Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It's funny, I don't normally go much for GTA type games, but something about this one I've seen so far I really like, both this playthrough and the times I've watched others play. Perhaps it's the way the writing feels really legit, and that they do a pretty great job with sense of place, where Hong Kong feels very real as the crowded island metropolis it is in real life. Like, there just seems like nothing but cultural respect oozing off of the game, and that makes a HUGE difference in my impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I need to get around to getting this game some time soon. Regardless though, even though the cop demerit system is there, it still seems pretty strange that you can just like, get away with killing dudes and not go to jail yourself, even if you ARE an undercover agent.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wei has diplomatic immunity due to being American. We get to see this in action later on.

So I could go to Hong Kong TODAY and just start shoving peoples heads into meatgrinders and walk away scott free. Got it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm almost definitely buying it from the sale. I normally don't go for these GTA style Sandbox city games, but something about this one always draws me in. I think it's that they did so good a job at making HK feel real and alive.

Also, during that mission with Calvin, I liked how the second police car got wrecked by literally crashing into the first police van. I think you missed that happen.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, I got it in the steam sale, it's only seven fifty right now. I'll probably play it tonight for the first time. Like I said, I don't normally go for these types of games, but something about this one specifically draws me in.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So I've started playing a little finally. Mostly my game has been "Wei's wild Hong Kong Shopping Trip" but I'm liking it. Also a tip to help with the police exp...first do the mission that has you beat up some alley thugs and grants you the forensic outfit. This outfit grants you double police exp at the cost of zero triad exp. You don't have to wear it yet. Go on the drug bust missions. You have no time limit, so drive slow and careful to the location. After you've set up the camera, carefully go back home. NOW change into the forensic suit if you haven't already, as you should already be still at full points. Do the camera part in outfit, and you'll be rolling in EXP. I NEVER get good police scores on ANY driving mission, so this is a good way to catch up.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Let me just say I appreciated the way you misplaced the gate and rammed straight into the fence for the fancy car scientist's lot twice.

Also, for the record, you can get a smaller pet bird for your home way back in the Night Market at the beginning of the game. And a much better mattress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Today we learn that argate has a hard time lasting a minute :v:

To be fair, from what I've played so far, the driving really sucks in this game. Which is awful considering how many race and chase missions there are.

• Locked thread