Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Valhawk posted:

Hey, just for future reference, let me know if you’re giving the golem the Dominion eye. It may be important later.
Oh yeah, they all have those by default unless I explicitly specify otherwise.

Winston Smithers - The wilds around Snowend
BP: 2

Good. Ten would most likely do for now. Winston proceeded to the second part of the plan, one that required his utmost attention. Winston knew that rigid and constant surveillance was key to a stable society and fundamental for Order. And such surveillance would serve him in building them. He would study the Barbarians, and find the weakness in their worldview. And then make that weakness painfully apparent to them.

Winston gathered snow. He would construct a large ball of unmelting ice, and as many lenses of similar material as he could. The lenses would be connected to the orb, allowing divination of sight and sound from their locations.

Winston will use Artifice [+2] to construct an icy divination ball (about bowling ball sized) and the lenses (fairly thin, a couple centimeters in diameter). I will use a bonus point for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Adamas - The Cellar, Farming Village

There was no increased resistance as far as Adamas could determine. With each command there was the shiver at the start, though over the course of the tests that had shrunken from a few seconds to an instant. Then the man obeyed whatever he was ordered, then he gradually returned to full consciousness, though by this time that was beginning to take several minutes.

David Wells - Town Chapel

The priest seems confused, “I’m not sure I understand, my child. You appear alright to me, but if you really think it necessary I am happy to accompany you to some place a bit more quiet. You seem the trustworthy sort.”

Winston focused his power, pouring it into a ball of ice he had constructed. Once that was done, he created a number of smaller lenses, twenty in total, small enough to be carried by the wooden golems and difficult to make out against the snowscape.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
David Wells - Somewhere quiet

He sighed and responded while gesturing to himself. "This? This is some trick I figured out I can do. But you'll see."

Once the priest had lead him somewhere quiet and away from other people watching, he breathed in deeply.

"Okay, please don't be too scared. I promise I won't hurt you."

Then he dropped the illusion.

If there's a roll here I am sure my character's Monstrous Visage [-2] is going to apply.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The priest had followed him outside of town, to a small glade of trees. It was peaceful and quiet, and no one else was anywhere nearby.

When David ended his illusion, the priest cried out, reaching for his holy symbol and interposing it between him and David. “Demon, I rebuke thee! Take thy twisted and wretched form and return to the pits of hell! In the name of the Creator, I rebuke thee! I rebuke thee!”

At this point both David and the priest realized nothing was happening, and after a few more second of angry shouting the priest deflates, and then collapses weeping to the ground. “Please don’t harm me, I’ll do anything you ask, please!” he begs pitifully, and as with the bandit, David feel that tiny tinge of power and pleasure.

Enjoy your bonus point. First 0 of the game.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
BP: 1

Winston twirled the lenses between his fingers, studying them with an appraising eye. Perfect.

The third task would have to wait until nightfall. Until then, he might have time for some tasks. First of all, shelter. Winston would use his magic to construct a small hollow in the snow, big enough to comfortably sit and sleep in. It would have to be magically warm on the inside but not melt, and snow should be piled sufficiently on the outside that it looked like a gentle slope instead of an igloo when viewed from far away. The entrance would point towards the forest.

Winston will use Artifice [+2] to construct said warm snow shelter and make some attempt to disguise it into a natural looking slope or buildup of snow when viewed from the plain.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Bo Zhang - Bandit camp?
BP 2

Now, he might be wrong of course, but these looked like his kind of people. Even if their faces were a bit weird and foreign, but Bo Zhang figured that just meant he clearly was very far away from home. So, should he test his powers on them or just introduce himself and hope for the best? It wasn't like he had anything to steal. Hm, but he didn't know what this power of him would do.

Ah, to the hells with it. It wasn't like men like them, like him, were that rare. And he wanted to know if he was just getting deranged after all this, or if this weird power was real. So he reached out to their minds. Minds that he was a lot more familiar than the stoic, dutybound fortresses of the soldiers. And he found those desires. He knew enough about them that just raising them up would probably lead to bloodshed. No, rather, he was going to give the illusion of their satisfaction. Visions of untold riches, of mountains of food and rivers of wine that were bought with them, illusions real enough to taste, and make them briefly forget about reality. Illusions that would leave that craving that little bit more pronounced when it would end.

Let's try it. +2 Desire Domain to give all these guys some happy time imagining the wildest fulfillment of their desires for a bit, +4 Bandits, because that is what I think these folks are, and I know how they think.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 26, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

David was at first scared he was going to be attacked, then after the exorcism didn't work both confused and frustrated.

"I don't want to hurt you! I don't want to hurt anyone! Not...again. That's why I'm asking for help. I thought...maybe you could exorcise me out of this body or something. But that's not clearly not working. Do you...not believe in your god or something?"

There was that...feeling again. The priest seemed okay but maybe he was actually sinful or something? He was feeling something, and with a priest it should be less about bargaining for his soul surely.

Trying to find out why the priest's exorcism didn't work, and if the priest is secretly sinful or not truly faithful.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Adamas thought and thought. What reward would there be for following him? There should be something. An exchange. "Serving me will make you feel the best you've felt in memory. Being loyal and faithful to me will make you feel the best you have ever felt in your life."

He looked at the man, and thought of something the man could do. "Kneel before me. Your lord and master. Your Princeps, Adamas." This is where he tried single non-specific never ending commands. 'Serve me faithfully, forever, love me, worship me.'

Action #4: Divine Quality: Command +2: Testing on the drunk.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 5, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Theodore Beauregarde - The Watering Hole
BP: 0

Theodore was taken rather aback. True, he had not expected that this individual would immediately warm up to him, but this level of outright hostility was something else entirely. Nothing to offer? How dare he! If Theodore were any less of a gentleman, he would deck this orc right where he stood.

"My... sincerest apologies. You are quite right to have reservations--I do look rather incongruous, after all. But--ah--my manner may be foreign, but do not take that to mean I have nothing to offer. I know a great many things that I am sure would be of use to your camp--botany, for a start--and while I was not a mage before, that does seem to have changed. But still, that is just me making more promises. Instead, let me give you a gift of goodwill."

With some level of reluctance, Theodore pulled out his silver hip flask and offered it to the orc. On some level, he knew that he was giving up what might be the last quality spirits he ever saw, but he felt there was no other choice at this juncture.

"That, my friend, is twenty-year single malt. Drink it very slowly, now, or it will burn, and the whole thing will be wasted. Savor it, and pay particular note to that strong, smoky quality."

