Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Results:

Schedule:

quote:

Next Card on World:

NJPW WTL Finals
December 9th from Sendai Sunplaza Hall at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT

Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka vs. David Finlay and Juice Robinson
Mascara Dorada vs. Jay White
KUSHIDA and Jushin Liger vs. Ryusuke Taguchi and Tiger Mask
TenCozy, Nagata, and Nakanishi vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Gallows, Yujiro, and Tama Tonga)
The Kingdom (w/ Maria) vs. The Addiction
CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura and Toru Yano) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Cody Hall
Tanahashi, Elgin, and Meiyu Tag vs. CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Saku, and YOSHI-HASHI)
WTL Finals: GBH (Block A Winners) vs. Los Ingobernables (Block B Winners)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh, and tomorrow morning's Korakuen card will be totally free even to non subscribers so there's no reason not to watch it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is starting now! It's free so you have no excuse not to watch it if you're up.

http://njpwworld.com/lp/l_live_31_1

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Will probably tune in for the actual tourney matches since I have to stay up all night anyway. There are a looooot of bad teams in this tournament tbh, I think Block A is better because it has more than like, two matches I want to see in the entire round robin stage.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Will probably tune in for the actual tourney matches since I have to stay up all night anyway. There are a looooot of bad teams in this tournament tbh, I think Block A is better because it has more than like, two matches I want to see in the entire round robin stage.

I'll be the first to admit that heavyweight tag wrestling is hardly the company's forté and that there's some bleh teams. Meiyu Tag vs Ishii and Nakamura, Tana and Elgin vs Okada, and the debut of Naito and EVIL as a tag team all interest me though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Juice is still wrestling WWE style but I'm sure he'll adjust.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

I'll be the first to admit that heavyweight tag wrestling is hardly the company's forté and that there's some bleh teams. Meiyu Tag vs Ishii and Nakamura, Tana and Elgin vs Okada, and the debut of Naito and EVIL as a tag team all interest me though.

The slate of matches that this tournament has on deck is like, proof positive to me that this company would be better off getting rid of weight classes entirely. They could probably put a legitimately compelling tag tournament on par with the G-1if they mixed the juniors in, but their heavyweight division just isn't deep enough to support a tournament of this size. Either that or they need to cut the number of teams in half because jfc who wants to see Yano and Sakuraba wrestle one match, let alone 6? If it were smaller like the junior tag tournament then maybe they could do stuff like put AJ and Tonga together rather than put both of them with guys who suck.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

The slate of matches that this tournament has on deck is like, proof positive to me that this company would be better off getting rid of weight classes entirely. They could probably put a legitimately compelling tag tournament on par with the G-1if they mixed the juniors in, but their heavyweight division just isn't deep enough to support a tournament of this size. Either that or they need to cut the number of teams in half because jfc who wants to see Yano and Sakuraba wrestle one match, let alone 6? If it were smaller like the junior tag tournament then maybe they could do stuff like put AJ and Tonga together rather than put both of them with guys who suck.

I was following you until you knocked YTR and Saku. Saku's good against the right opponent and YTR's a fun comedy guy who's been used well outside of that terrible MiSu feud in 2013-2014. But yeah, it is admittedly a very shallow division.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
BUSHI = Ingobernables?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Los Ingobernables NJPW really needs a theme rather than just playing both guys'

sticklefifer posted:

BUSHI = Ingobernables?

Yep, this is hiis debut with the stable after a long injury.All the Japanese translators figuring his match getting pulled was just kayfabe were correct.

EDIT:
@SenorLARIATO 2m2 minutes ago
Naito attacking Milano's eye, what an absolute bastard. Milano was forced to retire due to an eye injury a few years back #NJPW #njwtl

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Nov 21, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Meiyu/CHAOS tag match kicked rear end.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's card is also live but will be a single cam show. Hour and a half earlier so it'll be at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT

NJPW WTL Night 2
3:00 AM EST/08:00 GMT from Toyohashi Synthesis Gym #2 in Aichi

KUSHIDA, Sho Tanaka, and Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada, and Yohei Komatsu
Katsuyori Shibata and Jay White vs. The Addiction
Michael Bennett(w/Maria), Matt Taven, and Gedo vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Doc Gallows, and Cody Hall)
Hirooki Goto and Captain New Japan vs. Los Ingobernables (Tetsuya Naito and EVIL)
WTL Block A Match: GBH [0-1, 0 pts] vs. Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [0-0, 0 pts]
WTL Block B Match: TenCozy [0-0, 0 pts] vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Yujiro) [0-0, 0 pts]
WTL Block A Match:[CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) [0-1. 0 pts] vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga) [0-0, 0 pts]
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, and Juice Robinson vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano)

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 21, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Weird that they'll be having something other than a tourney match as the main event

#BIGMIKE 2 for 2 on main events so far this tour

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I haven't watched NJPW since G1, so I'm happy+surprised to see #BIGMIKE is still with the company. Thought there was some talk about him leaving soon?

