Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Strangers in a Strange World

One minute you're laying down in your bed/sleeping bag/the ground, you close your eyes and drift off into a dreamless sleep. When you awake, you are somewhere else and you are different, you can feel power welling up inside of you, something strange, new and potent. What mark will you make on this new world, how will you use your power and how will it change you, only time will tell.

Princeps Adamas - ???
You awake not in your tent surrounded by your armies, but rather on the cold ground. You can feel the drib-drab of rain on your back and dirt beneath you. As the fog of sleep continue to clear you realize that your boots, bracers, and helmet are missing, moreover someone or something outside your field of view is trying to untie the laces on your lorica segmentata.

David Wells - ???
You awake feeling the sun on your face and the soft grass beneath you. A gentle breeze blows the smells of nature all around you as the birds chirp to greet the morning.

Aldeberan - ???
You awake to the feel of sand beneath you and water lapping at your legs. It’s dark out, and the weather is cool. You feel different, but strangely at home in the sand and the surf. If you look around you’ll be able to see the faint lights of a village in the distance.

Talleyrand - ???
You had drifted asleep at your desk, but when you awake you find yourself not at a desk, in fact not inside at all. You are slumped up against a large tree, in a forest in fact, as trees seem to extend in every direction as far as the eye can see.

Theodore Beauregarde - ???
You awake on the ground, the sound of nature all around you and the sun glaring down upon your face. The last thing you remembered was drifting off in the train-car on your way to a symposium where you had planned to give a speech on your latest monograph. Looking around you appear to be on a grassy plain the stillness broken by an occasional tree. It reminds you of the savannah you had visited a few years ago as part of a hunting expedition. To your horror, your valet bag and trunk are nowhere to be found.

Kahuna - ???
A gentle breeze awakens you, and you realize that you’re not in your island shack anymore. In fact, you have no idea where you are. You are surrounded by tall grass and the occasional tree as far as the eye can see. In the distance you can hear a growl, and the rustling of grass. It seems to be getting closer.

Winston Smithers - ???
You awake to a hard shove, it takes you a moment to realize that you seem to be sitting on a stool slumped onto a wooden surface, not in your Dominion Approved Sleep Receptacle. The place stinks of ale and sweat, and you can hear a howling wind beat against the walls.

“Get up, we’re closing for the night, and unless you’re payin’ for a room upstairs you need to get out of here before I toss you out.” A gruff voice informs you. If you open your eyes you’ll see you’re slumped over the bar in a now empty tavern, and the strong and grizzled barkeep, a mountain of a man with a thick blond beard and an unhappy expression is looking at you pointedly and gesturing towards the door.

Marko Krepostnoy - ???
You awake to a sharp jab in your ribs, and the sound of men talking. When you open your eyes you see a man wearing some sort of leather armor, like something out of the history book you had seen when the Young Pioneers had come through your town as part of Comrade Lenin’s Likbez program. The man is poking the blunt end of a spear into you. There are several other armored figures around him, all with weapons drawn. You can also see tents and a fire nearby, it seems you have awoken in the midst of their camp.

“How the gently caress did you get there? You some damned fool bounty-hunter or something?” The man with the spear asks angrily as he flips the spear around so the metal point now hovers threateningly over you.

Falling back on your training, it takes a moment for you to realize that your rifle is nowhere to found and all you have on you is a hunting knife you received from your father before you enlisted, sheathed on your belt.

Bo Zhang - ???
You awake to a cold gust of wind on your face and hard stone beneath your back. You realize you are lying along the side of a mountain road of some sort. None of the terrain seems at all familiar, but in the distance you can hear a set of sounds you know all too well. The clop of horses and feet, the sound of voices chatting, and the clank of boxes and trunks as they slap into one another where they have been bound too loosely. It seems a caravan of some sort is heading right for you.

The Count of Alisburg - ???
You awake to a gentle prod. You can hear the lapping of waves in the distance and your surroundings seem rocky, but here before you is a small group of men, they look malnourished and definitely afraid wearing rags for the most part. One of them, the leader you assume, speaks to you, as the others look at him nervously. “Who are you?” His voice is tremulous, filled with barely restrained terror. “Are you…” He trails off, unable to finish the sentence his eyes bulging with a strange mix of fear and resignation.

---

Alright, so we’re starting. I’ve tried to keep things short here to let you react to awaking in a strange and unknown place however you want. Just as a note, it's up to you just how much your characters know their power. The only set in stone rules are that each character knows they have some sort of power, they can feel it welling up within them, and that they don’t know anything about the source of that power. How well they know how to use it, or if they even have an idea what their power can do at all is up to you.

Generally post style is:

quote:

Name - Location
BP:

Main body of your post.

Short summary of your action, including which qualities and domains you are using.

Please include a link to your character sheet in your first post. Also, you are starting the game at 0 bonus points. If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the OOC thread, on IRC, or via PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Princeps Adamas - ???
Bonus Point(s):0

"Unhand me at once and cease what you're doing this instant! " Adamas demands grouchily, not quite awake but coming to very quickly. "Guards!" He pauses. Wet. This was odd. Why was he outside? In the rain of all palaces? He'd have to execute the house slaves again. Turning towards the person or persons, Adamas decided to demand answers.

"Where in the underworld am I, and where are my retainers, soldiers, and slaves?"

Using; Command +2: Used in the bolded italic sentence (mostly unintentionally) to demand whoever or whatever is manhandling Adamas to cease and desist.
The other questions are more or less asked normally if no residual effects of command persist.

Also, I'm on US Eastern Time. For informational purposes.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 21, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Princeps Adamas - Slums of Zillar

Immediately the attempt to remove your armor stops. When Adamas turns around he finds a man covered in dirt wearing worn and simple clothes. The man's eyes are unfocused and he his expression is strangely relaxed. When Adamas asks his question, the man replies sluggishly, "You're in Zillar, these are the slums." As you look around you can see you are in fact surrounded by dilapidated buildings, and the stink of trash is pervasive.

