Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

from a friend who applied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The "Aim Down Sights" mechanic (AIDS)

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

mabels big day posted:

lol

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

No, I admit that I probably do not OP

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If Ghosts is any indication, no one left at Infinity Ward has what it takes to work at Infinity Ward

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If Ghosts is any indication, no one left at Infinity Ward has what it takes to work at Infinity Ward

That's true

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i have what it takes to work at infinity ward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last question makes me sad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have yourself and a team of skilled, professional creative designers with the passion to create exciting new products. In 2 paragraphs or less, tell us how you would create the most comically Jewish working environment possible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

You have yourself and a team of skilled, professional creative designers with the passion to create exciting new products. In 2 paragraphs or less, tell us how you would create the most comically Jewish working environment possible.

first, i would design a preorder card to display on shelves at gamestop, then we would be fired

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last CoD I played was MW3, I heard Advanced Warfare was pretty good though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

first, i would design a preorder card to display on shelves at gamestop, then we would be fired

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

5 and 6 are easy.
5. Rip off FEAR's AI
6. Rip off Crysis 1's 'really wide open linear levels' thing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's a crime that the later Crysis games took influence from CoD mission design, instead of the other way around.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

What it takes to work at Infinity Ward

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
1. armdrag

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
How does a mechanic like AIDS impact how Call of Duty is experienced?

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

welcome aboard

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lol at everything

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

question 4 makes no sense

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

'You have come up with a great new additional feature to the game. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks the idea is stupid, the feature cannot physically be processed on modern hardware, and you are a huge retard baby. Two paragraphs or less.'

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

'You have come up with a great new additional feature to the game. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks the idea is stupid, the feature cannot physically be processed on modern hardware, and you are a huge retard baby. Two paragraphs or less.'

It probably wouldn't feel good to anyone writing it but I can imagine they'd actually be fine with someone saying they'd strip a feature down to be merely a simulation of a simulation or something to begin with, sort of like what Spore turned into compared to the ambitions laid out by Will Wright.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I feel like that'd be a hard one to answer in under 2 paragraphs though since it feels like you'd have to have a good enough example of a feature to illustrate your point.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But, it's absolutely not past Infinity Ward to have the semblance of something marketable in one game and try to make it more real the next time, considering they release the game every 12 months.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i would just say scrap it and try to put it in next years call of duty

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

mabels big day posted:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

In Training posted:

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

question 4 makes no sense

Q: You have been working on an important but nonspecific feature that is out of scope and exhausts the memory budget. In 2 paragraphs or less how do you go about getting this feature into the game?

A: I change it so it takes less work and uses less memory

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Wormskull posted:

But, it's absolutely not past Infinity Ward to have the semblance of something marketable in one game and try to make it more real the next time, considering they release the game every 12 months.

they release a game every 3 years or so dog

Right now it cycles between IW, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer with the most recent ones made by IW being noticeably worse than the ones made by the other two studios. Oh yeah and Raven Software makes the free to play chinese version

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
What the gently caress is this call or duty poo poo, I'm here for the janitor position.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmm, well, i don't think i do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bhlaab posted:

Oh yeah and Raven Software makes the free to play chinese version
lmao. rip Raven

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The free to play Chinese version is sick though

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mabels big day posted:

lol still

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

• Locked thread