Going to use Fire (+2) to imbue the whiskey with a fragment of Theodore's fragment of the Flame to give it a warmth and strength that really sticks with you, in the magical sense (it already has the nonmagical sort).

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 28, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

With a little bit of power and a lot of work from his golems, Winston was able to construct a shelter for his use. It was the golems who dug out the shelter and disguised it as a snow drift. In fact all Winston needed to via magic was to proof the inside against melting, and create a warming device to ensure the inside was comfortable. He now had a base of operations for his plans against Snowend.

Bo Zhang

Zhang reached out with his powers, and as he watched he could see a change come over the bandits, it was as they had all fallen asleep at once. As he projected the illusory fulfillment of their deepest desires onto their minds, some drooled as they feasted on the finest foods, other made little half gestures as they showed off their gold and gems. Then it was over, and they awoke confused and longing. They looked around, a glint of fear in their eyes, for something to overtake them all at once. Not that they disliked the illusions, quite the opposite most expressed a desire to go back, but the unexplained nature left them a bit fearful and on edge.

The man quailed in the face of David’s anger, and manages to blubber out a response, speaking at a million miles a minute. “He abandoned me, I have always been faithful and the Creator left me without defense. Please, spare me, I’ll do anything you ask, I’ll forsake it all, for He has forsaken me. I’ll pledge myself to you, just spare my life.”

It is on those last word that the twinge happens again, as though promising much more.

The man shivers for an instant as the Command permeates his mind, and then nothing. He looks at Adamas as though he were a madman, then looks at his pocket remembering the gold coin. Perhaps hoping there might be more if he plays along, he shrugs and then kneels.

The effect is immediate, as he goes through the motion of kneeling he suddenly shudders in bliss, his eyes rolling up behind his eyelids at the overwhelming sensation. It takes him a moment to recover himself, and then he looks up at Adamas in utter confusion. Almost experimentally he says, “What can I do for you, sir?” Another flash of bliss, though this time he is able to manage it better.

Over the next few hours the drunks is a model servant, as much as he can be in his inebriated state. Instantly obedient and eager to please, he happily fetches a chair from upstairs for Adamas to sit on, and pampers him. Over time Adamas notices a subtle change in the man. As he receives instantaneous and powerful reward for each servile action, he begins to look at you differently. Adamas had seen this before, although not quite so quick, when a man is consistently rewarded for his service it is only naturally that loyalty starts to form. The man pauses for a second when this first happens processing what is happening, then smoothly returns to his role as servant.

When Adamas orders him to describe what he’s feeling, the man explains that when he started feeling loyalty to you, a constant thrum of joy joined the intense bursts of bliss he felt when he was obedient, and that the more loyal he felt the stronger the joy became. It quickly forms a positive feedback loop, loyalty bringing joy which spurs even greater loyalty. After a certain point, something else happens. This time, however it is not only the man. Suddenly Adamas feels a tinge of power and pleasure emanating from the man. As time goes by it grows more and more intense. By the time night falls, the man is utterly in Adamas’ thrall, ready to do anything for his lord, ready to die before even the possibility of betrayal might cross his mind. In turn, Adamas feels a steady stream of intense pleasure and contentment.

Then, hours after dark, the man stops, going through the waking motion though this time it takes nearly half an hour to finish. Recovering he kneels before Adamas, but then a look of horror comes across his face as he feels nothing, and after a long moment the feeling Adamas is receiving to him begins to fade as well. The man is crushed, coming down from the wonderful high of the Command to the soul-crushing low of his broken life. He throws himself at Adamas’ feet, pitifully begging, “Please, give it back. Don’t take it away, I don’t want to go back. It was where I belonged, how I should be. He looks up at Adamas, his eyes welling with tears and wild with craving. “I’ll do anything you ask, I’ll be your most humble and loyal slave forever. Just give it back, let me feel it again!”

The orc carefully takes the bottle, he takes a quick sip and coughs, “You weren’t kidding, this is strong.” He relaxes a bit, but he’s still wary. “Fine, I’ll believe you, on one condition. Give me your word of honor that you will not betray the location of our camp to anyone, even on pain of death. You may talk like an imperial, but you are an orc afterall, and if an orc goes back on his word than what has this world come to.”

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Aldebaran - Coastal Village
Bonus Point(s):

Aldebaran narrowed his eyes. His patience was already at its limit, but drawing steel? No. That would not do at all.

"So be it. What happens now is on your head." Turning away, he strode back towards the water, silently fuming. A monster, hmm? He could play that part. Sinking into the waves, they seemed to take their cue from his mood. The tide grew choppy and violent, great spumes of water beginning to crash onto the beach. The boats strained against their mooring lines as the water level sank and rose. As things grew to a head, it went silent for a moment, Aldebaran's anger reaching a peak. From his vantage he clenched his teeth and swept his arm forward, sending a massive wave hurtling inland to smash this feeble village into kindling.

Vengeful -2, Oceans +2. Let this place be battered into submission.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The Count of Alisburg-Schwarzfort

The Count sighs as he watches the humans continue to be weak as all hell. That would be a problem he would need to fix soon, but first he would need more manpower. Drawing with him a Fenrir the Count walks out to one of the islands more dangerous cliffs, a place where the water boils around sharp rocks. There he carves out a magic circle in the sheer stone. Into it he puts runes of light, brighter than anything smaller than a great bonfire. He points to the sea and motions to the Fenrir.
"You and your brothers shall take turns watching over this point every night. If you see a ship passing by chant from John 1:5 'And the light shines in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.' whilst you stand in the circle. This will cause a great light to appear on the cliff and draw the ship in. Once this is done run back to Schwarzfort and tell me. We will free many from the pirates this way."

Using Esoteric Knowledge +4 to imitate a lighthouse and make ships crash on the rocks so that I can gather recruits from the castaways. Some Shiptrap Island poo poo from the Most Dangerous Game basically

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Then rise servant of Adamas!"

Adamas issues the same command again.

Divine Quality: Command +2

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 5, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Okay this was getting out of hand, but he did need someone to help him out. The priest seemed okay, just having a crisis of faith. Maybe he could use this to his advantage right now, and more importantly stop the poor man before he did something stupid like selling his soul to a demon. Ignorant as that demon was or not. David took a deep breath to calm himself and continued.

"Okay. You seem like a good man, and there were people like you were I came from. You can worship me if you like, I promise I won't hurt you. You can call me David. What's your name?"