The man suddenly shakes his head as though awakening from a dream. He glances you over, the sudden anxiety and terror clashing with his previously placid expression, seeing the sheathed blade at your side and further spooked by your mention of soldiers he bolts, attempting to flee as fast as his legs would take him.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Princeps Adamas - Slums of Zillar

Adamas stood stock still for a moment, allowing the thief to escape. Zillar? No such place existed in the world. Could it be another fever dream? Perhaps. But this felt real and his bouts of disharmony usually didn't last this long. Perhaps he had been placed on some far shore like a hero of myth. A sinking feeling in his gut, Adamas made his way through the slums towards...he knew not where. Like a lost child perhaps he sought out a tribune or soldier, or even a man of office. He had to find out where he was.

Going to an authority, or any authority. Saving the qualities for an interaction.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Aldebaran - ???

Aldebaran sat up, blinking in confusion. He had been a week out to sea, and while the weather was cool, no place he knew had coastal winds this warm at night. Strange.

Rising to his feet, tendrils drooped in his peripheral vision, and he could feel an unaccustomed weight on his head. Without thought, one of them lazily flicked forward for his examination. Like the arm of an octopus. Strange.

Raising a hand to grasp at the additions, he noted the sickly grey pall of his skin. He grimaced, and his face was different. His teeth had grown considerably, and a bony plate adorned his brow. Strange.

It would seem his mother had not been lying when he was a boy. Sea hags did exist, and they had taken him. That they had chosen to make him a monster instead of a meal was a curious change of tack considering the tales he knew, but so be it.

"So be it." he repeated aloud. At least he still had his pants. Turning towards the distant lights, he began to walk. He knew he should be more alarmed at this situation, but the sand beneath his feet and the sound of the waves lapping at the shore were quite calming. More so than he could ever recall, even as a carefree youth.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Princeps Adamas - Zillar Bazaar

Adamas wanders the slums, no guards in sight, the residents granting him a wide berth and eyeing him nervously. Finally, after a while he notes the quality of the construction becoming better, even if the style is totally foreign to him. As the rain ceases, and the clouds begin to clear, Adamas stumbles into a crowded market, just beginning to bustle with people. However, what draws his eyes is not the market itself, but what lies beyond it. For towering in the distance are spires and palaces shining in the sun, their exteriors entirely covered in silver. As he stares, a guard approaches wearing an unfamiliar style of armor, it appears to be composed of countless small rings of metal, and with an unfamiliar sigil. The guard looks him over, trying to make heads or tails of the stranger. Finally deciding that despite being shoeless and dishevelled, the extensive gold filigree and the setting of gems in Adamas' armor must mean he's some sort of rich foreigner. "Are you alright, sir?" The guard asks, adopting a respectful if not overly deferential tone.

Aldebaran - Costal Village

Aldebaran makes his way towards the village. The quiet and peace of the night is shattered by a loud scream as someone catches a glance at him in the moonlight. He can hear a bell being rung in the distance, and by the time he arrives he is faced with a group of a dozen men in various clothes, wielding whatever weapons they can find. When he comes into the torch-light the men recoil in terror, they were expecting bandits, not a monster, but to their credit they do not break. Brandishing their weapons, one of them calls out, with as much confidence as he can, "Begone creature, come one step closer and we'll gut you like a fish!" The light of their torches blots out the surrounding and Aldebaran can't get a good look at the rest of the village, but you can see the grim determination on their faces, these men will fight to the death to protect their homes.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Winston Smithers - ???

Winston awoke with a startle, being addressed by some strange man. He did not much heed what those words actually were, for he was entirely too occupied by a slowly swelling panic. Where was he? He was supposed to be in his allotted receptacle, where he was to wake at 6.30 to make it in time for his thirdday shift at the manufactory, overseeing the proper handling of the monthly quota of Omicron-class golems for The Dominion Overwatch. And this most certainly wasn't his allotted receptacle. It was some sort of... Winston didn't even know what it was. The architecture was all wrong, dominated by wood instead of omnicrete, lacking in proper build and proper Order.

However, Winston did recognize the telltale smell of alcohol, even though it was markedly different from the almost oily odour of The Dominion's synthesized gin. Winston rolled his head to the side idly, dimly aware of some sort of strange, almost powerful feeling within himself, even though he was not absolutely certain what it was. It did feel somewhat familiar, however.

Wait.

Was he DRUNK!? Had he taken something? On a thirdday morning, just before working hours even? Practically all colour escaped from Winston's face. First, he was AWOL from his station. Second, he was bodily in some obviously illegal building (A resistance hideout? No, impossible. No such thing existed). Third, he might have taken an illicit substance, for the only allowed alcoholic beverage was the synthgin, and even that was only ever allowed at least 18 hours before a workshift.

For a moment, Winston merely stared forward, glassy eyed. He could practically see himself before the judicator, about to face his own execution. No. Why did it have to end like this? He had always been a good citizen, had he not?

After a while, Winston managed to build some resolve. Maybe if he managed to inform the authorities about this illicit facility and the stange man who was talking to him, he might be spared? Winston spoke:

"...Who are you? Which hab-block are we in, and in which subsector? Where is the nearest clerk's office? I need to get back to my duties."

Winston tugged on his official green robe a bit and pointed at the small silver pendant attached to his collar that signified his rank. "As you can clearly see, I am an overseer at a golem manufactory, and thus not to be hindered. Certainly you understand; where would we be without the golems after all."

Winston eyed the man over, a barely suppressed sneer starting to form on his face.

"And what is with that outfit? It doesn't look official. The judicators will have your head if you show up in that in public."

