Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

sinky posted:

This owns. Because BLAME! owns and it's basically that.
Pity the magazine it's in publishes ten issues per year :negative:

Anything like BLAME! is good imma check this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brought To You By posted:

Anyone else reading Usuzumi no hate? It's a post apocalyptic series about an android tasked with retrieving and disposing of the crystalized bodies of humans in populated areas following an alien invasion. It's about what you can expect from a story about a lone traveler picking through the remains of human civilization but still enjoyable. And not without some interactions with other sentient figures

I always like the idea of the film buff getting time to finally watch through a catalogue of films. Something I wish I had more time to do myself, just without the whole dying and horror part.

It's the final fate of Tatsuki Fujimoto!

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
A new chapter of Shadows House is out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
From the looks of it the arc is wrapping up. Quite the labyrinthine way for Kate to make a friend.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Interrogation Princess
:dogcited:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
(de)Man's best friend for a reason.
Does the princess count as a jump scare because even I got startled.

Nate RFB posted:

From the looks of it the arc is wrapping up. Quite the labyrinthine way for Kate to make a friend.

All it took was some broken shadow bones, the potential dissolution of the Star Bearers, and navigating multiple conspiracies. But Barbara is going to accept that friend request and start her own healing.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Hitoribocchi authors new thing

quote:

a world where 90 percent of humans on Earth have contracted and died from a deadly, virulent disease; only to then rise again as zombies who only attack people. 13 years after that "Red Day" of societal and civilizational collapse, the surviving humans survive away from the big cities, while still hoping to retake them someday

Zombie Sagashitemasu

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
New Soara and the Monster's House.

Normally I'm a bit iffy on fantasy/isekai stories where the solution is just "adopt this aspect of modern and/or traditional Japanese culture" but that house looks cozy as hell so I don't mind.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I have to applaud the writer of Mieruko for continuing to be genuinely creepy and unnerving. Especially when it's not just an escalating series of ghosts.

SexyBlindfold posted:

New Soara and the Monster's House.

Normally I'm a bit iffy on fantasy/isekai stories where the solution is just "adopt this aspect of modern and/or traditional Japanese culture" but that house looks cozy as hell so I don't mind.
The demon king caught yellow fever and went from

to

I hope Japan continues their efforts to make incredibly cool demon lords.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Shimeji Simulation
Well, that happened.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I really love Uramachi Sakaba. It’s just pleasant to spend time with.

I do have a question for Giant Ethicist: do you mind if I post your translation in the PYF Comic thread? I think the few pages per chapter format would be perfect for the thread

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I've been reading Mieruko-chan, but is she really in any danger? The spooky ghosts she sees are all intangible and just pass though her even if she touches them.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nebrilos posted:

I've been reading Mieruko-chan, but is she really in any danger? The spooky ghosts she sees are all intangible and just pass though her even if she touches them.

Keep reading

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

even if it were the case that they couldn't physically harm her, the mental toll it takes is extremely apparent and really just as damaging

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'll say this in spoilers but in Mieruko That balloon ghost was complete bullshit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like Mieruko but every new chapter that comes out and doesn't give me an inkling of what's going on with Michiru I'm just like

WHAT IS HER DEAL. PLEASE DON'T KILL HER, GIVE MIKO ANOTHER FRIEND!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, i feel like the most recent chapter did just that.

... wel if michiru is the tentacle head because man i'm bad w/japanese names

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

I dunno, i feel like the most recent chapter did just that.

... wel if michiru is the tentacle head because man i'm bad w/japanese names

This is Michiru

I'm more saying 'Please don't remove her from the story once she doesn't have a ghost monster on her like Cousin It anymore'

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm p. sure her sister or manager or w/e is the source of the tentacles so she's the one that's gonna get excised and we'll have many tender, not-supernaturally-creepy-but-just-plain-creepy stalker moments with michiru in the future

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
A new chapter of Usotsuki Satsuki is out.

That's a pretty tragic outcome, but I don't see how it could have been avoided, since Satsuki did not know how her power worked at that time. Like, what could she have done, warned her parents that she was hallucinating? Maybe if she'd smelled the blood or tried touching the hallucination. We were shown with the chapter with the girl dying from poison gas in the storage room that Satsuki can't tell if there is an unconscious person lying in the middle of a premonitionary corpse. Actually, given what happened with her mom and how paranoid Satsuki is in general, I'm surprised she doesn't carry around a collapsible stick to poke her hallucinations to check if there is an unconscious person present.

To be honest, I have no idea what rules are supposed to govern her power. Supposedly, her power shows her a person's corpse if they are going to die in the next 24 hours. But she saw her teacher's corpse, for example, and he didn't die, so her power doesn't actually work that way. It can't be that her power "shows her a corpse when a person WOULD die if she didn't use the power", since in that case the corpses should disappear the instant she sees them. If her seeing her teacher's corpse set in motion a chain of events leading to her saving her teacher's life, then it should disappear the instant she sees it. I guess it only works if her power doesn't take her actions into account, only other peoples'.

I totally predicted that her mandate of "I will save _everyone_" was because she failed to save her mother, but I'm guessing that most people predicted that. I totally did not predict that her awkward relationship with her dad was because she failed to save her mother.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 149

Well this isn't unsettling at all :psypop:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
If Edward has so few allies, why was he chosen to administer the Debut? Did the people on the third floor think Thomas was getting too powerful?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Mr Villain's Day Off
:kimchi:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

A very nice new christmas episode of Useless Ponko

:sassargh:

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

thetoughestbean posted:

I really love Uramachi Sakaba. It’s just pleasant to spend time with.

I do have a question for Giant Ethicist: do you mind if I post your translation in the PYF Comic thread? I think the few pages per chapter format would be perfect for the thread

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from ADTRW for a bit - feel free! I'd been thinking of sharing my stuff in PYF, but two threads is probably about my limit.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Huzzah! posted:

A very nice new christmas episode of Useless Ponko

:sassargh:

So there's a 1% chance!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Soara and the Monster's House and I think we became monster hunter with all these cats

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My exact thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTX9tsgVHs

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Interrogation Princess starting the new year strong with a Hell Lord chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really like how that's the only way he can fit into a car.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Been re-reading Tis time for Torture and I still love that the Hell Lord is so wholesome, when the princess sees him sack racing with MaoMao she completely dismisses that this is the guy she was sent to fight.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Brought To You By posted:

Been re-reading Tis time for Torture and I still love that the Hell Lord is so wholesome, when the princess sees him sack racing with MaoMao she completely dismisses that this is the guy she was sent to fight.

It's such a comfy and funny little manga. Really great artwork for such a silly premise as well.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Torture Princess is a good example of "this manga has one (1) joke" done right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it has two. heartwarming torture and the gap between the hell lord's appearance and how wonderful a boss, husband and father he is.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Soara and the Monsters House

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Such a good series.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the latest chapter of Gori-sen is truly something special

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it uses a different joke but this one was also a good joke.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There was a massive dump which completed all the remaining chapters of Sore wa rei no shiwaza desu. Feels like the author got told to wrap things up, but it was a nice conclusion to Sadako's wingman adventures.

On the topic of ghosts, there is also a new Mieruko-chan and a new years omake

I hope this girl gets the best counselor when she gets older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Doomsday With My Dog got an official translation :dogcited: