Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

It's been a couple years, but I think the context was Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa getting an anime adaptation?

still mad about that 'me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Some kind translator has been keeping up with Kaiju in love and I gotta say, things hit the fan a lot sooner than I expected

i cant believe shes gonna crush disneyland

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

her power level is off the charts

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

useless ponko is good. been reading it since they started translating it

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

so, Shark Girl, that adorable little 4koma about a girl with shark puppets on her hands, got serialized into a proper non-4koma manga.

it's...not great.

like, it's not BAD, but it just totally whiffs the charm that the pre-serialization had imo.

its bad

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

What IS this subgenre of "Extremely Capable Captured Princess" manga??

loving fantastic is what it is

edit [Rorschach Watchmen Voice] Im not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 29, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Monsters Cant Clean
We find a knight in not-so-shining armor.

Reallycoolname posted:

fuuuuck the end of that chapter came outta nowhere and clocked me right in the heart

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Kyte posted:

This is like an adult version of Tonari no Seki-kun.
goddamnit

now the song is stuck in my head again

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

goddamnit

now the song is stuck in my head again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjtmkgj7tY

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

Dowman Sayman's sci-fi sex comedy How Many Light-years to Babylon? just got it's first new chapters in a long time. I'm glad to see the master of the surreal hasn't been completely abandoned.

:nws: https://mangadex.org/title/20618/how-many-light-years-to-babylon :nws:

KEVIN BACON

god i love dowman

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Leraika posted:

God, I'd love to see Nickelodeon animated.

gnome7 posted:

I would love to see a Melancholia or Voynich Hotel anime some day.

:pray:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Voynich is first in line and so help me I will stab anyone that says otherwise

26 episode series of Voynich but at the end of every episode 2-3 minutes for
A is for APOCALYPSE
B is for BOBBY FISCHER

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

HellCopter posted:

I guess I should just stay away from Imitation Crystal manga unless I want to feel bad huh
That was a very engaging read though.
basically.

end of goldfish kingdom not being fully translated is a crime

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

You might be more inclined towards the current series of their being translated Game Club. About a high school club dedicated to playing games and eventually making one of their own. This is by far the saddest thing to happen

idk, considering duck kid's fixation on making "artificial life" and the girl who just wants to do gta shooting sprees irl i get the feeling this is gonna take a real IC turn at some point

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

I suppose not, but am I reading it wrong? Doesn't Kraunessa basically trade her life for Mama Bunny Ears there at the end? Though now that I re-read it, I don't think that cat thing on the back of the Vol. 2 cover has shown up yet...

i think she cookie-cuttered her and give Kusahara her human nature, which is why she reverted to ooze. she isn't dead, she just isn't human any more. there's a trail leaving the room with ooze handprints on the door

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/775003/1 new game club

I AM THE MOON posted:

idk, considering duck kid's fixation on making "artificial life" and the girl who just wants to do gta shooting sprees irl i get the feeling this is gonna take a real IC turn at some point

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Syritta posted:

Seeing IC do this basically mundane story rather than witch fights and such is really interesting though. It's not like it's much less tense.

Also Prez is great

DrSunshine posted:

I started reading this expecting some light, weird funny stories about some strange kids making dumb games, but I kept reading because it hooked me on wanting to find out what the heck is up with the girl who's so incredibly full of hatred and barely-repressed rage. The simple, cutely-drawn characters belie a deep, dark, discordant undertone that I find extremely compelling - it gives me feelings just like "Onani Master Kurosawa".

https://mangadex.org/title/15868/end-of-goldfish-kingdom highly recommend this even if its not a complete translation. the translation at least stops somewhere that can work as an ending.

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 28, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

the game club finds out why prez is prez

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I am so in love with Imitation Crystal's work.

I think the translator who's doing their stuff might start up on end of goldfish kingdom once they've run out of other stuff and I can't wait.

god please. goldfish kingdom is a masterpiece

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

new game club

who wants to talk about columbine?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Penny Theater opened shop back up which means we have more Game Club Three chapters to be exact.

edit: Fixed the link.

5 now

also, god drat

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I just want to revisit this and say you were right. I don't know why I expected anything from Imitation Crystal to be happy and whimsical.

my, what a dirty demon lord! shoo! shoo!

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

duck kid will be fiiine, jeez.

You sure?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Game Club is over

https://mangadex.org/chapter/869543/1

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I get the feeling you haven't read a lot of Imitation Crystal's work.
it's never, ever, the ending you want. love Imitation Crystal.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

Game Club may be over but End of Goldfish Kingdom is back!

oh my god yes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I'm really liking Kanako's Life as an Assassin. It's a cute manga about an easily frustrated young woman who, when she's flustered mentally says/visualizes cute stuff like "nope nope antelope". She is also an extremely talented assassin who, once she ends up in the world of contract killing, finds it difficult to stop killing assholes.

its also by the author of Tsuruzure Children

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Interrogation Princess
Time for the Hell-Lord's daughter to torture the princess.

shes so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Nothing as far as I know, except someone translated one chapter of Goldfish Kingdom.

I hope someone does the rest eventually :(

Goldfish Kingdom is so good, too. I'm surprised it hasn't been done