Whatever ends up happening in this interaction, I will probably take Rigid Upbringing [-2] penalties for deepset xenophobia and lack of knowledge of non-Dominion based cultures.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 21, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
David Wells - ???

He awoke feeling better, or at least for a second or so. The pain had resolved itself and while he felt very strange, he also felt...better in some way he could not properly describe. Then he suddenly started thinking clearly as the haze of waking up faded.

Grass? Why was there grass?

Surprise turned to alarm as he processed in order several facts;
He was not in his bed. The sun was in the sky so he had also over slept.This also meant he was not in his house. He was pushing himself up and something behind him was dragging along the ground weirdly. He got up and put his hand on his fore head. His claws caught on his horns.
His claws caught on his horns.

David looked around and seeing a puddle nearby began walking over with sudden and terrible awareness of his body's new and unnatural gait. Surely enough when he looked in, something out of a nightmare looked back. A hulking creature of muscle, bone, red flesh, claws, fangs and horns. After looking back up he continued looked around wildly for a moment before yelling out in confusion.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?"

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 21, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Bo Zhang - ???
Bonus Points: 0

Bo Zhang groaned as he opened his eyes and got up to a half sitting position, a slight ache in his back from where the hard stone had been prodding his back. Then he woke up enough to remember where he was supposed to be, and he jumped up, looking around. This wasn't his cell. These were... some mountains he didn't recognize. What in all the hells was going on? Was he just having a nice dream the night before he got executed? Or was that whole 'getting caught' thing a bad dream caused by some bad quality drink, food or drug he consumed? He checked himself. Well, he was wearing his armor, and around his head he had that faded and worn yellow cloth that he kept as a memento. No weapon though. But he was free.

He felt a laugh rising up and indulged it. Well, guess the King Locust got himself a miracle. Or was having a really nice dream. Anyway, he was going to enjoy it. He still felt a bit... odd. There was something inside him, like an extra muscle, it almost felt.

His uncharacteristic moment of self-study was interrupted by the sound of horses. Sounded like a caravan. Or as he knew them 'fat marks'. Of course, it wasn't like he could rob one of them on his own, without a weapon even, and without a gang, but it might tell him where he was for the moment. Best not to just walk up on them, in case they had lots of guards who might recognize him. He looked around for a good place to get a vantage point on the road, while not being seen himself.

Bandit +4 to hide and get a good look at this caravan.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Aldebaran - Coastal Village

Aldebaran crossed his arms and swept his gaze across the assembled group. Fisherfolk most likely, and while he supposed he could force his way, what use would that be? They'd done nothing to wrong him. It was heartening to know they spoke his language, however odd the accent was. Whatever place he had washed up, it could not be too far from home. Perhaps a village on the border of the Imperiya?

"I've no quarrel with you and yours. I only wish to ask some questions and I will leave you in peace. To start; what land am I in, and have you encountered any other castaways? They would hail from the whaling ship Sofia." His voice rumbled out like a moody thunderstorm.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The Count of Alisburg-???
BP: 0

The Count slowly stirs as something prods his armor, a small, irritating sensation that serves to draw him out of his slumber. The helmet turns slowly to look at the man doing the prodding; strange, bulging eye holes staring upwards at him. Slowly the Count rises, metal screaming and groaning as plates grind against plates and unused joints move for the first time in what seems like ages. At his full height he stands a head taller than the rest of the men, glaring down at them from above. He picks up the war-hammer and slams it down in front of him, rocks and scree going flying from the hit.

"Where...Am I? Who are you." His voice sounds ancient and grating, like two gears slowly grinding against one another.

Attempt to intimdate the men into giving me sweet, sweet information. Hopefully War-Hammer [+2] applies here for intimidation purposes. Inscrutable [-2] for being a horrifying iron thing that just tried talking.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Marko Krepostnoy - ???

Marko had been dreaming about home. A party, in the square, with a great bonfire--the sounds of laughter, and gaiety, with the music of Uncle Igor's accordion setting the dance. He could not make out the faces of his friends and family--it was as though they were receding into the background, still there, but fuzzy, indistinct shapes defined only by their motions. And the accordion grew louder and the singing grew stronger, not painful but powerful, until they seemed to fill his entire being--

He woke up, filled with a powerful, swelling sensation of joy. It lasted briefly even after the shapes in front of his eyes resolved into this man with his spear. He reached for where his rifle had been, and found nothing but stone--and he knew he'd gone to sleep on a wooden floor.

Slowly, gently, hands carefully at his sides, he sat up and looked around, taking in the scene. "This... is not the Mining Institute." The spear flipped around, and he decided it warranted his full attention. His knife was still at his belt, but a knife against a spear was suicide, so...

Marko raised his arms broadly, a smile on his face. "Ah, comrades!" He held his hands wide, as if to hug the man, but also to show that he wasn't trying anything. "I apologize for lying down in your road. I assure you, I am as confused as you are as to my being here." He gestured with one hand at his meager possessions. "I am no bounty hunter, but a poor soldier, and I appear to have lost my war. Who might you be, and where is this?"

Let's do this! Applying A True Soviet! [+4] to seek camaraderie with this strange man, or at least not getting stabbed in the gut. Also information.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 21, 2015

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750218&pagenumber=1#post452706546

quote:

JamezBfod wrote on Feb 7, 2016 7:11 PM:
Gruumesh, The Warlord, Orcfatherer

Mortal Qualities

Warrior's Build [+4]- The flesh of his vessel is hearty, agile and strong. It will suit Gruumesh well.

Fearful Presence [+2]- His enemies shall quake with fear while his horde revels.

Drawback/Foible

Mortal Coil[-2] - Gruumesh is unused to being a Divine being stuck in a mortal vessel. The limitations of his body are often a surprise and source of annoying hindrance.

