Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

It's the only true day for "release"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
It's also my 30th birthday.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eastbound Spider posted:

It's the only true day for "release"

Look at this noob not releasing every day

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chomp8645 posted:

Heck yeahs! My Xbox One X is shipping early. Originally it wasn't gonna ship until the end of the month but I just got email it's on it's way for Tues delivery.

I'm gonna play Battlefront 2 with MAX TERAFLOPS in ultra 4k or some poo poo! Awesome! :black101:

This explains a bit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Skoll posted:

It's also my 30th birthday.

Hippy burfdeh

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jisforjosh posted:

This explains a bit

It explains how I do so much RAD gaming!!!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did somebody say rad gaming?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yo happy berfday, welcome to the Officially Old club!

Dunno if this was actually posted here? https://kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152 Kotaku article on the Visceral Swars game studio shutdown thing, at a glance sounds like the project was getting Chris Roberts-ed and going nowhere. The EA comments on shutting it down had to be non-descript, no way they're gonna poison the google results for when the game is made down the road with saying it was hosed and had to be scrapped, at least not until it's already been out for a while.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Siets posted:

Did somebody say rad gaming?

I did.

Rad gaming!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

FunkMonkey posted:

Hippy burfdeh

teh_Broseph posted:

Yo happy berfday, welcome to the Officially Old club!

Dunno if this was actually posted here? https://kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152 Kotaku article on the Visceral Swars game studio shutdown thing, at a glance sounds like the project was getting Chris Roberts-ed and going nowhere. The EA comments on shutting it down had to be non-descript, no way they're gonna poison the google results for when the game is made down the road with saying it was hosed and had to be scrapped, at least not until it's already been out for a while.

Thanks. I'm not looking forward to it at all. The last one came out on my birthday too.

I hope my present is it will be A Good Game despite how much I didn't like the alpha and the beta.

As for the Visceral game, yeah it had a bigger scope than what it appeared they had the money to do, but I wouldn't quite say it was Chris Roberts'd. Amy Hennig has a history of successful games, CR is still riding the coat tails of his one success from 20+ years ago.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I guess it's probably about time for the new thread since early launch is only a week away. If nothing else people are gonna want to know the available editions and some spicy hot takes from the beta for their purchasing decision.

If someone wants to make it knock yourself out, otherwise I'll throw something up tomorrow or thurs.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:siren: Origin Access 10 hour trial is live, FYI! :siren:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
As long as the thread title is "They called the fourth Star Wars battlefront 'Battlefront II'"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

drunkill posted:

As long as the thread title is "They called the fourth Star Wars battlefront 'Battlefront II'"

I was gonna go with "Star Wars Battlefront 2: Part 2"

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

drunkill posted:

It absolutely should be this. The main Star Wars thread is "They called the ninth Star Wars 'Episode 8'". It rhymes. Like poetry.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is officially the first video game installed on my new Xbox One X.

Gaming has never been so rad! :frogc00l:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jesus, the campaign is so loving glitchy that it's actually kind of embarrassing, did they even play test this?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

Jesus, the campaign is so loving glitchy that it's actually kind of embarrassing, did they even play test this?

:eyepop:

Do tell. The campaign is currently a big unknown.

Also if you take any hilarious/embarassing glitch clips they can be put in the OP.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I can foresee amazing gifs from the protag's melee animation alone.

Also, really lazy stealth segments with the droid you can control and psychic AI that can see you no matter where you are... which results in mission failure pretty much instantly since you die in one or two shots and your only offensive capability is a one time use shock attack that needs to be recharged by hacking things.(???)

Seems like ai couldn't give two shits about their buddies dying in front of them either.

I fell through geometry and ended up in the cold vastness of space and died just by sprinting and meleeing into a wall too.

The character animations are really drat stiff too, this feels like a total after thought.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 8, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Deakul posted:

I fell through geometry and ended up in the cold vastness of space and died just by sprinting and meleeing into a wall too.

Glad to see the :dice: is still strong with this one.

In Battlefront, The Third Battlefront game, I once picked up a hero spawn on the Trench Run and got an option to spawn as a 50-meter tall princess leia, walking around on the surface of the Death Star, desperately trying to find a way to die so I could respawn again as a X-Wing.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Any deals on pre-ordering this? I usually go through Amazon for the %15 discount with Prime but they don't seem to have that going (yet?).

