Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
How's the Legacy Collection in general? I've been thinking about getting it for the Xbox since Mega Man's a big blindspot for me and I often have trouble staying focused when I play stuff on emulators for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Hat Thoughts posted:

I only got a PS2 for the first time recently but in the hey-day my friend went on a trip for a few months & let me borrow all his stuff while he was away. It was so awesome, he had a ton of games, a multi-tap, controllers, light-guns, basically everything --but I have like the fondest memories of playing Vampire Night all the time. There was one of the Time Crisis games as well (2 I think?) but it never held my attention nearly as much because I think Vampire Night had so much going for it.
Like, first of all that Japanese Gothic style is still the coolest especially when it felt so different from most of the Western games I was playing at the time & the way they incorporated that mechanic where you could shoot off the infection thing on most of the enemies
like A. Added mechanical depth but also B. Really made you more invested both in your aiming & what you're doing in the game.
I'm sure there was more stuff but it's been forever since I played it.

I liked the mode where you'd get a quest like "i lost my necklace" and youd have to play the entire game and shoot the 2 pixel wide necklace that appears for 3 seconds on the 4th level and youd unlock a gun.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you like bad voice acting, vampire night is an absolute classic

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

I liked the mode where you'd get a quest like "i lost my necklace" and youd have to play the entire game and shoot the 2 pixel wide necklace that appears for 3 seconds on the 4th level and youd unlock a gun.

lmao

elf help book posted:

if you like bad voice acting, vampire night is an absolute classic

Loading up Typing of The Dead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

How's the Legacy Collection in general? I've been thinking about getting it for the Xbox since Mega Man's a big blindspot for me and I often have trouble staying focused when I play stuff on emulators for whatever reason.

Its fairly awesome, they seem to be console perfect emulations to the point they reproduced visual bugs on Mega Man 3's stage select for no real reason.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Its fairly awesome, they seem to be console perfect emulations to the point they reproduced visual bugs on Mega Man 3's stage select for no real reason.

Badass, thanks.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I am very happy for you, experiencing these classics for the first time! :megaman:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
i'm playing Zombie Revenge, the House of the Dead beat em up, and I think it might have worse voice acting than HOTD2, it's so loving bad and is made worse/better by the main dude's name being Stick Breitling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Live with Mega Man 3

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Not actually a retro game but I peeped one of those $99 3DSes and decided to rebuy Shovel Knight for it (previously played through it on PS4) and I forgot how incredibly good it is. Just finished regular mode now gonna dive into some Plague Knight.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Not actually a retro game but I peeped one of those $99 3DSes and decided to rebuy Shovel Knight for it (previously played through it on PS4) and I forgot how incredibly good it is. Just finished regular mode now gonna dive into some Plague Knight.

youre right. that isnt a retro game. strange that youd post that here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Man 3 is hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got so flustered by the end of my stream that I died 3 times in a row by standing still on the same block thinking I'd be safe this time for sure lol.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Mega Man 3 is hard
You're getting better.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

heres the mean truth: the 3 bosses you have left are weak to each others weapons, its an independent circle of weaknesses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah snake man I should be able to beat next time, I was cycling through stuff and died a bunch though. The hardest part about that fight is when he summons his snakes and the slowdown eats half your inputs 😒

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

heres the mean truth: the 3 bosses you have left are weak to each others weapons, its an independent circle of weaknesses

That's messed up, considering they're also the 3 hardest bosses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Top Man, Hard Man, etc: We shoot 2 to 5 projectiles, pause, jump periodically and predictably.

Gemini Man, Snake Man and Needle Man: Pussies.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

i think you will be able to beat the game next stream. they are brutal bosses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll get my mic set up next time so you can hear me sigh in real time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I'll get my mic set up next time so you can hear me sigh in real time.

love hearing those gamer sighs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to have a nightmare about needle man tonight

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm going to have a nightmare about needle man tonight

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Facebook added in-browser ports of Galaga, Pac-Man, Space Invaders & Arkanoid that'll record/display your/your friends high-scores.
Space Invaders & Arkanoid are the only decent ones though, Pac-Man ends after the first screen so it's not that difficult to max out the score & Galaga is timed (so there's a max) and it forces constant auto-fire so it's way more frustrating than it should be especially since you only have one life (you can still do the double ship thing though)
Space Invaders is also only good if you're playing on keyboard because the touch controls are horrible (but thats obvious)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

absolutely anything posted:

Under Fire, a 1993 taito game that's trying really hard to be lethal enforcers but with like 3 voice samples and half the visual fidelity

Oopa Gangnam Style!!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

Facebook added in-browser ports of Galaga, Pac-Man, Space Invaders & Arkanoid that'll record/display your/your friends high-scores.
Space Invaders & Arkanoid are the only decent ones though, Pac-Man ends after the first screen so it's not that difficult to max out the score & Galaga is timed (so there's a max) and it forces constant auto-fire so it's way more frustrating than it should be especially since you only have one life (you can still do the double ship thing though)
Space Invaders is also only good if you're playing on keyboard because the touch controls are horrible (but thats obvious)

sounds like a hot aids injection

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going live again in a bit. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm playing Chrono Trigger for the first time. DS version.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

fozzy fosbourne posted:

the ds version's script is a bit drier and the added content all sucks, but chrono trigger's some freaking win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Lovely game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On Wiley STage 3, Yellow Devil defeated. This games been kicking myass but Ive been persevering, I will defeat Dr. Wiley. Do 4, 5 and 6 keep getting harder?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
nah, 4 has a little bite but 5/6 are breezy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Congrats. It's my favorite game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

got th psn version for 2 dollars in the big rpg sale the othe r day nd my roommate's playing it for the first time, loving his reactions

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That game is major win

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
my friend got super lucky at a pawn shop and got a box of snes games for $100. it has like all the good ones plus poo poo like demon's crest and dracula x. im really jealous but also happy for my friend

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Gato's song is the business.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm enjoying the fact that the plot and motivations are pretty straight forward and relatable so far. Something nice and quaint about the game, like a nice warm apple pie. I was like "UH OH" when Marle decided she wanted to try out the teleporter, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I came within like 3 seconds of buying a Sega Saturn + Universal adapter today but I stopped myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Finishing Mega Man 3 tonight.