Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I can't believe todays torture was "eating lead"

edit: sorry for this pun snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Eating mayonnaise with anything other than sandwiches is certainly torture.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Brought To You By posted:

As I continue to add scan groups to my rss feeds I got around to Shadow's house and there have been a number of updates since MD went down. They have uploaded them all to imgur with a Cubari frontend if you want to read it without using being limited to vertical scrolling. Pretty sizable update and some huge implications here So the shadows are given the names of the humans they copy and Shirley is still alive :woop:. The first one makes sense because for the most part shadows give a nickname to their human that would reasonably be a nickname that kid would already have and recognize on a subconscious level. It's possible that one of the reasons Emilyko is so divergent is because Kate gave her an off name.

Shirley still being alive isn't surprising since her "death" was mentioned to be outside the norm. But holy crap is she busted, shapeshifting and empathic communication? Nobody is going to catch onto this unless there's a major fuckup.

Did something happen to 95, it's untranslated and that seems to be the one with the big reveals lol

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Did something happen to 95, it's untranslated and that seems to be the one with the big reveals lol

The translation is on the side bar.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Anyway that's a hell of a thing to sit on for that many chapters to bust out at this stage lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Eating mayonnaise with anything other than sandwiches is certainly torture.

japanese kewpie mayo goes with anything :ninja:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jerkface posted:

japanese kewpie mayo goes with anything :ninja:

I only know american mayo so if it's better I will happily change my mind.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

I've only had it a few times, but I will say that it's an entirely different beast from standard American Mayo, and should definitely be used as such.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

its somewhat different, if you are very anti-mayo then it is probably not different enough honestly

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I’m surprised no one is bugging out over dead dead demon! Whoever recommended it a long time ago, thank you! I read most of it in one sitting, I’ve only done that with blame! and a silent voice, and chio’s school road.

Choi’s school road is a really great recommendation for this thread, it has a mean girls/western sense of humor that I feel is a rarity. The romantic interest is a great character too, probably one of my favorites.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

superloosegoose posted:

I’m surprised no one is bugging out over dead dead demon! Whoever recommended it a long time ago, thank you! I read most of it in one sitting, I’ve only done that with blame! and a silent voice, and chio’s school road.

Choi’s school road is a really great recommendation for this thread, it has a mean girls/western sense of humor that I feel is a rarity. The romantic interest is a great character too, probably one of my favorites.

One of the most underrated aspects of Chio's School Road is how quickly either Chio or Manana are willing to throw one another under the bus for the pettiest bullshit in spite of being friends.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

superloosegoose posted:

Dead Dead Demon is an acquired taste, I binged a ton of it, got to the end, and once it got to periodic updates I slowly lost interest and dropped it. It's a weird manga.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Asano's longer running series have a LOT going on at points and there tends to be long breaks between chapters a lot so it's hard to keep up with reading on schedule. I've binged through Dead Dead Demons twice at various points but probably won't touch it again until it finishes.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
dededede is a masterpiece, really captures the feeling of being alive in this age in a way that little else does. maybe the definite manga of the 2010s

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

dedede loving rules, the last chapter that I saw ripped Tokyo apart

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Useless Ponko
Was surprised by the content warning page, for useless ponko, but here we are.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Flying Witch Chapter 60 is full of cats!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Huzzah! posted:

New Useless Ponko
Was surprised by the content warning page, for useless ponko, but here we are.

They aren’t really clear in their CW, it’s a suicide joke

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I've been collecting the english volumes of DeDeDe ever since their release, but I haven't even started reading them yet for the exact same reason. It was painful starting Goodnight Punpun, getting about 5/6th of the way through the story, and having to wait for more chapters to get scanlated.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess
:ohdear:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Julias posted:

I've been collecting the english volumes of DeDeDe ever since their release, but I haven't even started reading them yet for the exact same reason. It was painful starting Goodnight Punpun, getting about 5/6th of the way through the story, and having to wait for more chapters to get scanlated.

Punpun has so many sections that would just feel devastating to leave off at too

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Did this bring a tear to me eye? Nay, tis but raining in hell

GEH HEH HEH

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Last weeks and this weeks Interrogation Princess.

A very good two parter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House!!

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/95/1/ (actual scanlation of the previous version)
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/96/1/
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/97/1/ (has the TL on the side)

Emilico truly is the strongest.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 29, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Shadows House!!

https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/95/1/ (actual scanlation of the previous version)
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/96/1/
https://cubari.moe/read/gist/JYtmw/97/1/ (has the TL on the side)

Emilico truly is the strongest.

Poor Ricky

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation
Nws warning for uncensored eel glee.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I had no idea alphabetical order is so much cooler in Japanese. That's a fun fact.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New sleepy princess

:ohdear:

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
So the typesetter for Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal has been dumping chapters of it on /a/, and finally got to the end of what they'd already put on Mangadex. To finish off the storytime, they decided to upload the final chapters as a treat since Mangadex is down, and it's about as :staredog: as you'd expect the finale to be. I give you, the conclusion to Era's cannibal adventures: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/221406374/

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Now thats a spicy meatball

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Chicken Thumbs posted:

So the typesetter for Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal has been dumping chapters of it on /a/, and finally got to the end of what they'd already put on Mangadex. To finish off the storytime, they decided to upload the final chapters as a treat since Mangadex is down, and it's about as :staredog: as you'd expect the finale to be. I give you, the conclusion to Era's cannibal adventures: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/221406374/

I'm not sure it was the ending I expected, but it was definitely the one we deserved.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I've fallen behind even on Mangadex. I wish Mangadex was back so I could see the conclusion after burning through the rest of it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

That ending was perfect. :bisonyes:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

loving perfect

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Ok I finished

Jesus christ

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Artificer posted:

Ok I finished

Jesus christ

I look forward to the day when I can read the comments about this update on mangadex again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We're moving into the climax of the current arc of Mieruko-chan
But we're learning a bit more about what we're up against here as well as Romm's taste in music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU :rock:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Better version of 97

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 17, 2021

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Interrogation Princess
I wish I could join the Hell Horde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I sometimes wonder how much joy I might have missed if upon seeing the "'Tis Time for Torture Princess" title I'd ignored it like my instincts told me to. Such a good series.