Saying his name felt...a little weird that he couldn't remember what he even looked like. But he clung to that memory of his old life along with what was left. Unfortunately his stomach then grumbled and the sound was somewhat more menacing in his new body.

"I...uh...haven't eaten anything in 3 days. Do you have some food? Normal food. Do try bring me sacrificial animals or anything weird please. I'll also try to appear less terrifying for you. Sorry."

Guess David will take him up on his offer. Also he'd like some food, and trying to use Illusion [+2] to look human and not scary again.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

And the waves crashed inward, first it was the fishing boats, they were smashed to splinters against the rocky shore. Then the wave overcame the shores themselves, crashing into the village like a giant fist. There was a cracking of wood and the sound of screams. The water receded carrying broken wood, and a few broken bodies with it. Before Aldebaran can summon another wave, a man stumbles out to the shore. He calls out, as loud as he is able. “We are beaten, we surrender! Please spare us, we’ll make it worth your while, I swear to you.” You feel a twinge of power and pleasure from the village, it is different from what you felt when the people of the previous village gave you gifts and offerings after the miracle you performed for them. It is still a pleasurable feeling but harder edge, with more feelings of power and fewer of contentment.

The circle glows brightly when the Count works his magic into it, and the Fenrir happily take up their post watching for ships, with Lowe arranging the schedule to ensure that there is always one Fenrir on duty. It was a smart choice, as with their superior senses the Fenrir are able to spot ships even you cannot detect.

It does not take long for a ship to fall into your trap. You are in the chapel receiving worship from the humans when Lowe interrupts. A ship was headed towards the light, it would crash on the shore in a matter of minutes.

As the Command flows over the man a second time, his reaction is different than all your previous attempts. There is no shiver, rather the man emits a sigh of surrender and acceptance, and you know with strange certainty the Command will never fade. The man stands anxiously, that anxiety dissipates as the bliss of obedience overcomes him, and suddenly the feeling of pleasure you had earlier experienced from him comes roaring back at full power. Then he kneels again, and humbly proclaims “Master, I am your loyal slave, now and forever. I will never desire to be anything else, for this is where I belong.”

Congratulations on your first worshiper.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you.” You get the feeling that the man would be kissing your feet if he wasn’t so terrified of you. You can see the change in how he looks at you, there is still terror, but there is something else there too, and with it the twinge you felt earlier grows in intensity. A flush of pleasure flows through you, tinged with feelings of power, and you can tell it emanates from the priest.

“My birth name was Gavin, but I gave that up when I entered the priesthood. I was given the name Francis, but that name is empty now, I have cast it away. I will accept whatever name you give me, Lord.”

When he hears David’s stomach rumbles he instinctively shivers in fear, but when he hears all David desires is food, he returns to town, eager to prove his worth. A few hours later, he returns carrying with him a veritable feast. When he sees you again in human form, you are surprised to see disappointment on his features. Regardless, he carefully sets it out before David and then bows deeply, prostrating himself before his new god. “Please, Lord, let me be your priest. I swear I will serve you faithfully all the days of my life.” David feels another surge of pleasure as he receives the priest’s offering to him.

You have your first worshiper, also your first offering, and maybe your first priest.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

The Count raises up a single hand and draws the Fenrir to his side. Slowly they file out of Schwarzfort and across the island. He watches as the ship crashes onto the rocks. With a snap of his fingers the Fenrir descend, tearing into any man who would dare stand against them. The Count follows after, fire bursting from his hammer as he smashes down anyone who would stand against him with the sharp side.

"Hear me! You are now servants to me! I am a God, and you shall prosper under me! Lay down your arms and all shall be well, continue to fight and you will die by my hand. Do not resist!"

Leading the Fenrir to attack the ship once it crashes. Using War-Hammer Use +2 and Esoteric Knowledge +4 to smack down anyone who tries to gently caress with me. Inscrutable -2 probably applies to any attempt to make them surrender willingly

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

This was...This was like nothing he'd felt before. All the triumphs, his conquests, and victories paled before this feeling. It burned within him and off into some infinite place he had not realized was there. A golden brilliance which was so cold it burned in its purity entered him and he knew without question what had happened. He was a god. A spark of potential ignited in the dark. It was a piece of the infinite ether. It was power. Looking down upon his first worshiper, Adamas whispered. "Bring me someone else."

Yahoo! First worshiper. Sending him to bring me another mortal, I didn't finish testing yet.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

David was not nearly so proud as to deny a feast. He ate it ravenously as he worked to dispel the hunger of three days without food. He made some vague acknowledgements of the priest while he ate, and once he was finished anything left over to the priest.

"Choose what name you think suits you." He said finally, without a warning that was what he was going to say. "A name doesn't change who you are, just what people call you. I don't expect you to have a fancy new name or anything just because you're worshiping me."

The idea of it had been strange, but, he could not deny it felt good. At least the man hadn't sold away his soul, he though.

"And don't do that prostrating thing. It's weird, and probably bad for your back. If you really want to serve me, just be do kind things. Look out for your neighbours, help those in need, give to those in need and stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. Don't think that just because I look like a monster that I am going to act like one. Remember that people who murder, who steal, who rape and pillage...they all look like their fellow men and women. Judge people by their actions, not their appearances."

Preaching to the priest a bit and laying down some tenets.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

As he comes upon the beach by the wreck, the Count finds that bringing along weapons was probably unnecessary. As people stream to shore, they are water-logged and coughing. Injured from the wreck and in no condition to fight anyone, much less a giant armored figure and his massive bodyguards. In fact the reaction of the people more closely, approaches confusion and terror than defiance. After about 15 minutes, the trickle of people to shore slows, as those who have not already escaped the wreck sink to watery graves. Soon your priest is on the beach, going from groups to group preaching your word and glory, and beginning to find converts.

By your count there are about 50 people spread out along the shore, and though they are cowed for now, if they had the mind for it they would be able to overwhelm you and your followers via sheer numbers.

Bonus point gained.

The drunk eagerly rushes out, leaving Adamas to realize he does not even know the man’s name.

A short while later, the drunk returns, wobbling a bit, and with a black eye. He is carrying an unconscious man over his shoulder. The drunk places the man before Adamas and kneels silently, awaiting new orders.

Turns out a drunk man is not great at persuasion, he completed his mission anyways.

David quickly devours the entire feast, his larger form requiring more food than he was used to.

Once you speak to him, the priest sits up, a perplexed look on his face. This is clearly not what he was expecting. “Well, I suppose I can just use Gavin for now,” he stutters, not quite sure what to say. He can’t seem to decide what to do next, or how to respond to David’s message, so he sits in silence for a while, staring at David, thinking.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

The Count wanders the beach, looking over each and every man there. Each one has his own way of coping with the sudden wreck, and the Count made note of them. Eventually he stands up on a rock and speaks to the gathered crowd.
"Hear me! For some this place will be solace from the grip of the Magocracy, for others it is an unwelcome prison, unsuitable for men of the sea. I look past all of that, to the infinite knowledge all around us. Any man may become a god, but only by knowing the right things. All that exists can and should be learned, from both foul murder to saintly charity. I will take ten of you and transform you into Fenrir, the monstrous men that escorted me. The rest shall stay human and learn their way to greatness. Together we will shake the very foundations of heaven and make this land our kingdom."

With that the Count walks among the groups, transforming both the defiant and the strong with the same chant and divine spark he had used before.

Transforming ten of the men into Fenrir, using Change +2 and Esoteric Knowledge +4.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

The man was stating to listen. That was a good start, and David badly needed some rational tether to help him out. The felling he got before...he was sure it could be dangerously wonderful. He wasn't a saint.

"Well Gavin. You've told me a little bit about yourself, but I don't know where I am. This might seem a little weird, but I don't even know who this Creator you spoke of is."

He thought about suggesting that maybe he'd been brought here to help him by the Creator, but then maybe the man would stop worshipping him. David might not be wanting to start a cult or demand souls, but Gavin's words had been sweet and he was loathe to give that up even if he didn't care to admit it.

"I have memories of...another place. It could be this world, but I don't think it is. So I want to know about this one. Who is this Creator, do many worship him, are there other gods and goddesses people believe in? Tell me about your village, and those around it..."

Then he remembered that village from before. And the man...

"...there was a village, down the road and off a side path. They were attacked three days ago by bandits. All but one man died and...well I don't know what became of him. But I don't think the bandits will hurt anyone else again. I buried the villagers and did what I could. But I'd like to know what the name of that village was."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Bo Zhang - Bandit camp?
BP 2

Well, unless these bandits all got really sleepy at the same time, at least he wasn't just going loving crazy. Or at the very least crazy enough he was constantly seeing things, in which case, might as well enjoy it. So, when the bandits were all looking around, he stepped out of the shadows, a grin on his face and his hands visible. "Enjoyed my little show, buddies? Just a lil' taste of the good things you might get, if you've got a mind to listen to me. Name's Bo Zhang, and I want to talk with you about a caravan with some huge chests that's been passing by recently. Oh yeah, and a bit more about where the gently caress I am right now."

+4 Bandit, +2 Leader, and +2 Desire all seem to apply here.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"The third stage of the plan shall now be initiated."

Winston called the little wooden golems and ordered them to pick up two spying lenses each. "You shall make way towards the Barbarian settlement of "Snowend", perform a missions I will now specify, and then return here, taking care to not be spotted. You will stay out of visual range and bury yourselves in the snow until nightfall. When the Barbarians have all evacuated indoors, you shall sneak in the village under cover of darkness. You shall plant the lenses in locations that are inconspicuous, but have a good view of public spaces and important looking buildings. Prefer locations near buildings and openings into buildings so that the conversations held within might be listened to. Try to camouflage the lenses and cover your own tracks. Furthermore..."

Winston rattles on to the golems about ideal placement and hiding of spying equipment. One does not live and work as a Dominion manufactory overseer for years without accruing such knowledge.

Once the golems leave, Winston opens one of his parcels with some suspicion. The strange cured meat product, and obviously inferior likeness of Dominion fibreloaf he could deal with. It was the strange alcoholic beverage that made him queasy. It had a strange color instead of being clear like alcohol should, and had an odor he found disagreeable. However, he had to eat. With some apprehension Winston ate his dinner.

Winston will instruct the small wooden golems on the specifics of making an Organized [+6] night sweep of Snowden and hiding the spying lenses in there. He will eat dinner while waiting for them to complete the task.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Good work Mr.?" Adamas realized he didn't know his first worshiper's name. It didn't matter essentially but it would be nice he supposed. Turning his attention to the person he was brought Adamas decided to try commands on them until they didn't "wake up". Something slightly different than with his formerly drunk friend.

Divine Quality: Command +2: Testing on the new one

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Marko Krepostnoy - The Merchant's Rest Inn

Marko found himself unsure of what to do. To accept all this silver... wasn't that capitalism? To place oneself above all the others despite not needing so much? He pondered this over a bottle of vodka, generously donated, and slowly a plan began to form in his mind.

It was a few hours before he stood up again, this time on a hastily erected stage formed out of a few tables against one wall. "Comrades, comrades! Your kind words have touched my heart. No man could hope to turn down such a thunderous encore!" He smiles. "And, yet, to stay in one place, to force all others to come to YOU... this is not my way." He gestured over at the door. "Tonight, I shall purchase a horse, and a sword, from any who would sell them to me. And I shall ride out to the villages around, and to them I shall sing--bringing the song to them, instead!" And the silver from these merchants, he thought.

"Ah, but I will not leave you. I mean to stay here as often as I can, where I have been shown such kindness. And besides, this is for tomorrow. Tonight!" He reached down to a case at his feet; one of the merchants had only been too happy to sell him an accordion, which he picked up and quickly ran through a pace. "Tonight, you shall have your encore!" And he begins to play--the first, a song of love, which slowly picks up its pace into a raucous dance.

Music [+2]. I'm going to run through a few songs here, see if they all have the same spellbinding effect, or if I can get different responses depending on the type of music.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 26, 2015

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Bonus Point(s):

Aldebaran rose from the depths to stand before the man that called him. Crossing his arms he looked past him briefly, gazing imperiously at his handiwork. He wanted to say he was bothered overmuch by the scene. That after his fit of temper had passed, he regretted his rash action. Nothing. Had his bond with the sea granted him the same mercurial nature?

"A sailor respects the ocean because it will kill him otherwise. A hard-earned lesson. Speak, and I will listen. Tempt me again, and I will drown this place for all time."

By Aldebaran's tone the man can gather that insults will avail him nothing, but earnest speech will not result in backlash. This beast of the sea is being incredibly cruel, yes, but is not a complete monster.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

"You have my word, upon my own honor and the Queen's, long may she reign." Theodore nodded, offered a handshake, and then followed the orc... he really should have remembered to ask for a name, now that he thought of it, that was really quite rude of him.... in any case, he followed the orc back to what would hopefully be the camp and not an ambush. He was too preoccupied to think of such things right now, his mind churning as it tried to process all of the strangeness of his surroundings.