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Deakul posted:

I can foresee amazing gifs from the protag's melee animation alone.

Also, really lazy stealth segments with the droid you can control and psychic AI that can see you no matter where you are... which results in mission failure pretty much instantly since you die in one or two shots and your only offensive capability is a one time use shock attack that needs to be recharged by hacking things.(???)

Seems like ai couldn't give two shits about their buddies dying in front of them either.

The character animations are really drat stiff too, this feels like a total after thought.

Isn't this being built on the same engine that gave us the funtimes that was ME:A?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Popete posted:

Any deals on pre-ordering this? I usually go through Amazon for the %15 discount with Prime but they don't seem to have that going (yet?).

Amazon seems like the only place short of grey markets right now.

Electronico6 posted:

Isn't this being built on the same engine that gave us the funtimes that was ME:A?

Same engine as basically every EA game now, the horrible Frostbite engine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Id gives us IdTech 6, EA gives you frostbite.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Amazon seems like the only place short of grey markets right now.

Same engine as basically every EA game now, the horrible Frostbite engine.

I can't even find the physical version for sale on Amazon (PS4). It's only digital or the deluxe physical version.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm surprised they made stealth segments again. I thought everyone hated that garbage in Battlefield 1. I did, anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm surprised they made stealth segments again. I thought everyone hated that garbage in Battlefield 1. I did, anyway.

It was worse in the new cod.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

BATTLEFRONT II: FIRST BLOOD PART IV

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Glad to see the :dice: is still strong with this one.

In Battlefront, The Third Battlefront game, I once picked up a hero spawn on the Trench Run and got an option to spawn as a 50-meter tall princess leia, walking around on the surface of the Death Star, desperately trying to find a way to die so I could respawn again as a X-Wing.

Holy poo poo I want that as a feature.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
50' Leia peers into a window on the Death Star.

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" :grin:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, aside from a pretty BLAH opening, the campaign seems pretty cool.

Operation Cinder is officially canon, that's pretty neato.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

So, aside from a pretty BLAH opening, the campaign seems pretty cool.

Operation Cinder is officially canon, that's pretty neato.

Thats what I have heard from outside the lovely droid stuff, its good poo poo.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Booo, the sp trial ends just when you think it's about to get interesting, there's about 2ish hours worth of gameplay to the trial.
So then I have no real opinion on the sp as it is except that it could be interesting. :shrug:

The action set pieces it shows off are pretty fun at the very least.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Deakul posted:

Booo, the sp trial ends just when you think it's about to get interesting, there's about 2ish hours worth of gameplay to the trial.
So then I have no real opinion on the sp as it is except that it could be interesting. :shrug:

The action set pieces it shows off are pretty fun at the very least.

i have heard 6 to 8 hours maybe a little more. seems good enough. the not-operations mode will be fun too. also apparently its getting single player dlc too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Madurai posted:

Holy poo poo I want that as a feature.

When the ground hero selector came up I should have been Bigger Luke.

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/bigger-luke

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

When the ground hero selector came up I should have been Bigger Luke.

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/bigger-luke

I just can not tell if this is satire or not

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

I just can not tell if this is satire or not

I'm pretty sure it's meant as a sendup of that Star Wars Technical Commentary site that goes frame-by-frame comparing pixel lengths to come up with relative ship sizes, pointing out inconsistencies, etc with way more care than the people who actually set up those composite shots for visual and emotional resonance rather than slavish documentarian re-creation of a star war that never happened.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I'm pretty sure it's meant as a sendup of that Star Wars Technical Commentary site that goes frame-by-frame comparing pixel lengths to come up with relative ship sizes, pointing out inconsistencies, etc with way more care than the people who actually set up those composite shots for visual and emotional resonance rather than slavish documentarian re-creation of a star war that never happened.

sounds about right. are there people still insanely angry over the new canon replacing the old?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds about right. are there people still insanely angry over the new canon replacing the old?

Oh heavens, yes. I have one on my facebook feed who was inconsolable about his ginger space waifu being erased when he was told his pretend stories never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

EA access saves your progress for when you get the game, yes?

• Locked thread