Divine Qualities

PASSION [+2] - His Hate iis legend, his anger mythic, his rage beyond measure, Gruumesh's strong emotions are a great source of power for him and his horde.

ORC [+2] He exists as a Paragon of Orcdom. The Raging Evil Horde-leading one, but a Paragon nevertheless.

Kahuna - Not in Ka'ansaas anymore

Growling meant a predator. It was a warning. Perhaps he could get to the shore if - he could not smell the sea, nor see the shore. The plants, the sky, the wind, they were all different. Best to see what was growling. Maybe he could calm the beast or failing that create an imposing enough stance to allow himself to get away.

+2 Calming Demeanor to help de-escalate the siruation. It is said that beasts can sense fear, and Kahuna exudes serenity.

+4 Athletic build, aside from the above Kahuna intends to leverage his imposing figure to cause the creature to think better of attacking.

+6 to keep from getting attacked.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 9, 2016

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

[Careful. Don't expose too much ignorance.] Something deep inside whispered.

"I seem to have become lost while visiting your fair city...and lost my footware." Adamas smiled diplomatically. Thinking of the grand palace put other thoughts in Adamas' head but a visit would have to wait. He couldn't go without footware or knowing anything about this place or circumstances.

Money. He felt for his coin pouch. Did the thieves get his gold coins? The rings on each of his fingers were gold and bejeweled, but he was extremely loath to part with them.

"If you could, I could use some directions to the nearest leather worker, cartography shop, and librarium shop. Histories and geography are interests of mine." [If Adamas' coin pouch is missing he will ask about any moneylenders or shops as well. The richer the better.]

Checking for his coin pouch.

Asking the guard for directions to the nearest:
Leatherworker (for sandals or whatever passes for footware)
Cartography shop
Bookstore / scroll / etc shop

And in the case his coin pouch was stolen:
Directions to the nearest Moneylender/Bank or fence.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 27, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Winston Smithers - Outside a Tavern

The man was unimpressed by Winston’s bluster. With assured movements, he walked around the bar, grabbed Winston by the collar and lifted him clear from the ground, mumbling something about “gods damned drunks” under his breath. The barkeep then walked to the door, opened it and tossed Winston out into the cold. Luckily, something soft broke Winston’s fall. However, any feeling of gratitude vanished when Winston realized he’d landed in a snow bank. In fact, it was snowing even now, and Winston could feel cuttingly cold winds all around him. He appeared to have been tossed out into a small blizzard with no money and no shelter.

Enjoy your bonus point.

David Wells - ???

The world offers no answer, although the roar-like nature of his call does seem to scare away a few birds which had been hanging about some nearby trees. Looking around, David can see he is surrounded by vaguely hilly plains in all directions, a very pastoral scene. The combination of the natural beauty, the gently breeze, and comfortable climate might make it idyllic if not for his current predicament.

Let me know if you’re trying to wait or pass time.

Bo Zhang - ???

Bo Zhang quickly scrabbles up the rocky slope next to the road, finding a convenient outcropping to hid behind. A few minutes later the caravan begins to come into view. Lead by a line of fully armored cavalry soldiers, riding three across and five deep. Everything about them from their close and clearly well practiced formation, to the way their full plate gleamed in the sunlight screamed military. Behind them an array of oxen drawn wagons loaded down with metal trunks. However, the men manning the wagons seemed strange to Zhang. Their proportions were wrong, they were all short and stocky.

All in all there were 5 wagons, each pulled by two strong looking oxen, following up the rear were another 15 cavalry troopers.

Whatever those wagons were carrying, its owners clearly meant business.

Aldebaran’s attempt to appease the villagers met with no success, though there clearly was some surprise when he revealed he could speak.

“Begone, monster!” The leader calls out angrily, and the group advances towards him slowly, weapons menacing.

The Count of Alisburg-???

The men are already clearly terrified and on edge and the Count’s attempt at intimidation pushes them too far. Their reaction is immediate, of the seven or so men, five immediately bolt away with the speed born of adrenaline, screaming incoherently. One simply collapses, weeping uncontrollably, curling up into the fetal position. The last of them, the one who had spoken to you earlier throws himself at you, a look of suicidal desperation in his eyes as he plans to sacrifice his own life to allow his comrades to escape.

That’s one bonus point for you. The man attacking you is too weak and malnourished to even hinder you, so no need to worry about combat.

Marko Krepostnoy - ???

The men seem somewhat mollified by Marco’s words. Enough to pull back the spear, but not enough to lower it.

“So you’re a soldier?” The man with the spear asks warily, “Who for, I don’t see any device I recognize” He clearly has no intention of answering any questions until his own fears are assuaged.

Kahuna - ???

The combination of Kahuna’s voice and impressive stature seem to scare away the beast, or at least convince it to pursue easier prey. Kahuna doesn’t get a good look at the beast, only seeing a blur the same color as the grass out of the corner of his eye, gone as quickly as it appeared. After a few minutes a renewed silence falls over the area.

The guard gives Adamas a strange look, but then moves on, “Well if you’re looking to buy something you’ve come to the right place. It’s said you can find anything in the Bazaar, if you’ve got the coin for it.”

Speaking of which, Adamas quietly felt for his coin purse to find it was gone!

“If you’re looking to sell, there are also a number of merchants who would give you some good coin for any trinkets, precious metals, or gems you might wish to sell. There are also some shops if you head towards the noble quarter, but if you can haggle at all you’ll find better prices in the Bazaar.”

Asking about money lenders, Adamas gets the response, “Well there are some lending houses up in the noble quarter, but if you’ll beg my pardon, unless you’ve got a note of recommendation from a local merchant or noble they’re unlikely to provide a loan to… someone like you.”

