Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fleve posted:

Yeah I actually played the two Dead Island games a few weeks ago while testing them as potential LP games, which is when I decided that they'd make poo poo LP's, or at least not something I'm good at. Probably best played with a bunch of friends, but...that's not necessarily making the game any better. Cause goddamn is the dialogue hot garbage, especially when it's among the group of playable survivors. Murdering zombies was fun at least, if not a bit of a grind sometimes.

I'm actually playing Dead Island right now with a group of 4 and yeah ... I would not want to play this game solo and I agree they'd be tough to LP - exactly for the reasons you listed. At least in a group the plot is irrelevant, you just run around hitting things with wrenches and telling bad jokes.

Also it's pretty fun to watch someone hit rage mode and just obliterate a thug or whatever. Fun to do it, too, but this way I get to see it happen far more often!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

You know, it's been bothering me for eight videos, but he loads the rifle wrong and :mad:

On the other hand, I loved every single thing that happened with the steamboat sequence.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RealSovietBear posted:

Reloading explained.

Yeah, that's more or less how I've been explaining it to myself, complaint aside. It works pretty well.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

There are a couple character and level connections but it's fairly limited, yeah.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

anilEhilated posted:

But as long as you aim high, it's like carrying a gatling gun in your pocket.

Silas does seem to run into an awful lot of those for some reason :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Fleve posted:

I’m not sure how blowing poo poo up is going to make robbing things easier, but let’s just shoot everyone before we can find out.

Blow up bridge, derail train, steal everything.

It seems fitting with the character of Kid Curry as shown in the game, at least?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

After the latest video I wanted to go back to this post. :golfclap:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ahahahaha

This is a real gameplay:story moment. Fleve racks up a x66 multiplier killing everyone and then Silas ...does what he does. But I really like what happened when Ben pulled him out of his state there.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 7, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

anilEhilated posted:

And here we go. If you're reading this post and haven't watch the video, go watch the goddamn video. Really.

Yeah, it's really good. I've been liking this game for a while, and I really like how they ended it. Thanks, Fleve!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The way I read the Redemption ending was that Silas has been questioning himself this entire time even as he tells this story - so he realized after recounting everything he's done to get to this point, it's not going to do a drat bit of good.

I guess particularly I don't think he needed to say anything about Ben not being worth it anymore - the whole game just told you he's not. And of course if you go for Revenge, the whole game just told you he was - Silas doesn't need to say anything. The player says it by choosing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dead Island is a fantastic game to play with friends, because then you get 3 witnesses to killing yourself by kicking a beachball.

Dead Island is a bad game in any other circumstances though. That Arena DLC made me hate myself.

• Locked thread