Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Ohhh boy. I remember being too bloody kind to these when I reviewed the first two episodes. After that, I just sort of gave up. Sumo Digital, meanwhile, are kind of a depressing story, in their way. They used to be members of Gremlin Interactive (Who made some interesting stuff), but after they became Sumo Digital, their output has been... Erratic. Broken Sword: The Angel of Death. Driver '76. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Sumo had a hand in all of these, and more, and now have ex Bizarre Creations and Black Rock staff on the team.

But yes, these games are aggressively mediocre, and yet, your commentary is keeping me interested. Oh, and Metal Gear mechanics... I'd blanked those out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Yep, that was indeed a very Doctory thing to do, and to be fair to Karen, she hit that right note of mockery and surprise with the "I think you pulled!" line. Shame that's pretty much the only thing worth commenting o- Oh, wait, that's a lie. Anghelides is not a mathematician, but most likely Peter Anghelides, the author of a fair few Torchwood books. So that's something else.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Oh, boy, they brought out the Philadelphia Experiment for this? I'm feeling better and better about the fact I was on one of my reviewing hiatuses when the latter eps came up. Also, I think the main problem here is that old chestnut about game before story, or, more accurately, the "need" to game things and pad out the time screwing the pacing. If the backtracking and the "Repeat this thing 'puzzles'" were removed, it would cut this ep by a third to half, and some of it would maybe have felt urgent.

Also, yay for drama through incompetency? "This man has made a perfectly reasonable argument that you die in the dark, and the lifepods are all rather dark. Maybe those lifepods are, logically dangerous? But no, that would be silly."

It has to be mentioned, but thanks for LPing this so far. You're not doin' a bad job of it, and you're showing more forbearance in the face of this than a few others would. :)

• Locked thread