By whatever means, he had clearly woken in another world--his new friend's attire spoke clearly to that. More pressingly, though, was the new sensation inside of him. It had started--ignited--when he had attempted to disarm his attacker, a warmth that permeated his entire being, almost like the feeling of pleasant drunkenness, though his head was perfectly clear. He had felt it pass out through his hands when they had set ablaze, and then again when he had handed over the flask, almost as though it were filling the vessel. As he mulled this over he felt the heat concentrate in his hands again, as if responding to his thoughts. No, it was responding to his thoughts. He experimented with it, circulating it throughout his body, then focusing it all onto a single finger, from which erupted a brilliant white flame, which he quickly extinguished.

This would require further attention.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The strong and the defiant are universally a single category, it is the pirates and not the prisoners that the Count remakes into Fenrir, and in a single stroke he transforms those most likely to incite and organize a rebellion against him into a cadre of fanatical enforcers. The others are easy prey for your priest, who is able to use his appearance and charisma to spin your actions into the best light. Soon all the people of the isle are of one mind regarding your divinity, and ready to carry out your orders.

As Gavin started to process what was being told to him, David could feel a change in the sensation coming from the man. It didn’t diminish, but its nature was different, it was becoming less hard-edged and more mellow.

“You’ve never really heard of the Creator, Lord?” Gavin asked, “He supposedly created the universe, and all the people in it, and He looks over us, guiding up and protecting us. He requires us to obey our kings and attempt to look after the poor and the injured, sort of what like you commanded me just now, Lord. He is worshiped by all the men and women in the Empire, and there is a church to him in every major town, and great cathedrals in the cities, with the grandest one being in the capital. However, I have never truly seen Him or felt His power first-hard. I thought I had felt his touch on my heart when I was called to the cloth, but having seen you in your true form I know now that was just my imagination. You are truly divine, I know this, but if you have never even heard of Him, Lord , then perhaps he never really existed?” He seems distracted by this possibility, as though it at once frightened and excited him.

“As to your other questions, the town we are near is called Whiteplain, we are north-west of the regional capital of Wexfold. It is about a two week journey on foot. As to the village you were at previously, I am afraid I do not know of it. There are dozens of such peasant farming villages within a week's travel of the town, and I was only assigned here by the bishop last month.”

Bo Zhang - Bandit camp

The men are startled by Zhang’s sudden appearance, but that simply gives him a chance to speak before they can respond. When he finished they looked at him as though he were a madman. “That caravan, you must be talking about the Imperial gold shipment. That’s the dwarven dukedom’s tribute to the empire. Just like all the nobles pay, only in the case of the dwarves, they pay extra to keep more independence than any of the other nobles. You’d have to a madman to even think about going after it. It’s unstealable. Even if you could somehow fight past 30 of the Empire’s best cavalry and the three dozen elite scouts guarding the caravan, you’d still have to deal with the dwarven sage guarding it.”

“Not to mention that even if you could steal the gold you’d be signing your own death-warrant even trying.” Another pipes up, you realize he’s like the men managing the cart. He’s only about half the size of the others, though for his size, he looks very well muscled, and he supports a thick beard on his face.. “They’ve got some sort of magic, on them, if there’s ever an attempt to steal them the Emperor’s Magi immediately learn the names of the thieves and the names of their relatives. The last group who tried year ago were hunted down in a matter of days, and nailed to the capital’s walls as a warning to the others. Not to mention their families and associates were hunted down to the very last.”

“Of course, there’s enough gold there for a hundred men to live like kings for the rest of their lives. The dwarves magic the trunks so that they’re bigger on the inside than the outside.” Another counters, you can see the greed in his eyes.

“Oh shut up, I always knew you were stupid, but I didn’t think you were that stupid.” The biggest and most menacing looking man present pipes up for the first time. From your experience as a bandit, its fairly obvious this man is this group’s leader. “The shipment is a death-trap, no sane bandit will go near it, and if I ever hear any of you talking about going after it I’ll run you on the spot. If any of you were caught doing something so boneheaded we’d all get a first-hand look at the Empire’s wrath, so get it out of your heads.”

He turns to face you, “Now stranger, I suggest you not talk about that shipment again, or I’ll save you some time and put you out of misery myself. You don’t like it, Starkthaven is only a few days that way.” He points to the north-west. “Now, what I’m really interested is what else you mentioned. How did you pull that little trick earlier?”

The meat had a strong salty flavor, and the ale was also surprisingly delicious, the hard-tack reminded Winston more of the food he was used to, however. As Winston ate, the small wooden golems set about their work. Once darkness fell, they placed the lenses at strategic points throughout the town. In short order, Winston had a rudimentary surveillance network. Of course, he only had coverage outdoors, but that would have to do for the moment. Soon the wooden golems returned, awaiting new orders.

“Smith, Master. My name is Karl Smith. The drunk answers obediently.

When Adamas tried to Command the man Karl had brought in, nothing happened. It appeared that his Command was ineffective on someone who was unconscious or asleep.

Marko Krepostnoy - The Merchant's Rest Inn

Complaints and importations to stay fell silent the minute Marko began to sing. The patrons of the inn are once more enraptured in his song. As he runs through his repertoire it becomes apparent that the type and especially the mood of the music he sings has a huge effect on the people’s reaction. As he played his first song, a love-song which becomes more and more excited and raucous as it went along, he saw smiles and excitement , as it went on and crescendoed, people’s reactions were rapturous. The music was all they could talk or think about, and when they looked at him, Marko could see something in their eyes, something he couldn’t put a finger on. However, what he did notice was the small tinge of pleasure and contentment that accompanied it. In the short interim before the beginning of the next song, people universally clamoured for more, cheering and tossing coins and valuables at Marko’s feet.

The next song he played was slower, a mournful tune about lost love and loneliness. This time, the reaction was markedly different, a sombre silence fell across the room. After a minute, there was not a dry eye in the house, and a few people actually began to weep. When the song was done, there was again applause though it was more muted. Everyone agreed that it was one of the most beautiful things they had ever heard, but there was a lingering depression casting a pall over the room. There were no fewer calls for him to continue, though when someone suggested Marko play a happier song there was a clamor of agreement. This time, he did not notice any feeling emanating from the crowd as he had felt with the happier song.