Getting directions to the noble quarters and to where the jewelers are in the bazaar. Adamas heads there at once, all around him are a thousand thousand people browsing a thousand stalls. The bazaar hums with activity, and Adamas can see all manor of goods being bought and sold. Finally he arrives in front a jeweler.

“Welcome, stranger.” The man behind the stall announces with the fake conviviality all merchants are known for. He is a fairly thin man, clothed in fine silks, an imposing looking man with a rather large sword stands nearby, clearly standing guard. “What can I do for you today, buying or selling? Don’t worry about Amadeo,” he says gesturing to the hired guard, “he’s here to make sure thieves don’t get the wrong idea about grabbing my merchandise”

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Indeed. Thieves should be crucified for their crimes." Adamas pulls a large ring off one finger. "I want an appraisal on this ring." Adamas watches the jeweler as he hands over his ring.

let's see

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells - ???

The only reasonable answer to his current situation was that this was a dream. An extremely vivid and lucid dream, but there was no way that anyone could actually become a demon. With that worry dealt with for the time being, David began to walk along in one direction to walk up a hill and see what he could find. As he walked, he tried his best to ignore the sensation of his tail swinging from side to side.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Winston Smithers - Blizzard
BP: 1

Winston did not fight back, or even really struggle when he was grabbed. Submission before violence was something that was taught to Dominion citizens fairly early on in their lives. Those children that failed to take these lesson to heart were sometimes transfered to the educationary lines that trained future Overwatch members if their other qualities were judged to be exceptional. More often than not, however, they simple disappeared and were never heard from again.

That did not mean Winston wasn't spiteful. He very much was. Who was this strange man, and on what Authority was he acting like this? Several violent fantasy scenarios mostly involving the man's Officially Degreed Execution in a variety of ways raced through Winston's mind as he was manhandled and bodily thrown out the door.

When he hit the snowbank, his anger quickly gave way to befuddlement. For while Winston was at the moment uncharacteristically uncertain about his circumstances, he knew one thing for sure:

It was not winter in his sector.

Winston looked around, and while he couldn't see very far because of the blizzard, he could determine that the building he was just thrown out of was much, much too conspicious to have been allowed to stand. The Dominion would have flattened it ages ago. Winston bit his lip in thought and wrapped his arms around himself to gain some measure of comfort from the cold. This place was just altogether way too strange. It bore the marks of an untamed Barbarian plane. But the last Barbarian planes had been subjugated ages ago, so it couldn't possibly be...

Could it..?

Winston resolved to try and attempt to contact The Dominion at his earliest convenience, as was his duty as a citizen out of reach and in unknown circumstances. However, he had more pressing concerns at that moment. Mainly the biting cold. And to his benefit, he quickly came up with a plan of action.

First, he would circle a perimeter around the building to ascertain if there were other settlements in sight. Not too wide of a perimeter however. If he failed to find any other buildings in ten minutes or so, he would have to procure shelter. Now, Winston knew that snow was a fairly good insulator, and some sort of hole or igloo would do well. Of course, those sorts of constructs would take far too long to make by hand, and his fingers would most likely quickly get frostbite from handling all the snow. Instead, he would draw vaguely humanoid shaped and sized indentations into the snow with his feet and stomp the snow inside the outlines into a more compact form. Winston was fairly skilled at golemcraft, and he judged his ability to be good enough to form temporary snow golems this way with emergency sigils. They would most likely be flimsy, but good enough to shape a snow shelter for him.

Or so he hoped.

Right. Winston will take a cursory look around to determine if there are other building around. If none are quickly found, he will try to constuct snow golems and order them to make him shelter. Organized [+6] probably applies in not going through this plan like a chump but instead in a calm and orderly manner, while my godly Artifice [+2] comes into play when I make the golems and the shelter. Maybe Winston will figure out his power if he succeeds at making stuff way better than he ever anticipated.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 22, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The jeweler takes the ring, pulls out a lens to examine it in detail. “The workmanship on the gold is fine, nothing particularly extraordinary, I’d estimate about an average gold content, I’m unfamiliar with this particular maker’s mark. The gem is a fairly large ruby, good clarity but the quality of the cut is quite poor.”

He considers for a second, pushing numbers around in his head. Then he quotes a number, a small stack of gold coins along with a few silver and copper coins to round things out.

David Wells - ???

As David reaches the crest of the hill, he can see in the distance a number of fields growing various grains. In the far distance he can see a collection of huts, a village perhaps? He can just make out some shapes moving around near the huts.

Winston’s quest quickly yields results. It appears as though the tavern he was so rudely expelled from in on the outskirts of some sort of town. The construction, like the tavern is crude but solid, made primarily from wood. It is dark out, and though there aren’t any windows to give away any obvious light, Winston can see smoke wafting out of chimneys when he gets close to any particular structure.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Marko Krepostnoy - ???

"Ah, my comrade, you need to test your eyes! Or do you not see the star on my cap?" Marko taps the metal pin, smiling. "It is the symbol of--" He pauses, mind racing. If he had still been anywhere nearby his uniform would have been instantly recognizable. Did these people know what a Soviet even was? A lie hastily assembles itself in his mind. "--Kniaz Zhukov, the Red Star Duke! I am surprised you have never heard of him! He rules the great Dukedom of Leningrad, off that way." He waves his arm in a direction that he hopes is northwest.

With the spear backed off, he decides to take a chance and climb to his feet, dusting himself off before offering a half-bow. "I am Marko Krepostnoy, but a humble soldier in the Red Star Army. And I believe I have answered all of your questions, good sir." He nods. "So who are you, and where are we?"

Don't think I can use the same aspect twice in a row, so I won't.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 22, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells - ???

A village? Well were this all really happening David would probably be more concerned about his new appearance and going into a town with people. But this was a dream, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Right?

