Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

can i worship chokowaru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I have no idea how mafia works.

I'm in.

the duvessa to my dowan~

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

guys, extended is really boring

f the pan lords, I'm just gonna get the orb and jet

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

A player has devoted themselves to Xom.

show yourself, servant of chaos

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

I am hugely upset that RuPaul is not an option. If I can't be a drag queen, then which deity should I serve if I want to be a ginormous slut?

no gozag either, what the hell kind of shenanigans is this god list

saaaaaaaam :argh:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

would gozag let me be a huge skank? i'm currently in the market for a skank-oriented deity

Gozag is the god of holla holla get dolla so I think he'd approve

or ely, the god of love and peace and poo poo but that's for hippies. nobody worships ely even though she has a friendly quokka at her altar

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

don't drink unidentified potions, siv

they might be mutation and then your body will fall apart and it will take you 10 turns to read this thread scrolls :ohdear:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I think you will find that you should always drink the purple.

dick dorkins needs to eat the purple so he can rapidly evolve out of this thread ayyyy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Do I need to know anything about this game to play?

if it's anything like actual crawl, we'll all die before lair anyway

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

I have the utmost respect for all people, but seriously, if you worship a fairy being called 'Vehumet' then you deserve all the bad things that will ever happen to you.
Let's start stringing up dudettes and dudes alraedy.

At least Vehumet is spellable, how do you worship a god you can't pronounce like Kikubaaqudgha

also jiyva isn't on this list, boycott ssv

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

nemelex's choice

is that like sophie's choice, or

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

or... what?

Are you threatening the great human adventurer, dick dawkins??????????????

your disbelief will only lead you to ruin, my child

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Also can someone tell me how to eat my rat meat? It rotted before I could and the game keeps telling me I'm hungry

You can only eat chunks (stuff you butchered from a creature) when you're Hungry or lower, and they rot away eventually. So just kill another thing and butcher it if it drops a corpse. Some corpses are inedible for reasons though, kobolds are an early example.

There's also permanent food like fruit and bread/meat rations that doesn't rot, you can eat those whenever

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i play webtiles on cbro a lot, does anyone else play crawl online? i like spectating people

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

lucy in the skyyyy with diamonds

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I cannot lie, I still haven't escaped with the orb but I haven't played in a few versions so I guess I should fire it up again

just be sure to play .17 and not trunk, they've made a bunch of hellaciously bad changes rn

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

there can be no victory for servants of chaos :(

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

my god is an awesome god, he reigns from heaven above

hi thread

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

who the gently caress is a dwarf god only orcs have their own god

PS orcs are trash

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SUCH AN IRREFUTABLE DISPLAY OF CHAOS MUST BE PUNISHED

##vote meds

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

this vote is trying too hard to be unnoticed. this one does not look kindly upon it.

preying on a joke vote by a newbie is quite uncharitable

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

do not doubt the power of xom; beware instead his capriciousness, which has doomed many of his so-called loyal followers. begone, chaos!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

you're right

sorry, i was trying something different this time. i guess it didn't work so well.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm still all about hassling chaos though, so no major change on that front

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

you are right, kashuno, but actually i want us all to be "buddies"

unfortunately there are scum, so my ideal world can never be :smith:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

Truly, the ultimate mafia posting is just mashing out words and lo, suddenly you have created an essay on why religion is destroying the progress of humankind. This post has been brought to you by me, Dick Dawkins.

also hang MEDS tia

i find myself worried to be in agreement with you

so why meds specifically?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

why are you worried? Don't you have your own reasons? What do you even agree with?

I just think chaos is not a very good thing in general for town, so removing it is probably a good idea.

i dislike your stance on religion but i agree with your stance on chaos

it troubles me :(

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm always in jokephase

:rowdytrout:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

cheibriados thoroughly appreciates the change of pace

##unvote

while i still don't trust anyone who would openly serve chaos (and as much as i hate to admit it), the ... whimsical nature of his god is not necessarily anti-town

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

i will insult any and all animes (of which mgs is one) as i wish. everyone knows anime is irrational and thus completely useless and unlikeable

this is a bad way to live your life

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

every game i've been in kashuno has also been in, and yet i still have no clue how to read that guy

:confused:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the forums were down and i couldn't shitpost so i have to shitpost extra hard to recover from the withdrawals

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

noon EST is really early for me to be up on a goddamn saturday but uh, maybe i'll be there (probably not tho)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's kashuno, i assume he's never being serious except for the times he is

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

imgay posted:

SA you've been scum in a lot of Sams games, how does this make you feel about his true feelings about you

clearly he wanted me to have an easy introduction to mafia so that i could have teammates to tell me what do

or something idk

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

great idea :iamafag:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

gonna end up sleeping through deadline, so i may as well put my vote somewhere i guess.

##vote kashuno i get a non-good vibe from his whole "~am i worshipping a god? who knows~" shtick, especially since earlier in the thread he was very insistent that he needed to be voting for whoever we end up hanging.

see yall d2

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry you guys - I forgot about the noon deadline :350: :eng99: Assume that I'm aware of any hypocrisy around missing it that one would glean from the rest of my post.

Right now my inclination is that Pig was probably scum, based on how the vote on him petered out around the deadline. If he were town I feel like scum would have hopped on to drive the mislynch. Although it can be said about a lot of people, Pig wasn't actively engaging with the game and I feel like there scum influence stopping it. ##vote CPig

Also of note:

While I don't feel misrepresenting his God makes him scum, or that leaving his vote on Kash makes him scum (see: hypocrisy), the combination of the two is shady to me.

I would vote for either SA! or CPig at the moment but I'm sure that people will have more to say today than they did on D1.

lol I wasn't claiming chei, I was making a joke about the whole "wake me up when things happen" thing

chei doesn't hate chaos :ssh:

tablet posting sucks, lemme get to my computer

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i mean it's a cyor, so unless the gods had different abilities whether scum or town picked them we couldve ended up with a scum doublevoter

but the way he was using it was pretty town and i think that's a lovely justification to nk the guy

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

Hm.

## vote Spacing

why siv?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Gwynplaine posted:

To see who would question it first.