(also holy gently caress I have so much wrestling to catch up on. I didn't even finish watching G1 Climax, haven't seen like 6 or 7 MOTYCs at this point :negative:)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The ElgBack

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/668034662527344641

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Heard big Mike is killing it, hopefully he gets a Scott Norton push and title run.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'd be against getting rid of weight divisions entirely but there's nothing wrong with pairing a junior with a heavyweight as a team.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Tomorrow's card is also live but will be a single cam show. Hour and a half earlier so it'll be at 3:00 AM EST/8:00 GMT

NJPW WTL Night 2
3:00 AM EST/08:00 GMT from Toyohashi Synthesis Gym #2 in Aichi

KUSHIDA, Sho Tanaka, and Tiger Mask vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada, and Yohei Komatsu
Katsuyori Shibata and Jay White vs. The Addiction
Michael Bennett(w/Maria), Matt Taven, and Gedo vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Doc Gallows, and Cody Hall)
Hirooki Goto and Captain New Japan vs. Los Ingobernables (Tetsuya Naito and EVIL)
WTL Block A Match: GBH [0-1, 0 pts] vs. Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [0-0, 0 pts]
WTL Block B Match: TenCozy [0-0, 0 pts] vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles and Yujiro) [0-0, 0 pts]
WTL Block A Match:[CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI) [0-1. 0 pts] vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale and Tama Tonga) [0-0, 0 pts]
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, and Juice Robinson vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano)

This is just starting now!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's card is not live. It should be available tomorrow night US time, but if precedence hold from this year's BOSJ only the group matches will be uploaded.

World Tag League Night 3
Monday November 22nd from Kuwana City Gymnasium in Mie

KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask, and Jay White vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Mascara Dorada, and David Finlay
TenCozy vs. Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka
GBH and Juice Robinson vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, and Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Okada, Nakamura, Ishii, YTR, and YOSHI) vs. BC (AJ, Fale, Yujiro, Tama, and Hall)
WTL Block B Match:Kingdom(w/Maria)[0-0, 0 pts] vs. Los Ingobernables [1-0, 2 pts]
WTL Block A Match:Tanahashi + Elgin [1-0, 2 pts] vs. The Addiction [0-0, 0 pts]
WTL Block B Match:Meiyu Tag [1-0, 2 pts] vs. MGKA + Gallows [0-1, 0 pts]

Unusual to see a heavyweight show without any of the big 4 in the main event.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 22, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00357_3

This morning's WTL show is finally up!

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Okay but seriously what is Daniels wearing?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Standings updated up to Night 4's card that was uploaded last night:

The block matches from this morning's show that will be available later tonight:

NJPW WTL Night 4
Ichikawa Prefectural Industrial Hall #3

The Addiction[0-1, 0 pts] vs. Fale and Tonga[0-1, 0 pts]
The Kingdom [0-1, 0 pts] vs. MGKA and Gallows [0-2, 0 pts]
Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI [1-1, 2 pts] vs. Nagata and Nakanishi [1-1, 2 pts]

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 24, 2015

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Tag champs off to a great start!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Tag champs off to a great start!

It seriously took me a bit to even remember who has the heavyweight tag belts right now and I'm still not 100% sure of myself.

(It's Anderson/Gallows again... right?)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00357_4

Today's show is up

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Off today tomorrow and the next show will be live on Friday morning (4:30 EST/9:30 GMT). This means that the whole card will be available. Main event should certaily be worht catching as it's building towards one of the two big matches at the dome.

NJPW WTL Night 5
November 25th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT from Hiroshima Green Arena

Tiger Mask, Jay White, and David Finlay vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Yohei Komatsu, and Sho Tanaka
KUSHIDA, Liger, Dorada, and Robinson, vs. Yano, Gedo, and the Kingdom(w/Maria)
Meiyu Tag, Nagata, Nakanishi, and Captain vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Gallows, Fale, Tonga, and Hall)
WTL Block B Match:Ten Cozy [1-0, 2 pts] vs. Los Ingobernables [2-0, 4 pts]
WTL Block A Match:Tanahashi and Elgin [2-0. 4 pts] vs. GBH [0-2, 0 pts]
WTL Block A Match:Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI [2-1. 4 pts] vs. The Addiction [1-1, 2 pts]
WTL Block B Match:Nakamura and Ishii [0-1, 0 pts] vs. AJ Styles and Yujiro [0-1, 0 pts]

I'm really not sure who's winning this now that we're a few days in. I can't see any of the teams with guys in big singles matches for obvious reasons. Los Ingobernables would make the most sense at first glance but I'm sure they're facing Meiyu Tag in some fashion at the Dome. Maybe GBH will go on a winning streak after a bad start to take it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yas love+power vs. gbh

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think Los Ingobernables win the tourney and then the belts at WK because they're the only team in the bracket with reasonably high profile guys that I think really benefit from having the championships.

