Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we all should play games together and you should like, teach me tabletop games

i know how to play like netrunner, boss monster, exploding kittens, etc but i want to learn more games

who wants to play games in tabletop simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I bought this game when it was on sale on Steam and then I remembered I don't have any friends

so it gathers dust just like all the real board games in my house

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

i'll keep flipping the table long after it stopped being funny for you

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
That time you realize vassal is better if you actually want to play somthing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I keep wanting to play something, and then I realize that even if a bunch of my friends had this game, they'd still all have to learn the controls. :negative:

That being said, I'm up for checking it out any night after 7 EST.

Modi1024
Nov 15, 2012
Eonwe are there miniatures games for it? (40k, Necromunda, Confrontation)?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Modi1024 posted:

Eonwe are there miniatures games for it? (40k, Necromunda, Confrontation)?

Yes there are

I watched some dudes play a full 40k match

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

How many board game companies have issued takedown notices for mods that are ripping off their games?

I have to be honest, if a lot of them got on board with developing their own add-ons and sold them for $1-$5, I'd be all over that :allears: Especially if, just like in real life, only one person needed to own it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

we all should play games together and you should like, teach me tabletop games

i know how to play like netrunner, boss monster, exploding kittens, etc but i want to learn more games

who wants to play games in tabletop simulator
A bunch of TG goons use Tabletop Sim, you could ask in the chat thread over there as well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

A bunch of TG goons use Tabletop Sim, you could ask in the chat thread over there as well.

oh poo poo i didnt even think of TG

good call

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How many board game companies have issued takedown notices for mods that are ripping off their games?

I have to be honest, if a lot of them got on board with developing their own add-ons and sold them for $1-$5, I'd be all over that :allears: Especially if, just like in real life, only one person needed to own it.

A lot of the wargame companies(cardboard, not that gay miniature poo poo) let VASSAL modules be made, in fact they ask people to make them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

it doesn't really happen at this point, though I'm not sure why

maybe they actually understand that if people play and like a game on TT Sim they are more likely to buy the physical version

happened with me with two games so far now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
What do you, like, want to play, and when? You might be better off asking in Traditional Games for a pickup or coming into IRC to the various channels there if you want to play some games of various kinds.

• Locked thread