Right. (Mostly) reassured of this fact David began to walk up to the village to see if anyone was around. Even if they did act in fear or something, he was still in a dream so they couldn't hurt him.

All the while he did his best to ignore the all too real sensations of this new body and the world...

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

A poor excuse for civilization, Winston thought. But better than nothing when he was freezing to death. Winston tightened his robes around himself for protection against exposure, and made his way towards the town.

Even though he was becoming increasingly certain that he had somehow been transported outside Dominion territory (that or he was hallucinating, and frankly, Winston didn't know which was more likely), Winston was certain that even these Barbarians needed to have some sort of administration. He would seek them out to glean some clarity into his situation.

In the back of his mind, Winston tried to remind himself to keep overt references to The Dominion to a minimum, even though he felt profoundly wrong doing that. If these people knew nothing about The Dominion, they would just think him addled or insane. And if they knew of The Dominion but somehow weren't yet taken over, well.... Winston knew Barbarian history well enough that he probably wouldn't like the consequences.

For now, he would be nothing but a foreign mage lost in the blizzard.

Winston will perform an Organized [+6] search of the town to seek out administrators, clerks, taxmen or other officials and try to figure out where he is and what his circumstances are. He will most likely have difficulty reining in his loathing of the local culture, so Rigid Upbringing [-2] most likely applies. This will be most apparent with commoners and such. Rigid legaleze with officials will probably come easier to Winston.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 22, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Marko Krepostnoy - ???

This was obviously not an answer the man was expecting, but the way the spear was right back in Marko's face also made it clear that it was not an answer the man was happy with. "So you're some drat noble's dog. I've never heard of Leningrad, but we don't need some soldier or guard ratting us out to his master."

Marko can begin to put together that these might not be the most law-abiding folk, and he can certainly feel the tension starting to boil over. He realizes that if he doesn't act quickly, there's a very real chance that these men will try and kill him.

Just as a note you can use any quality on anything it would reasonably apply to, even if you use it multiple times in a row. The only real limit is that you can only do one action per turn. The ability to abuse it is limited as I reserve the right to hand out downshifts for boring actions.

David Wells - ???

As David approches he can begin to make out some more detail about the village, not all of it good. Starting with the smoke that has suddenly started rising. As he can get even closer he can start to hear screams and the clash of metal on metal. Perhaps this idyllic seen is not quite as peaceful as it appeared from afar.

As Winston wanders through the hamlet, he notices a couple of things. Attached to one house is what is clearly a forge and anvil, other than that most of the houses are fairly unadorned. There is one building that is slightly larger than the others though.

Didn't really apply your drawback, as you haven't met anyone yet.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

A manual forge and an anvil? Crude methods of manufacture. The building was most likely home to what passed for a craft-mage or more mundane blacksmith or other artisan in these parts. Winston approached the door and gave it a sharp knock. He was a manufactory overseer after all, and knew a thing or two about crafting. Perhaps he could secure a deal of some sort for temporary lodgings.

Winston felt a tightness build up in his throat as he waited for an answer. He was extremely apprehensive about possibly having to spend the night with a Barbarian. However, he fancied death even less, and tried to pay special heed to his own conduct. Tried.

Winston will approach the building with the forge and anvil and knock. He will attempt to broker some sort of deal for lodging, perhaps offering his capabilities as a craft-mage as some sort of payment. I will not personally invoke my drawback here since Winston will try to pay special attention to his conduct because of the severity of his situation. If the GM feels it appropriate to penalize me here I would not be against it, however.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Count of Alisburg-???
The Count sighs, a horrible sound to be sure, and swings the war-hammer. The poor man attacking him is sent flying back as the blunt object slams into him at ramming speed. The Count follows the body and finished up by slamming the hammer down on his chest, killing him if he wasn't dead already. With a groan of metal he walks back to the last remaining man, cowering in fear, and lifts him up by his neck.
"I repeat myself. Where am I and who are you? I will not kill you, indeed if you tell me what I want to know I will reward you."
I'm assuming I can kill the poo poo out of some weak, malnourished guy

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Theodore laid on his back for a long moment, taking in the sheer breadth of the sky above him. The breeze stirred the long grass around him playfully, itching up against his face. In as dignified a manner as was possible given his circumstances, he rose to his feet and retrieved his top hat, carefully dusting it off before returning it to its place atop his head. It appeared that he had somehow managed, in the course of--he consulted his pocket watch--in the course of two hours, he had been transported from a train in the heart of the empire out to a seemingly random spot in the middle of some far-flung savannah. While he was self-evidently an orc of reason, this was simply impossible to achieve through modern science. Even in the most feverish dreams of the seemingly endless stream of inventors who would declare they were on the verge of developing an aeroplane, this could not be done. And yet here he was. Perhaps there was more truth to the recent panic over Xochipili's Curse than he had believed.

In any case, the 'how' and 'why' were inconsequential at this point. Those could wait until he had safely returned himself to civilization. For now, he was woefully under-equipped in the middle of the veldt, and while he was not unfamiliar with such a place, he was not savage tribesman who could comfortably survive out here. No, the sensible thing to do would be to seek out a hunting expedition that he might join them at their camp--such a party would surely be following their mark at this time of day, and the greatest gathering of beasts would surely be at the nearest watering hole. His goal decided, Theodore confidently strode along towards the horizon, occasionally stopping to check some mark and recall what he had learned in his discussions with his expedition's native guide.

I *think* this would fall under And a Scholar [+2], but I suppose big game hunting experience could also be a trait of A True Gentleman [+4]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

The ring was worth more than that, Adamas was sure of it. His soldiers had pillaged the vaults of Grecia of its most valuable riches and he had selected the best for himself. Schooling his temper (Adamas was a stranger in a strange place after all) Adamas decided to negotiate.

