Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mana is my favorite character in Musou Telepathy, much like Carol is my favorite character in Tomo-Chan. Probably due to them both being poo poo-stirrers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean that's also a subtalent of both of them, but them being shits is the more entertaining aspect

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so very :kimchi:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Once again, I love the use of color in this series to portray reality vs imagination.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo, stop bludgeoning her, she's already deeeeeead

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, the introduction of emi chapter in ayakashiko made it go from "hey this is cute and touching" to "this is amaaaaaazing" for me

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Probably when they followed mahoro to school

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mana is a god damned hero

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's realized she did gently caress up though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Jesus, from these heavy chapters you guys keep posting it feels like the thing just bogged down into drama. I was thinking about picking it back up, but maybe not.

It's telling an actually pretty decent story considering the main character is a literal telepath who knows what everyone is thinking, which in a lesser story would diffuse most tension, but in this one has led to the character trying to keep the boat unrocked by doing things based on other people's thoughts, and it's caused her to be totally complacent in most things. It's a really neat take and a humor series doing a serious arc isn't a bad thing, you should read it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gloomy Rube posted:

It ends with the guy marrying the cat
lol what

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new kumika, yayyyyyy

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kumika-no-Mikaku/Vol-002-Ch-009--Whether-It%E2%80%99s-Spicy?id=373596

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It really is!!!

I predict an anime soon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mana is kind of just an angry hamster-person

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
time for the good ol' friendship paaaaanchu

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Demon Mom continues to be extremely adorable, it's a drat shame each chapter is so short.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also, a new Monmusu(:nws:), in which there is a kaiju battle.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 18, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think I've ever seen a japanese furry artist, as far as I can remember(outside of recently when those Osamu Tezuka sketches were unearthed), only like...humans with catgirl ears/tails in anime, or the chimeras in FMA. This popped up on KM the other day and it's interesting. Looks like the artist only just started it, a second chapter just came out, haven't checked it out yet.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Knight-of-Flower-Dakini/Ch-001--Fireworks?id=388663

Certainly has a different look to western furries. I'm not sure where to draw the line for "furries", really, to me it was always "if they're human-shaped with an animal head but human hair on their head, that's a furry, or if they look like a mascot costume"

and this is very cute.

it does not stay that way

The golems made me think of Zeruel from Evangelion crossed with an airplane or helicopter. Weird-lookin' things. The art has this detailed, yet rough sketch quality that I think is endearing. Not sure if the series will be any good or not though, what with there only being two chapters so far. Might be worth keeping an eye on though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you should probably bold series titles so they're not as easily missed, I totally didn't see that you linked it.

edit: holy smokes that second chapter

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 29, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Her head is gigantic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gmq posted:

It needs to be to be able to write senryus so fast

No I mean because she got hit in the face by a basketball and it's way smaller than her head

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While some of the characters can look rather samey, I don't really have a problem recalling most of them. Y'all a buncha amnesiacs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hear she eventually goes super saiyan god super saiyan times infinity, so will that be a good thing or bad thing

I like the talking-to-herself gimmick that's happening right now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Space Flower posted:

if you like silly teasing manga like seki-kun and takagi-san and think you can handle a bit more heat, consider checking out Please don't bully me, Nagatoro-san! (the release group you'll prefer is HMS Seira-dan)

chapter 2 is also here and 3 and 4 are out but not typeset by anyone afaik
I saw this pop up and read the first chapter when it was the only one out, it definitely felt like a series that could just cater to a creepy fetish rather than anything amusing or cute like takagi san or such.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new kumika no mikaku: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kumika-no-Mikaku/Vol-002-Ch-013--Sudden-Romance?id=396833

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A mainstream furry manga. huh. times they are a'changin'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean this was the general furry chart I remember seeing on these forums occasionally forever ago.

edit: drat that's a low-quality version of that image, nevermind. Here's a version of that chart you posted, without any Hard R's, which is Nice and Good.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 31, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
at...at least he finished it. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Kumika no Mikaku!

ACTION! DRAMA! ROMANCE! IT HAS IT ALL!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's almost as annoying as people being a poo poo about what sites people use

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

Support scanlators instead of the siterippers.

If I was going to do that I would donate directly to them rather than use whatever site they prefer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
High School Inari isn't even particularly good, but it's nice. Like, it's not really funny or clever or creative with anything, but it's competently done. It's just...there. Not to say that's necessarily a bad thing, and it's cute, outside of that one strip with the teacher being a serial killer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I did too, it's a good one.

I do also like that the chubby friend is, well, chubby. It's not like yomi in Azumanga Daioh or I'm sure plenty of other examples of characters who often complain of being "overweight" or needing to diet but that just means they have flared hips and big boobs, apparently.

Edit: lol the exact same thing was mentioned above, with the same character in mind even

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new kumika no mikaku, in which everyone redecorates kumika's cell apartment!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think it was this thread where someone mentioned Jahy-Sama Won't Be Discouraged, it's cute and goofy. It's Devil Is A Part-Timer meets Squid Girl. Jahy goes from second-in-command demon lord to losing her powers and turning into a child, and can temporarily turn into her adult form just long enough to work as a waitress to make ends meet. She lives in a crummy little apartment and basically owns nothing to her name except her crappy oversized gaudy text t-shirt and crocs. It's all very silly.

There's a new chapter in which she gets to make a public speech at her subordinate's megacorporation

*smug slurping*

Saying she owns the restaurant is absolutely, 100% going to bite her in the rear end big time with the manager

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kumika-no-Mikaku/Vol--003-Ch-016---Strange-Cute-Girl?id=417648

:allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol almost every single page is worth posting

such a good chapter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I spoke to the mangadex dude wot runs it and he said they're working on better methods to import bookmarks from other aggregate sites so hopefully they do kissmanga relatively soon since I've got way too many bookmarks and I don't want to manually move them over

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Gaming with fluffy tails.

While it's always depressing how his wage-slaveness affects him, it's nice to see him happy just having some usual human interaction at home.

Jesus that's kinda depressing too :negative:

the summary for this series does not do it any service

quote:

The everyday life of Nakano, a salaryman working for an exploitative company, is suddenly intruded upon by the Kitsune, Senko-san (800 Years Old - Young Loli Wife). Whether it be cooking, cleaning, or special Service(?)... she'll heal his exhaustion with her tender "care".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A couple new Jahy-Sama Won't be Discouraged dropped. It should be renamed Karma Bites Jahy In The rear end tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w