't like video games and should stop posting in the imp zone just prior to killing yourself

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SotC/Ico remake was a big reason for me getting a PS3, I never played them on PS2. Pure win. The Silent Hill 2 "remake" was a crime against gaming. F

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ico/SotC collection on PS3 rivals MGS Collection for most epic HD remaster ever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

This looks cool

i played it up until about 50% through when i lost the disc in a move. it does a few other cool things. the classes are divided into a rock paper scissors style thing, with light, medium and heavy classes. light beats heavy, heavy beats medium, medium beats light (well, anything can beat anything, but there are big bonuses for going against type). so you have to strategically position your guys.

there's also a crowd dynamic, since most battles take place in arenas. the crowd has certain desires, and will give you stat bonuses for filling up their involvement meter or w/e it's called. one of the beast classes, satyrs, will dance and taunt your opponent to get the crowd hyped.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

My last six months of public education were spent playing Pokemon White on that ds, sleeping in hallways between classes, and dodging truancy officers in the neighborhood around my school so it did feel like a weird stealth game at times.

The enemy Truancy Officer... Boss, stay low to the ground if you want to continue playing pokemon.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

The enemy Truancy Officer... Boss, stay low to the ground if you want to continue playing pokemon.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

do you think big boss plays pokemon while hiding in the box? id like to think so

• Locked thread