"Surely we could do better." Adamas beamed as he now had a baseline for the merchant's tactics. The Princeps would be diplomatic of course and not offend. Adamas removed his other 9 rings as he began negotiations for all of them.

Mortal Quality: Statesman +2. For negotiating the best price for his 10 rings. Perhaps he may impress the merchant, who knows!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 27, 2015

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Kahuna - ???

Rather than follow the creature, Kahuna decided to travel the opposite way, using the sparse trees as markers to follow. From one to another he traveled. His intent was to travel until nightfall, to consult the stars for his position, or until he saw something of interest.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Count of Alisburg- A deserted island

It takes a few minutes for the man to calm down sufficiently to be able to speak. Even then he is still trembling uncontrollably, eyeing the Count like a frightened animal, his eyes almost popping out of his skull. “Th...th...th...this is one of the islands of the Magocracy. We thought it was deserted, we escaped… from the lab. The experiments... I’m so sorry, we didn’t mean to trespass, please have mercy, I’ll do anything, anything, please don’t hurt me.” He blubbers the last part several times, begging for the Count’s mercy.

It’s clear that for the moment, he’s not in a condition to do much more than incoherently beg for forgiveness.

Ya, he’s basically in the middle of a panic attack/breakdown. If the dice hadn’t gone your way he’d be having a heart-attack right now from all the stress, which just still might happen.

Theodore turns out to be navigating these strange lands than he expected. In virtually no time at all he managed to locate the watering hole, and having done so quietly enough that he has still not been noticed by any of the local fauna. Settling in to watch, Theodore notes that most of the beasts are familiar to someone of his scholarly knowledge. He can make out zebras and gazelles taking advantage of the water. What he cannot see is other people. However, in a stroke of luck he stumbles over something that could only be a trail, though he has no way of knowing where it might lead.

Congratulations on rolling the game’s first natural 12.

The Jeweler looks over the other rings, making similar comments about the poorness of the cuts, though he does appreciate a large opal on one of the rings. Having examined all of the rings, he turns to Adamas. “Look, I’d be happy to take all of these off your hands, but they all lack faceted cuts. While that style might have been popular a couple of centuries ago when the tools to cut gems didn’t really exist, it destroys the value of the gem. I would have to recut them and lose maybe a fifth of the gem in the process.”

He looks pensive, “Look, I like you, I’m guessing based on the craftsmanship and the lack of facets that these must be some sort of antique. Tell me their story, something I can use to sell them and I’ll pay you full price. Otherwise, I’ll pay what I offered before for each ring, since I’ll have to get them recut. You don’t lake it, take them to another jeweler in the city and they’ll say the same.”

As far as Adamas can tell the man is being sincere in his offer.

Kahuna - ???

Kahuna travels for several hours. The land is beautiful in its own way, although it's very unlike his homeland. Finally, just before nightfall he runs into an assemblage of hide tents circled around a fire. Though he hasn’t been spotted yet, Kahuna sees several orcs carrying out various tents around the encampment.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The Count of Alisburg-A deserted island

The Count nods slowly, metal fingers still grasped tightly around the man's neck. Finally the armored figure seems to make a decision, turning to stare at the man.
"Yes...I see. Not home then, at least, not Europe. This is fine, I can still do much in a strange land."
The Count's fingers begin to burn bright, streaks of light going to the man.
"You...You shall be my first disciple. By the Flame of Azorath, by Gabriel's sword. I charge thee: take upon the countenance of a lion, let thy fangs grow long and claws sharp. Be longer just a man, but greater than a man. Let your mind become nearer to the animal and let you know me as your savior. Heed me!"
He pours divine energy into the man, shaping flesh and bending bone.
Using Change +2 the Count is going to give this man a form better adept at surviving. Long teeth, streghtned muscles, claws; that kind of stuff. Also making his mind a bit more animalistic and have him be loyal to the Count. Since he is naming occult beings and elder names Esoteric Knowledge[+4] should come into play here.

mcclay fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 22, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells - ???

The sounds of battle were concerning, to say the least, but he was still in a dream right? Well, if it wasn't he was a demon and so maybe it would work out. This was a pretty strange dream so far he thought as he trudged closer.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Kahuna - ???

Strangers though they may be, they were Orc. He walked slowly toward the camp, holding his arms down by his sides with palms outward to signify he held no weapons and meant no strife. "Hello, I am of the Islands. I don't know this land, or how I came to be here."

Using my Calm Demeanor +2 to show I am not here as an aggressor, but as a lost and bewildered dude.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
The Count of Alisburg-A deserted island

The man cries out, screaming as his body burns with the change. Bones creak and grind, muscles swell with newfound power, the scream becomes a growl becomes a roar. He writhes as the transformation finishes its work, claws growing and sharpening, fangs forming from teeth. Finally, after what seems like an eternity it is over. The man stands, a mix of newfound confidence and old terror in his demeanor. Then he looks upon you and relaxes completely, all terror and anxiety fades from his expression and his body language, as though it was impossible for anything to go wrong in your presence.

He cuts an impressive figure, as tall as the Count, he is a wall of muscle, and the Count can make out the blade sharp claws and fangs he now has access too. After a moment, as though realizing where he was at last, the man bows low, prostrating himself.

"Master..." his voice is deep and guttural now, befitting his new form, but the deference in his voice is clear, and as he bows you feel a rush of contentment and power flow through you.

Congratulations on your first worshipper.

David Wells - Ruins of a village

The closer David got to the settlement the louder the sounds of battle became, until he was almost there and they quieted down quickly, with only the occasional clang, however much more screaming.

When he finally made it to the village, he could see that most of the huts were on fire, and there were corpses spread all around, some with weapons, but women and children as well. There are a group of men still standing, wearing a variety of mismatched armor they’re going through the ruins and checking corpses for valuables.