Since the mood emotion of the music you play tends to have a strong effect on how people respond, from this point forward can you be sure to give a general description of the mood of the song, or the emotions/feelings/other that Marko is trying to evoke.

“Please forgive us.” The man cries out, “We knew not what you were, we are simple folks, easily frightened by things we have never seen before such as yourself. Please, our village has little left, but if you spare them, I will give you my life, to do with as you wish. I will serve you faithfully, or you may kill me if that will repay the insult we gave you. All I ask is that you spare the rest of them, please I beg this small thing of you.”

While Theodore was lost in thought, the orc had lead them back to the camp. As Theodore looked around he could see most of the orcs here were strong and muscular, and all had at least one scar, most many more than one. The buildings themselves were fairly primitive. They were made of wood and hide, and they seemed like they would be simple to assemble and disassemble. He could see distrusting looks from most of the other orcs when he first entered the camp, and a few instinctively reached for blades or spears. However, your guide made a waving gesture and weapons were returned to their sheaths.

The orc looks at him, “You wanted to see our camp, well now here you are,” he gestures around, “home sweet home. So what’re you going to do?”

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Thank you Karl." Irritated, Adamas bade Karl to fetch a pail of water to splash their unconscious guest awake. He then decided to test his commands on a person until they didn't "wake up".

Divine Quality: Command +2: Testing on the new one.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“Yes, Master.” Karl, eagerly goes to fetch and uses it to awaken your new prisoner.

“What the gently caress is wrong with you, Karl?” The man, asked groggily, anger in his voice, but before he can act on that anger Adamas begins to barrage him with Commands. They were simple things, stand up, sit down, spin in place. They were unimportant in and of themselves, what was important was their cumulative effect. With each additional command it took longer and longer for the man to “awaken” at the command’s conclusion. This eventually began to slow the process down, as soon it took 30 minutes to return to consciousness, and then an hour. Soon it was almost morning, and Adamas realized Karl had fallen asleep. He felt exhausted as well, spent somehow, but it had been enough. After his most recent Command, the man had never begun the process of “awakening” at the Command’s conclusion. He simply stood there, unfocused eyes staring straight ahead.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
BP: 2 (corrected)

Hmm. Interesting thought Adamas. Karl had a choice of sorts and was a willing surf/slave. Even if he had no choice it was an illusion of choice and he was happy. This new man however...looked as if he had no will. No agency or choice. Adamas would take a break soon. He could fix this.

"Listen, tell me your name." When the automaton told him Adamas was sure to use the name before giving the command. "I need you to come back to me. Once you do you will feel joy, contentment, and happiness. You will know that in serving me, it will bring you this feeling and more. Know me, love me, and I will not forsake you. You will feel this way always. And when the time is right. When it is time for you to choose, you can do it willingly."

Adamas watched, he would send Karl for food and drink and rest after.

Using Statesman +2 with Command +2 Trying to bring this guy back. See if Karl is a repeatable event. Then resting.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 27, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

"Whiteplain..." David mused, thinking thoughts like that sounds like it is out of a fantasy novel or how European but he didn't bother saying them. It would confuse the man. "Sounds nice enough. We had a similar religion in the lands I came from as well. Some people had different names for him, while some called him the Creator as well actually. There were also a lot of different ideas on what he had said and what one should do to follow him. Big billowy beard, old man, big on the smiting and the judgement. I had never believed in him much myself, after 3000 years the things he had supposedly said were out of date. Plus, there were people who would use the Bible...uh, his holy book I guess you could call it, but they'd use it to justify doing terrible things to people. Or they would shelter people who would commit crimes while being priests. There were a lot of good people that believed in him, but there were a lot of bad people as well." He explained, figuring that Gavin might be able to better relate to him if they had a shared viewpoint. Plus talking like a person might help Gavin out as well. The poor man seemed to be suffering a lot of confusion over his faith.

"Obeying your king is good, but to a point. The thought behind that, I think, is that if you don't follow your leaders then you might not follow their laws either. In my world we no longer had kings, well except for the smallest most backwards countries anyway. Not kings that had true ruling power. We had...I guess you could call them councils of elders? People chose people to lead them who they thought would be able to lead them best. It had its own issues but I think worked better than a mad king or an idiot. Sorry, I'm rambling a bit. What I want to really say, is follow your king, or your leader or elders. But don't follow them if they tell you to do something wrong, or something stupid or foolish. They are just men and women as well, and they can be confused, or sick, or weak and foolish like you and...well me I guess." David was happy to accept the worship for now if he was honest, but, he didn't really consider himself a divine being or anything.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Winston sipped on his ale thoughtfully as he flipped through the lens feeds, unreasonably irritated by the fact that he was actually enjoying the taste of a Barbarian beverage. It was a well known fact within The Dominion that Barbarians were good for nothing, cruel people who caused nothing but suffering and ruin to common people like himself. So how could they make something so tasty? Winston pondered about this for a moment, but quickly let go of any doubt within himself with a shrug. Suppression of doubt and cognitive dissonance was something that was hammered into him very early in his childhood, and Winston was more than happy to conclude that the ale had to have some negative quality to it that he was currently unaware of.

"Golems", he intoned in a tired monotone, "I shall retreat to sleep for the night. Four of the ice golems shall hide themselves nearby and guard me, and wake me when it is morning. The rest of you shall fan out into the woods and comb the local area for objects of interest. Try to gather usable quantities of stone, sand, other basic construction materials or any objects of interest you might come across. Wooden ones shall prioritize exploration, while the icy ones shall prioritize scavenging."

Winston will get his sleep for the night and leave 4 ice golems to hide nearby and guard him. The other golems will perform an Organized [+6] sweep of the nearby woods, the wooden ones prioritizing scouting and the icy ones bringing back useful things.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Bo Zhang - Bandit camp
BP 2

Bo Zhang actually sympathized wiwth the leader. He'd been in his position. Guy looked like he knew what he was doing. Annoying, since Bo Zhang wasn't planning to take orders from another. Of course, at least he had a lot of news here. Looked like the Emperor here actually had a lot of authority. That was a pretty big problem. All the more reason to screw things up a bit and gently caress with his gold supply and maybe cause a war with this Duchy of dwarves? They had a whole duchy with these weird, deformed people? They were pretty rich, clearly. First though, dealing with this group.

"Me?" His mind raced with possibilities. In the end, he decided to go with an adapted version of old Zhang Jiao himself. "I'm a teacher, of a sort. Here to help people along the Way of the Locust. How I got my powers? Let's just say there's more than gold that can be robbed, and more than just people that you can rob. You look like folks that deserve my help and teaching." Keep it vague but intriguing.

