Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Place your bets on what human disaster is going to proudly condemn themselves in front of thousands of people this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I dont remember what year it was but that guy getting super pissed at another guy on the couch and rage quitting his run of Tomba was a great one too.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Black August posted:

Place your bets on what human disaster is going to proudly condemn themselves in front of thousands of people this year

im looking forward to speedruns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like seeing the Miles speedrun of MP1 every GDQ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black August posted:

Please respect games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Austrian mook posted:

I dont remember what year it was but that guy getting super pissed at another guy on the couch and rage quitting his run of Tomba was a great one too.

he didn't stop his tomba run, he told the guy on the couch to shut up.

that runner didn't even know the guy on the couch he just sat there cause it was open and got mic'd up cause no one at these things knows whats going on at any given time.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Austrian mook posted:

that runner didn't even know the guy on the couch he just sat there cause it was open and got mic'd up cause no one at these things knows whats going on at any given time.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Serious talk I look forward to the speeds a lot too, and they've made the event better and better every year, but there always seems to be at least one misfit who manages to sneak through and make a production of themselves

But even that is happening less and less and the real
enemy is setup and when a run gets no good commentary

That Metroid 4 way run with Golden commentating spoiled the hell out of me

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Chibi man or whatever is badass and Caveman is a douche of the highest order, in my opinion.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69kQBv3Gql8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pure win.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

SeXReX posted:

I seem to remember him getting up and walking out once thw dude started doing jumping jacks for some reason during the part of the game he wants to show off the most

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No he just sat there and rolled his eyes and said real weaselly something like "Oh congradulations, you can jump in the air and clap your hands" which made me think he was probably jealous of Chibi's athletic ability frankly.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3gTKiPq3c

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it looks great on him personally.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Place your bets on whether or not this is the year that Uranium Anchor finally snaps and slaughters the entire hotel and gets his conviction overturned when he shows the jury the cable nightmare he had to put up with

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Black August posted:

Place your bets on whether or not this is the year that Uranium Anchor finally snaps and slaughters the entire hotel and gets his conviction overturned when he shows the jury the cable nightmare he had to put up with

Put up with?

He spends all year carefully planning those tangles.

The Wii that got stuck in it at agdq14 was selected through an extensive multi year selection process.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnK3VaLXRfM lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to watch the Shadow the Hedgehog speedrun from SGDQ 2015.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol...have you seen this run. He spins in place a the beginning of each level and collects hero points and then triggers a level skip. That's the whole speed run

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm going to watch the Shadow the Hedgehog speedrun from SGDQ 2015.

The only good run from 2014 (I think.. maybe 2013) is the Tony Hawk Pro Skater uhhh 2 I think one where he botches every single move for 20 minutes and starts losing his loving mind. Then when he finally beats it he gets the special bails video and they play the whole thing while he's trying to quickly leave. That, and the one where the pedophile takes 10000 hours to beat Fire Emblem and as their getting ready to mercy kill it one of the only other people in the room, the one who has been trying to hype up all the speed moves and poo poo for the last 4 hours all but sprints out of the room in embarrassment. lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The only good run from 2014 (I think.. maybe 2013) is the Tony Hawk Pro Skater uhhh 2 I think one where he botches every single move for 20 minutes and starts losing his loving mind. Then when he finally beats it he gets the special bails video and they play the whole thing while he's trying to quickly leave. That, and the one where the pedophile takes 10000 hours to beat Fire Emblem and as their getting ready to mercy kill it one of the only other people in the room, the one who has been trying to hype up all the speed moves and poo poo for the last 4 hours all but sprints out of the room in embarrassment. lmfao

on the bonus stream someone else ran a different fire emblem game just to be like 'this is how you do it right, fuckers'

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I feel so bad when people superchoke but I also like it when like 0.000001% probability bad poo poo happens and the runner has a laugh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That fire emblem one that I periodically checked in on over the course of what felt like days was loving epic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_gibuPSqCLOY8HruYJ15OYGGkFfth0IevIi7fE9Xp2E/pubhtml

we got some metroids other than super in the line up, TAS bot vs Human, and Mario maker is entering the stage. get hype

Splatoon runthrough off the get go and some dude is going to try Super Star Wars. Gl dude. Metroid Prime 1 is making a return as well. Thought they had perfected that one.

ctrl+F "touhou" 0 of 0

Praise the lord.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
During the Fire Emblem run one dude was saying the hardest part of the run is not losing interest and zoning out since u gotta press the button really fast to skip through the game which is 90% text

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Wormskull posted:

The only good run from 2014 (I think.. maybe 2013) is the Tony Hawk Pro Skater uhhh 2 I think one where he botches every single move for 20 minutes and starts losing his loving mind. Then when he finally beats it he gets the special bails video and they play the whole thing while he's trying to quickly leave.

Based on problems with other runs on the pc set up that year (it was agdq14) it's theorized that the controller he was using was being picked up by two sets of conflicting drivers and sending errant inputs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

who wants to watch a dragon age origins speedrun

Me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rest in piece, Muscle Doug.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Wormskull posted:

Link

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Here is the tony hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fIrPij7Prg

and here is the fire emblem run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs7tFRkfU34

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

i got this game recently and this makes me not want to play it

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

African AIDS cum posted:

i got this game recently and this makes me not want to play it

It's a really good game, just try not to rely too heavily on turning it off and trying missions again when someone in your party dies.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Also a MGS2 european extreme run was rejected...gently caress the organizers!!!!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Chibi man or whatever is badass and Caveman is a douche of the highest order, in my opinion.

Chibi is bad but hell i still watched him stream undertale fpr 5 hours and his mom came in and said ch8bi do the dishes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Caveman is ald9 bad. Just 2 be clear

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

on the bonus stream someone else ran a different fire emblem game just to be like 'this is how you do it right, fuckers'

The roght way2 do it is to not sttram firw wmbpem probably

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

he was manipulating the rng by moving the arrow around when selecting where the units should go so it was like inputting a 2 hour long cheat code

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cool kind of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Oh for God's sake.

• Locked thread