They haven’t noticed you, yet.

Kahuna - Orc encampment

The other orcs turn to face him, they are at once familiar and different. Their clothing is simple, mostly leather and cloth, arranged in a sort of light armor, like something a hunter might wear. When he mentions he’s from the islands, there is a small stir and one of the orcs walks out to him, “Didn’t know there were any orcs on the islands, though I guess I’m not surprised. Must have been one of their experiments that sent you out here. You’re lucky to have gotten away, you’re safe here.”

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells - ???

Why were there dead women and children in his dream? This was pretty messed up and he had never seen anything like this at all.

He called out to the men.

"Hey! Who are you, and what are you doing?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Bo Zhang - ???
Bonus Points: 0

Those chests looked as appealing as any prostitute's chest ever did, but thirty cavalrymen in full armor wasn't something Bo Zhang trifled with. He'd managed to keep the locusts alive as long as they had by not taking dumb risks. And what was with the people manning the carts? Some kind of birth defect? All of this was still like some really hosed up dream. Maybe he should just follow them. Where there were people, there'd be young folk without much hope for the future. He kept an eye on one of the soldiers, trying to get an idea of where he was. Then he felt that... extra sense in him react, and suddenly he felt his stomach feel hollow, and he wanted a... some kind of dish he didn't recognize? What? he blinked, and the feeling was gone. Again he focused on the man, this time deliberately inviting the feeling. And again he could feel the hunger, the looking forward to sinking his teeth in hot, crispy salty meat, chewing it, and letting the warmth go down his belly.

"Weirder and weirder, but... does it work on all of them?" He focused on several of the soldiers. This one wanted to drink heavily, that one just wanted to lay down in a comfortable bed after a hot bath, that one... oh, well, now he knew more about what that guy wanted to do next time he bedded a woman than either one of them would have preferred. Not all of them were as sharp of course. Some had their desires good and muted like good little soldiers, but not all. Idly, Bo Zhang wondered just how much of these guys were tempted with what was in those chests, and which of their desires might be fulfilled with it.

He followed along, trying to take in each of the soldier's in turn. Wouldn't be the first soldiers turning bandit after getting a particularly nice amount of gold to take along with them.

Let's try out our fancy powers. +2 Desire to get an idea of how well these guards have their desires under control. Are they stoic, dutybound badasses, or are most of them hedonists who might just need a.... push.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The Count of Alisburg-A deserted Island
The Count nods and leans upon his war-hammer, pride welling up within the blackness inside his armor as he looks out at his new creation.
"Yes....Good. You, you are the first of my disciples. You came with other men, men who had been twisted by another cruel master. Bring them here and point out the strongest ones to me. I will give you both sibllings and servants to take care of you. Go!"
The former-man, the Count would have to come up with a better name for his kind, bounds off across the island. When he brings back a not strong captive the Count forces him to kneel.
"I am the ruler of these lands, and your savior. I shall grant you solace and protection against those that have harmed you, so long as you serve me and my disciple. What say thee?
When a strong survivor was brought back the Count performs the same ritual as he did on the first, calling upon the same divine energy.

Having BigMcLargehuge bring me his friends. Those that aren't strong are simply told to serve me and the newly create abominations. Due to the Count being a creepy armor man Inscrutable -2 applies. When a survivor pointed out as strong is brought in the Count does the same thing to him as he did to the first guy. Change +2 and Esoteric Knowledge +4 hopefully apply here.

mcclay fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 22, 2015

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Kahuna - Orc encampment

Kahuna raised a brow. "I had always kind of assumed there were others of our kind on the mainland, but there are a great many Orcs on the Ka'ansaas islands. I knew of nothing amiss, before I woke here I was sleeping in my hammock. What experiments do you speak of?" He paused for a moment, then added. "I am Kahuna, thank you for your hospitality."

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Theodore Beauregarde - The Watering Hole

"Absolutely capital," Theodore announced to nobody in particular. "I'll have reached camp almost before I know it." He walked around the perimeter of the pool, careful to keep his shoes as clean as was possible given circumstances, and headed down the path. Really, this was a downright pleasant stroll. He should have taken these more often when he had been on safari. He paused, and turned to look back at the drinking animals, fixing the scene in his memory before continuing onwards. It would make a good illustration if he ever decided to indulge his inner naturalist in the future.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Alright. Now they had wronged him. Narrowing his eyes, he reached for the power he felt welling up within. If they could not behave on their own, he would give them ample reason. He raised a hand towards the sky, looked the advancing men in the eye, and growled "Begone!"

Using Oceans +2 to call forth a wave to crash against these men and drag them into the sea. With some skill, they ought to be able to keep themselves afloat. Aldebaran wants to teach a lesson, not try to kill anyone.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"We have a deal."

Adamas tells the merchant the story of the battle he and his men fought to gain these riches in a far off land as the glory and spoils of victory. He made sure not to embellish it much as he recounted the glorious battle.

---
After collecting his funds Adamas made his first stop to the leatherworker for some footware. Making sure to buy quality, he'd need to make a good impression later, once he knew more of this place.
---

Adamas soon found himself outside several stalls selling maps, books, and other curious items. There were a few buildings as well. Making his way to the most legitimate looking merchant, Adamas gave greetings. "Greetings, I hope the day finds you well. I'd like to see if you possess any knowledgeable texts of this land I find myself visiting, as well as your best maps." The wayward Princeps looked over what was available, then looked back to the merchant for suggestions.

Not looking for an info dump.
Looking for a book about this place and surrounding lands, should include some history and customs, I'm sure it will mention magic and things and what the lay of the land is like.
Also a map or maps.
This should help clear up some things. And help me with my next steps

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 27, 2015

• Locked thread