Got to say, that's a lot of self control you have there, big guy, resisting a call like that. Thinking of all the things you could buy with that amount of gold, bound to make most people a bit hungry. But I suppose it's better to live on little scraps than to risk it all on a big score, right?"

Going to increase his lust for treasure to 'make unwise decision' levels, because gently caress it, I'm gonna Ocean's Eleven this poo poo. First step, convincing this guy. +2 Desire, +4 bandit, +2 Leader if you feel they can all apply. Leaderi s a maybe, because he's not going straight for taking over this poo poo.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

The parts of the Count that could still be human smiled, or at least made an approximation, as he looked out over the sea of worshipers.
"My children! You are on your first step towards divinity. All men, natural born , can be gods! However they can fail and fall into the seas of ignorance. The children I have changed," he points to the Fenrir and his priest, "Will never fall and rule after death as an angelic host. However they cannot achieve full divinity. Strive towards knowledge to overcome your frail human bodies, that is the way towards full salvation, that is the path of godhood! Now, for more earthly tasks. All of you, break down whats left of the ship that you can grab and bring all the debris to the Schwarzfort, my priest and the Fenrir will show you the way. They shall form your homes, your walls and your places of worship and learning. Go!"

Having the guys drag the wood up near Schwarzfort so that they can start working on houses and the like.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Theodore had been steeling himself for the worst, but the actuality of the camp far outdid his expectations. His party had visited tribal villages when he had gone on safari, and while they were undeniably primitive, there had always been a certain rustic quaintness to them. You would see decorations, here and there, or some Imperial knickknacks that some tribesman had taken as payment for guiding hunters through the savannah. But this... they were barbarians, there was no other word for it. Their dwellings, their outfits were all purely utilitarian, without the slightest hint of culture. There was evidence of trading with some civilization, they couldn't possibly have forged those blades themselves. But once again, that was the barest possible level of subsistence.

He could already imagine what life would be like. Day in and day out, trying to hunt lions with a dagger, charring the meat over an open flame, and then sleeping on the dirt under a stinking hide every night. And then the next day he would pack it all up and repeat the process. It was no surprise that these... these brutes were all covered with scars, living a life such as this. He felt the fire rise up within him, no longer warm and friendly but so hot that it almost felt cold. He could end it, he knew. He could wipe this entire blighted camp from the face of the earth and be done with it. His right hand rose of its own accord, power surging into it, more power than he had held before. It ached to be set loose, to consume and to purify.

"No. This won't do. This won't do at all."

At the last moment, he flung his arm to the side, pointing outside of the camp, and a large patch of tall savannah grass vanished with a white flash and a billowing wall of heat, leaving only scorched-black earth behind. Still the Flame pushed at him, a pressure behind his eyes, begging for freedom--he could not hold on to this much for long. Cautiously he vented it outwards, a massive pillar of brilliant fire rising up in the middle of the new clearing. Slowly it began to cool and darken to a dull red glow, smoke rising within and mixing with the fire in some places, while in other places the fire extinguished entirely. Theodore let out a single, superheated gasp of exhaustion. Whatever it was he had just done, it was complete. The surface of the tower billowed and roiled, but still seemed--he walked up and touched it carefully--no, it was solid. He waved aside the curtain of smoke that blocked the doorway, and looked inside. It was barren within, perhaps a touch warmer than was entirely pleasant, and there was a sense that is was not yet entirely stable, but it was a great deal better than sleeping under an animal hide.

"There. A good start."

Genteel [-2] for a not-fantastic first impression, which is hopefully somewhat offset by my sweet new Fire [+2] house.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 28, 2015

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Bonus Point(s):

Was this what he was now? Some sort of god or demon to be placated?

"You offer your life? Fine. I accept it, and return it to you. I've no interest in servants or slaves, only that I be shown respect."

Looking over his shoulder, he surveyed the wreckage he had caused. Still, he felt nothing. He'd always been a hard man to like, and it was part of why he'd remained unmarried even as his thirtieth year loomed ahead of him. Yet he'd never been this stone-hearted. All he did feel that was that it was in his purview to do this, and so he had. Nothing more.

So be it.

"Gather your dead and perform your rites. I'll not interfere. Your people will be spared."

Aldebaran watched impassively as the folk meekly made their way to the shallows and retrieved those his wrath had ended. As they left, he turned back to the spokesman. "Tell those you meet. Aldebaran requires only hospitality as he comes and goes. Those that rightly fear the ocean and those who come from it, and show their deference will have my blessing. As such, gather your people tomorrow eve on these shores. The tide will grant some small measure of comfort."

With that, he fixed the man with a final lingering stare, than retreated back into the water. South, again.

Oceans +2. Aldebaran will command the currents to dredge up a vast assemblage of pearl oysters the following evening. It won't bring back the dead or repair the damage, but some solace might be found with the wealth they can garner.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“Armas Miller” the man answers automatically to Adamas’ question. When Adamas attempts to use a Command on him, nothing happens. It would appear that once you ground someone’s willpower to nothing via overuse of your Commands nothing could bring them back.

By this time the sun had come up, showing through the cracks in the cellar’s door. Adamas is about to rest when he hears a harsh knock on the cellar door. “Sir, are you in there?” Adamas recognizes the village elder’s voice. “I need to speak with you at once, something’s happened.”

Adamas is currently exhausted from staying up all night, and drained from issuing dozens upon dozens of Commands. Until he gets a chance to rest you’ll suffer a -2 penalty to all divine actions.

Gavin clearly doesn’t understand what David is talking about, or perhaps he simply doesn’t want to. He’s lost one god today, and losing another just might be too much for him. He smiles, and seems to be paying attention, but you can tell he’s tuning most of what you’re saying out.

When you switch gears to a more god-like topic, teachings on government, he reengages. “Is this how you believe the world should be run?” He asks hesitantly. It sounds as though he might have some reservations about your description of democracy, but he wants to know if it your official teaching.

While Winston slept, the golems worked. When he awoke, he found that they had accomplished little of interest. There had been little travel on the roads for the wooden golems to notice, and there was little beyond trees, snow, and wildlife outside of the town. The Ice Golems also return empty handed, for there was no stone or sand for them to harvest. It would appear that if Winston wanted stone or metal he would need to set up a mine himself.

