Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Once again when everyone awakens, one of you has gone missing. There is a pile of ash on the ground, and when you search you are unable to find Gwynplaine.

Gwynplaine, town-aligned Adventurer of Lugonu was reduced to ashes on Night 2.

There are still traitors among you.

Day 3 begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): AnonymousNarcotics, busb, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, imgay, Someone Awful!, spacing in vienna, Venom Soag

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 14th, 2015 at noon EST -- that's in about 3 days, 17 hours.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
BOOOOOO you suck scum

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

*takes gwyns ashes and smears them on face*

you are a diamond

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Rip gwyn.

What are the chances that Anarc was scum with mmt? I'm kinda feeling it given mmts post of helplessness yesterday

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

busb posted:

Rip gwyn.

What are the chances that Anarc was scum with mmt? I'm kinda feeling it given mmts post of helplessness yesterday

yay thinkihn anarc because mmt flails looked like a crap attempt at distsncigb BUT i think uour scum too soooo

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No u r m80

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm not scum! I said I'd try harder today and I will. I promise to do a reread

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yah when MMT was on the block they really wanted us to think they wanted you lynchef

you a scum

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Try again soag I don't beet your point. Too many theys.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

MMT goin down gonna flip scum looks like he wants Narc gone so Barc looks town upon flup

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

not surprised gwyn got iced, but disappointed.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote ANarc

The first person I went to reread was ANarc because I felt like I didn't have a sense of where she's coming from. I realize why that is - other than saying that Soag's reasoning for vigging Leatherman was either bad/wrong, she hasn't proposed any solid votes or opinions this game.

At this point in time my preferred votes would be for people who seem both scummy and lurky to me - ANarc and CPig. I understand lurking but they specifically seem to be avoiding being caught with an opinion.

mmt throws out a weak weak case on anarc under pressure nearish deadline, however, every case mmt made was just about as tissue-thin as this. it could've been an attempt to make anarc look townier; it could've just been mmt continuing a history of poo poo cases

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Oh ok. I still think the best point is mmt going 'uh I have to case Anarc basically the only choice here' and being super reluctant.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'd like to know who anarc, cpig and imgay think are scum and why

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote Anarc

Anarc I await your post when you can~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Someone Awful! posted:

You will get 1 of those 3.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Btw gwyn scum pics are anarc and someone awful

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

You will get 1 of those 3.

i assumed as much :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Also slackerbitch i would like to hear yet thoughts

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Someone Awful! posted:

I think anarc is scum because of all that stuff with MMT, I could totally see it being a bus.

I think also that busb is scum because he's a poop.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
my laptop is taking forever to reboot. this will be choppy because it's on my phone, and auto correct keeps trying to mess up my pr.

there are several things that bother me about the lynch and how it went down.

a. mmt being resigned to the lynch and saying it was either him or anarc, sigh. if it's gonna be me or someone else, i will kick and scream to make sure it's that person, especially if i'm town, since in that case i know i'm town but only can guess the other person is town as well. if i'm scum against a townie i fight even harder. giving up makes me think both were scum, and anarc has the more useful night power.

btw everyone, i thought i was super clever spotting this buuuuuut busb beat me to the punch. but seriously, why didn't scum push harder for anarc? they were tied for vote leader when i voted. it would have been possible to push the lynch. the only other explanation i can come up with (other than "anarc scum" i mean) would be scum not wanting to out themselves over trying to save mmt. or possibly not being around at all. effing lurkers.

b. we almost no-lynched, with that many people in-thread. two of the votes on mmt (self and someone awful iirc? on phone can't check) offered to jump to anarc to ensure somebody, anybody, got lynched. but.

none of the votes on anarc (mmt, busb, cpig) offered to switch to mmt. mmt is understandable, and cpig was awol again. busb, you were in thread, why not switch and hammer to prevent no lynching? we literally got down to the last two minutes.

two people didn't vote at all - hal and chic. hal said he was torn between mmt and anarc, and chic said the cases on mmt were compelling, yet neither dropped a vote. and, again, we came within minutes of not lynching the scum godfather. hal, chic, please explain why you were in thread before deadline but didn't vote at all.

c. busb i am tempted to ask you a question but it might come off as role fishy, so it's going to wait. i know i called you out earlier and i do want an answer to that, but i'm also less suspicious of you than i was yesterday, for vague cryptic reasons.

d. anarc's hammer was reluctant and weak. screamed of a last second attempt to seem townie.

gently caress there was more i wanted to say but i need to go read again.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Sorry what do you want an answer to from me? I don't remember missing anything.

