Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Krowley posted:

This movie did not have to be so god drat long

Wait, so not only did they needlessly make the third book two movies, this one is long as gently caress too? God damnit.

I dunno if you guys are with me, but I quite liked the first two movies and hearing the third book was gonna be stretched into two movies completely and utterly destroyed my interest in the franchise. I dunno if that's unreasonable but nothing about that decision struck me as artful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

of bees posted:

I think the problem with making it one movie is that it would have had to be one LONG movie, like 3 and a half hours. So a compact, good 'mockingjay' is too long for one movie, but too short for two.

I'm not familiar with the books themselves, but is the third book a particularly long or complex book compared to the other 2? What about the others edits down cleanly to 2 hours 20 minutesish while this required 2 movies? I'm more than willing to admit I was wrong but the decision strikes me as a harry potter-esque 'gotta get one more movie's worth of ticket sales from this baby.'

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Sarcastro posted:

Everything - everything - was rushed as hell in the book. This isn't a case of "the last book should have only been one movie," it's a case of "the last book should have been two books."

Interesting, I might have to give these another look then.

• Locked thread