Bo Zhang - Bandit camp

The man nearly salivates at the prospect of all that gold, but then sense or at least self-preservation intervenes. “I told you, it’s suicide. Even if you get the gold, and you could avoid the Emperor’s Magi, which no man over the millennia of the Empire’s history has been able to do, the gold would be worthless. No fence will touch it, no smith will melt it down, it’ll be just so much worthless metal. They know that if they’re even suspected of seeing it and don’t immediately report you their lives and the lives of their family are forfeit.”

“Look, things are pretty good out here, the Empire mostly leaves it up to the nobles to police their lands, and they’re too cheap to do it well for the most part. Last thing we need is imperial attention. You’ve got guts, I’ll give you that, and I’m happy to learn your Way, but you keep trying to get us killed and I’ll send you to an early grave.”

Ya, you rolled high, but your power is going to have a really hard time getting people to do something they believe in their heart of hearts is suicidal(at least directly). You can convince them to do something unwise or risky, but as far as their concerned attacking that particular convoy is certain death(they are basically correct on this point). If you could convince them otherwise you might get somewhere, but they’ll need to actually believe they can get away with it. You might want to think of this particular convoy as a long-term goal, as the reward is basically unlimited money.

Your followers accept your teaching, however the wood from the ship is beyond their grasp. Having foundered on the rocks beyond the shore, gathering the wood would require them to swim out to the wreckage of the ship, pry apart the wreckage, and then carry it back all while contending with the tides and currents. A few particularly brazen souls attempt to follow your order, and for the most part their recklessness is rewarded with death. One is swept out to sea by the current, another dashed against the rocks by a strong wave, two drown in the confines of the ship. Of the five who swam out, only one returns, though he has nothing to show for his efforts. Considering what happened to the others, he is all too aware that his life was his prize.

The Fenrir stay out of the water for the most part. The one who does quickly sinks and barely manages to struggle back to shore. It turns out that the Fenrir’s bulk and animal instinct while making them excellent hunters and killers leaves them poorly adapted for swimming in any meaningful sense.

The tribal orcs are startled into silence by your demonstration, even when your tower burns away into ash as quickly as it appeared.

After a few minutes of quiet consideration, the orc you’ve been speaking to approaches you once more. “The tribe is willing to recognize your power, but my earlier question still stands. Why are you here?” His tone is more respectful than before, and there is no longer a mocking edge to his question, he is genuinely interested.

Enjoy your bonus-point. Also, just as an FYI, large structures made of non-mundane materials are at the very upper end of your power-range right now. You would’ve needed to hit a 12 on that roll to make it work since you invoked your drawback, and you rolled more in the 4 range.

Regardless, it’s an interesting idea, so the tribe is duly impressed.

“Thank you for your mercy, lord.” The spokesman sighs quietly in relief when you choose to spare him. “We’ll be sure to tell all whom we encounter of your requirements.” You are left with the distinct feeling that the villagers are not sad to see you go, though they try their best to hide it. Though they know not the gift you have bestowed upon them, you can feel the subtle shift in the tides that will bring in the oysters.

As you continue onward night begins to fall, and your stomach rumbles. You realize you’ve covered tremendous ground in your travel from the village you had initially washed up at. Far more than even a fully rigged galley with favorable winds by your guess. However, despite your inhuman speed and your ability to breathe underwater, you still feel hunger and need to sleep.

Aldebaran has traveled a great deal. However, if you don’t get some rest and something to eat, you’ll start to incur a penalty on your rolls.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

"In my world, we didn't have magic or a god that did real miracles. Removing the king would cause confusion and chaos, which would hurt people and cause needless deaths. So I'm not going to do that. If we can meet the king, maybe we can teach him to make sure he and his descendants do the right things, and make good kings. People feel better when they know someone good is leading them, it lets them focus on what they need to do." David had felt more comfortable when he knew his manager had his back and was good at her job. When she'd been replaced by a middle aged guy who was just interested in the numbers, it had really dropped morale.

"Right now, I want to help you and this village. I'm pretty strong, but people are going to get scared if I do things during the day. But, maybe I can help out at night. Move some fallen trees or rocks, things like that. Also...I can curse people. So if you know of any people that have done wicked things, or small sins, I can curse them to turn them away from that and back to doing the right thing." Do you know an abandoned house or farm building nearby I could use to hide and sleep in? I can appear like another person, but I can't do it while I sleep and I can't do it for a whole day." He asked, trying to steer things back to a more relate-able and less confronting idea. The poor man was clearly confused and lost and wanted to believe David was something divine. If he wasn't going to get exorcised any time soon, then he might as well make the most of it while he was here.

Besides, if he had some more people worship him, it might feel pretty good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Bonus Point(s):

Aldebaran slowed, finally paying heed to his rumbling gut. As hard as he was his body could not go indefinitely. How he had gone as far for as long as he had without realizing it? A minor curiosity compared to everything else, but it somehow hit the hardest. Hunger and exhaustion were things he was intimately familiar with. He supposed he could simply bring himself food - perhaps even command it to remain docile in the face of death. Yet that seemed...wrong. Offensive even. He could feed a village if he so chose because that was a gift he granted. For personal nourishment, a man should have to work for it.

Pulling himself further away from land he floated, and considered. The fish he had seen were a bit off from what he was accustomed too. More fins, or fewer. Scales of foreign patterns. It occurred to him that caution might be warranted; toxins or the like could kill even the stoutest man. At the continued urging of his appetite he discarded those worries. His last meal had not harmed him after all. So. If the ocean denizens he had seen were more or less like those he was familiar with, sharks (or something very like a shark) should also exist in these waters. While many of his people found shark-meat rather distasteful, Aldebaran himself had always been partial to it. It was a blunt kind of food from a blunt kind of animal for a blunt kind of man.

Raking his palm across one of his teeth, he let the blood cloud and dissipate around him. He silently willed the appetites of nearby predators to awaken - but slowly, and cautiously. It was one thing to pay respect to nature and fight for your meal. It was another to be torn to pieces by a pack of steely-eyed apex predators through his own carelessness and arrogance.

Aldebaran is A Small Mountain +2. He is confident he can exhaust his prey before delivering a killing blow with his own vicious teeth, while evading his prey's attacks. His command of the Oceans +2 will bring his meal, as well as witnesses to his victory. While not religious per se, Aldebaran does adhere to a vague sort of animism. He views this is a kind of ritual, a method to solidify his rights as a master of this domain in what awareness sharks can even be considered to have.

Should this prove successful and he isn't crippled by wounds, he will feast, then slumber beneath the waves.

• Locked thread