Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Pesky Splinter posted:

Honestly, the best game to have come out for Who, is that recent Lego Dimensions game; it's got all the Doctors, gets around the issue of having the Doctor kill things by virtue of everything being made of lego, and generally has pretty solid and varied gameplay. And some nice little charm to it.

The downsides are that it's massively expensive, and it's limited in that it's basically a short level pack.

Anyway, the cutscenes in this game remind me of the somewhat jerky animations you could create from The Movies game.

You can get the other Doctors? I know they appear in the title sequence.

I have more money than sense and bought Dimensions (actually, I have a weak spot for the Traveller's Tales LEGO games in general) primarily for the ability to do things like play LEGO Portal and LEGO Doctor Who. I bought the LEGO Doctor Who level pack so I might be convinced to do a video of that if people are interested. (Plus I can drag my brother into it to play it the proper way: constantly killing your co-op opponent as your fellow player is an auto-aim target.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Mokinokaro posted:

IIRC, when you die as The Doctor you respawn as another regeneration.

That must only happen outside the Doctor's story. During the Doctor's story level, the Doctor just respawns and one of his quips is "what? You expected a younger version?"

PoshAlligator posted:

I'd watch it. More than happy to add it to the OP if it's just a small thing and you don't want to make a whole thread for it. I have zero idea how long the content is.

The story mode part would be something like a half hour to an hour, especially if I edit out the backtracking. (As the Doctor is a time traveler, a bunch of puzzles are "use the TARDIS to go back in time, do a thing, then go forward in time to make use of the new path you opened." I guess that's sort of a spoiler but it's also a very generic "video game time travel" trope.)

I haven't screwed around in the open world part you unlock after finishing the story so I have no idea how much stuff is in there.

I don't know how it would go with a co-op partner because, as in most co-op games, having a co-op player is frequently more of a detriment than a help.

• Locked thread