Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
This has to be one of the most underwhelming conclusions to a film series I've seen. The plots to these movies have never really held up to scrutiny because the world they're based in is just nonsensical, but they were stylish and fun despite that. Outside of a handful of scenes, usually limited to when President Snow is on camera, the fun is totally sucked out of this one and we're locked into the politicking of the resistance. It's all so dreary and underwhelming and the plot just sort of crawls forward for two hours. I really want Hollywood to stop splitting up novels into multiple films just to increase ticket sales because I bet there's a good movie to be made between the two Mockingjay films. But whatever I'm sure it will make a bajillion dollars so my opinion doesn't really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Surlaw posted:

I loved the Black Goo and Donald Sutherland's final scene enough to overlook the weaknesses of the film. I kind of like that Katniss's Sneaking Mission was insignificant in the overall picture of the war effort, but I agree that greatly reducing the propaganda war in favor of a physical war was a little disappointing.

The real issue is that the rebellion's victory just feels inevitable. At no point do you ever feel like their army is in danger of being defeated. Obviously this is because the propaganda machine is causing people to switch sides, but we're never shown it outside of the civilians fleeing the Nut, and even that doesn't actually end with the surrender of Snow's supporters.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I also had a good chuckle when they found the stairs had been destroyed and didn't even bother trying to get to the next floor by other means despite the oil still coming. It was like an artificial barrier in a video game.

• Locked thread