Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got a pstv from best buy yesterday but it was broken so i had to return it and order one from the website. sigma 2+ doesnt work on it though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i got a pstv from best buy yesterday but it was broken so i had to return it and order one from the website. sigma 2+ doesnt work on it though...

There was a hack someone discovered that let you get around the PSTV whitelist but idk if they fixed it. It involved you emailing a text list to yourself of a new whitelist with every game listed as playable and if you opened it in the email app the system just assumed it was real as long as you didn't open the store app and update it, lol.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hahaha

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

There was a hack someone discovered that let you get around the PSTV whitelist but idk if they fixed it. It involved you emailing a text list to yourself of a new whitelist with every game listed as playable and if you opened it in the email app the system just assumed it was real as long as you didn't open the store app and update it, lol.

wait certain games dont work just because its blocking it or something?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

no wonder this piece of poo poo is 20 dollars

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I love my vita but if you pay more than $150 for the system and the memory card together you're making a mistake I think.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SM64Guy posted:

it has a whitelist of games built in so you dont try to open a game based 100% around the touchscreen

but no one cares about the vita or pstv so they dont add their games to the list

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Especially if you buy that new slim Vita which is apparently inferior in just about every aspect except maybe size.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the store also makes no indication about games work or not, so you could buy a game and download it, only to be told when going to play it that its not supported

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

Yeah, the idea is that they wanted publishers to opt in case by case so touch screen dependent games wouldn't be purchasable on a PSTV, which makes sense. But most publishers just don't give a poo poo which is why perfectly playable stuff like Ys still isn't supported

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think ys actually was fixed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think ys actually was fixed

Oh nice.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

could you use a ps4 controller's touchpad to simulate the touchscreen at all?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the pstv launched without support for ps4 controllers so if you dont have a ps3 controller theres a possibility you could buy one and get one with old firmware and be unable to navigate the menus to update it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

the pstv launched without support for ps4 controllers so if you dont have a ps3 controller theres a possibility you could buy one and get one with old firmware and be unable to navigate the menus to update it

my ps4 controlelr was working fine in the menus, unfortunately it kept giving me errors adn shutting itself off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently there's a guy working on a program that will let you do PS4 remote play on a PC so I can just sit in bed on my laptop instead of buying a Vita

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Apparently there's a guy working on a program that will let you do PS4 remote play on a PC so I can just sit in bed on my laptop instead of buying a Vita
He's charging $10 for it but it comes out this Wednesday

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i imagine sony would rather kill remote play than allow that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

The 10 dollar fee is to keep the idiots out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The 10 dollar fee is to keep the idiots out.
*Staring at my own reflection in the turned off monitor, a single tear rolling down my cheek*

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

lol no way that'll last

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol i just remembered i used to stream movies from my PC to my PS3 with some program. *uses DualShock3 to pause The Big Lebowski*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

What the hell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

What the hell
http://tmacdev.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMExOyFkeNU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's weird that he hasn't died in a tragic, yet mysterious car crash yet.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's impressive but there's no way Sony doesn't try to shut him down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's why I'm going to immediately download it and hoard the installer for all time once it's released

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's weird that he hasn't died in a tragic, yet mysterious car crash yet.

three was a guy on reddit working on an android app that would emulate amiibos so you could just load a pikachu on your phone and your phone nfc would look like a pikachu to your wii u. after a few updates he said sorry, deleted a bunch of posts, and closed his account

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm tempted to do the same, even though my current PC setup is in the same room as my TV.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm tempted to do the same, even though my current PC setup is in the same room as my TV.

its basically pointless for me since i have a big tv to the right of my computer and a laptop on my nightstand for bedtime

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a MBP but I'm tempted to bootcamp Windows on it just for that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

That's why I'm going to immediately download it and hoard the installer for all time once it's released

I'd be worried that sony would just update the software on the ps4 to just deny this from working.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

frank.club posted:

I'd be worried that sony would just update the software on the ps4 to just deny this from working.
Me the moment this happens

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They're going to use an algorithm to figure out who's using the program and permaban them all from PSN.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They're going to use an algorithm to figure out who's using the program and permaban them all from PSN.
Sony must be stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

• Locked thread