Then again, maybe I'm giving Gedo's tag division booking too much credit.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Seems unlikely that Los Ingobernables or Meiyu Tag are going to win because whichever team doesn't win doesn't have a logical match for the Dome. Honma and Makabe are the favorites.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJPW WTL Night 5
November 25th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT from Hiroshima Green Arena

Tiger Mask, Jay White, and David Finlay vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Yohei Komatsu, and Sho Tanaka
KUSHIDA, Liger, Dorada, and Robinson, vs. Yano, Gedo, and the Kingdom(w/Maria)
Meiyu Tag, Nagata, Nakanishi, and Captain vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Gallows, Fale, Tonga, and Hall)
WTL Block B Match:Ten Cozy [1-0, 2 pts] vs. Los Ingobernables [2-0, 4 pts]
WTL Block A Match:Tanahashi and Elgin [2-0. 4 pts] vs. GBH [0-2, 0 pts]
WTL Block A Match:Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI [2-1. 4 pts] vs. The Addiction [1-1, 2 pts]
WTL Block B Match:Nakamura and Ishii [0-1, 0 pts] vs. AJ Styles and Yujiro [0-1, 0 pts]

This is at intermission now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Nice little show so far, though I barely paid attention to the first two matches.

Kojima being easily the least protected former main eventer in NJPW is a bit of a pity though because I think he has enough in the tank for one more high profile run.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

That match he had with Okada during the latter's second reign was fantastic.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Japan loves #BIGMIKE

If Lethal retains at Final Battle I wonder if ROH would have Elgin use his SOTF title shot at WK. It would make sense if NJPW is still interested in having the ROH title defended there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Japan loves #BIGMIKE

If Lethal retains at Final Battle I wonder if ROH would have Elgin use his SOTF title shot at WK. It would make sense if NJPW is still interested in having the ROH title defended there.

That's the rumor, and I bet Elgin wins.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thauros posted:

That's the rumor, and I bet Elgin wins.

I doubt it, since he's gone back to freelance rather than re-up his contract. Seems to me that they're setting up Kyle to win the belt from Lethal at either 14th Anniversary or Supercard of Honor, since the whole basis of his feud with Cole is that Cole is preventing him from getting a fair shot at the title.

But Elgin should at least definitely get the babyface reaction against Lethal from the Japanese fans after this tour and the G-1.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 27, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yujiro enters with a Chun Li cosplayer. Okay then.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Back to the "next day delivery" shows for a while. Tomorrow's show has 3 block matches that should be available tomorrow night around 10 PM EST.

NJPW WTL Night 6
November 28th from Refresh Park Gymnasium in Yamaguchi

WTL Block A Match: GBH [1-2, 2 pts] vs. The Addiction [2-1, 4 pts]
WTL Block B Match: TenCozy [1-1, 2 pts] vs. MGKA and Gallows [1-2, 2 pts]
WTL Block A Match: Meiyu Tag [2-0, 4 pts] vs. AJ Styles and Yujiro [1-1, 2 pts]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

AJ Styles is injured and his team had to forfeit their scheduled match with Meiyu Tag.

The three block matches held a few hours ago should be available tonight around 10 PM EST.

NJPW WTL Night 7
November 29th from the Texport Imabari in Ehime Prefecture

GBH [2-2, 4 pts] vs. Fale and Tama Tonga [0-2, 0 pts]
Nakamura and Ishii [0-2, 0 pts] vs. The Kingdom (w/ Maria) [0-2, 0 pts]
Tanahashi and Elgin [2-1, 4 pts] vs. Nagata and Nakanishi [1-1, 2 pts]

We all get to witness the wonder of Main Event Manabu :toot:

Thauros fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 29, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I haven't checked out any of the World Tag League events yet and I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I haven't read the thread... are any matches/days in particular worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
It really looks like they're leading to an Ingobernables/Meiyu Tag DDQ/DCO on the final night to send BC through to the finals. Which is very smart and cool booking.

• Locked thread