As for the hammer I worked a 18 hour day yesterday and I was posting until I got called away to fix something urgently. Then I got a banh mi as it was like 1:15 and the deadline had passed.

As I said previously I liked your case but I had a better gut feeling on Anarc. Turns out you were right! But I might also be right still~

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Remaining scum: anarc, Busb, someone awful

gg

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gwyn, I'm gonna pour one out for you

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

Sorry what do you want an answer to from me? I don't remember missing anything.

As for the hammer I worked a 18 hour day yesterday and I was posting until I got called away to fix something urgently. Then I got a banh mi as it was like 1:15 and the deadline had passed.

As I said previously I liked your case but I had a better gut feeling on Anarc. Turns out you were right! But I might also be right still~

sorry i meant the why didn't you hammer, thing, as what i wanted an answer to. you were around to prompt gwyn to vote, but that was when we were at -2 / -3 respectively, so i can see not switching the vote there -- gwyn could have shifted momentum to anarc.

it's plausible that rl beckoned, and it's also plausible that we've both got well-tuned scumdar. oddly enough i started second-guessing my own case right before mmt gave up completely. still cannot grasp why he didn't fight harder.

busb, what do you think of hal and chic not voting yesterday?

i'm not so naive to think there couldn't be scum on mmt's lynch, but since we danced so close to not lynching, i can also imagine scum holding off, and people being in thread but not voting / not moving votes jump out at me.

cpig can you contribute something useful / meaningful? what's your case on busb?

Venom Soag posted:

Btw gwyn scum pics are anarc and someone awful

venom i'm p sure this is communicating with the dead, which is hugely verboten. (which sucks because i wanted to ask about it.)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

how's the reread going?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
also, cpig, you were around about an hour before lynch, and then went awol just when we needed every vote possible. want to comment on that?

last question. i do not know this canon. is the icy rune of zot going to help town or anything?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

spacing in vienna posted:

venom i'm p sure this is communicating with the dead, which is hugely verboten. (which sucks because i wanted to ask about it.)

nah i know the rules nothign dodgy going on

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Gwyns claimed he would become masons for the night in the abyss, so soag probably hasn't broken any rules.

I have naught more to say about the hammer. I would have if I could, up to you if you believe or not.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

Remaining scum: anarc, Busb, someone awful

gg

do you believe that i would have bussed mmt that hard if i were scum or something :psyduck:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Soagis playing via the seat of his pants. Unfortunately said pants are arseless chaps.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

also, cpig, you were around about an hour before lynch, and then went awol just when we needed every vote possible. want to comment on that?

last question. i do not know this canon. is the icy rune of zot going to help town or anything?

I was busy keepin it gangsta

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Soag posted:

nah i know the rules nothign dodgy going on

ok cool. sorry, just being super cautious. in that case, i'm curious -- gwyn wasn't suspicious of me any more? i was his major pick yesterday.

busb posted:

Gwyns claimed he would become masons for the night in the abyss, so soag probably hasn't broken any rules.

i'm dim, and i thought the "talk to them" deal was just flavor or whatevs. temp masons makes more sense.

cpig can you contribute something useful / meaningful?

CapitalistPig posted:

I was busy keepin it gangsta

so, that's a no, then.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ok cool. sorry, just being super cautious. in that case, i'm curious -- gwyn wasn't suspicious of me any more? i was his major pick yesterday.

i'm dim, and i thought the "talk to them" deal was just flavor or whatevs. temp masons makes more sense.

so, that's a no, then.

But i already said who i think scum is.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
:ghost: 144.75 :ghost:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

But i already said who i think scum is.

you said busb was scum for being a poop.

that is not a meaningful contribution.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Someone Awful! posted:

do you believe that i would have bussed mmt that hard if i were scum or something :psyduck:

yep

oh no he was dead suss on you too

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

you said busb was scum for being a poop.

that is not a meaningful contribution.

Completely ignoring the other one ?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

how's the reread going?

I may have accidentally watched 4 episodes of Homeland instead (no spoilers, I'm still a season behind)

I know, I'm the worst.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I have a guess as to why you'd suspect me but all I can say is you're on the wrong track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
S C U M H U N T E R alert!

• Locked thread