Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This game is good but also bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Actually never mind, game is good, it is pubbies that are bad.

There must be a strong electric shock that is delivered when most people press the square button

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

drat the canon, pull from KOTOR. I want to play as HK-47

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

What does it mean when there are just no enemy (in this case rebel) aircraft in the air for almost an entirely supremacy battle? Are they just not picking up the power ups or what?

Possibly, I've seen air tokens just get completely ignored for a surprising amount of time. Or its just a matter of having a couple skylords on your team that just wrecked anyone spawning in

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

I will never understand why people get the hero token in Hoth WA and use it to become Boba Fett: Sniper Extraordinaire. Dumb bastard was on the hill next to the phase 1 imperial spawn (during phase 2) and just plinking away as his team got owned.

Because they don't really care and just want to get the kills.

Personally I find myself judging people that pull Luke or Han on supremacy maps. Come on guys, Leia is so dammed good on those points, even if she is boring.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Does the app with base commander work for console or only PC?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sith Happens posted:

Works for consoles too as long as your EA/Origin account is linked with your console account via the same email address. Mine didn't work at first but EA support was able to fix it in about 15 minutes with them online.

Ah okay, I might need to dig around in origin to do that association then. Before it was only working for my beta account for PC. Thanks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Beastie posted:

It boggles the mind that for fighter squadron they can put a fully modeled 3D star destroyer off in the distance instead of having it come zooming in mid-round to the air space at the center of the map.

Give us something to dodge around and let the rebels attack the shields for God sakes.

To be fair, "fully modeled" is a bit of a stretch for that thing. Someone found the render of it and it is pretty low-res up close

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the only one I was really at all disappointed with is Ion Shot (which naturally was the first one I bought). The damage increase seems really insignificant. I still use it against the AT-AT because every bit counts, but in everyday use against AT-STs and turrets it barely seems to make a dent.

It was useful in the beta where AT weapons were virtually nonexistent, but now that we have ion torpedoes it is pretty much a waste

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

So what determines when someone can spawn in as a hero bodyguard? I swear that I only have a couple people actually do it whenever I am the emperor

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It shows up when you go to the spawn menu, most people that die want to just get back into the action as fast as possible so they probably miss that.

That is what I thought, I guess people just hate success.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The beta would erase purchased charges if you picked one up in the field so maybe they are giving out recompense

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Vildiil posted:

Now you get to see what every sniveling turd thinks when you shoot him too! (I hate the community for this game on pc)

TBH the one thing I miss with console gaming is text chat. If I can't hear the rage of the people I kill then it just loses so much impact.

Yes xXxweedlordbonerhitlerxXx, I may be a human being. But you are dead

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It seems like the biggest skill that most people need to learn when playing Battlefront is how to slowly but consistently push into a point.

The thing about this game is that it doesn't matter how MLG PRO you are, you simply cannot put out the dps needed to take on several people at one time in an open firefight. So you have to be cautious but firm in your advance, and make sure you work on just a couple people at a time, max.

You have to be aggressive, but cautiously so.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 26, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Honestly, I have a hard time justifying bringing the charge sniper rifle into a battle. It is certainly good for getting kills, but the issue remains that you should be fighting around the objective, and if someone is far enough way that you need a real scoped weapon then he isn't much of a threat to the team.

Of course it has some utility, counter sniping and door watching is good, but the fact that you can't really hold the charge makes it something of a poor point defense weapon.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Summit posted:

The progression system in this game is loving bad. Multiple matches in a row I've had where a dude rolling all black cards — usually barrage, jump pack, impact grenade and presumably bounty hunter — just dominates the round going 40-5 or some poo poo. It's incredible how much more powerful you are at higher rank vs someone just starting out.

If you have all those things unlocked then it isn't surprising that you would have higher score because you already Got Gud during the 15 hours or so to get to max level

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Summit posted:

I think I've played at least 10 hours and I'm level 18. Guess I'm pretty bad if I should be level 50 in 5 more hours.

Obviously that was just a number, not an exact measurement. The point is that having all the stuff unlocked implies that you have played for a long time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Summit posted:

Cool, guess you're fine with the balance then. I'm not. I find it frustrating to get rocked by poo poo I don't even have access to.

Relying on cards to carry the day is a terrible idea. Your primary weapon is powerful and reliable, all the cards are gimmicks. The only ones that are actually game-changing is the jet pack and ion torpedo, and that doesnt take that long to unlock.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

HOw the gently caress do i do the speeder toe cable game? I can't figure it out. It says press 2 then a bar pops up with my speeder and it doesnt tell me dick of what to do.

You are supposed to keep the speeder centered in the vertical bar, any damage will throw you off course.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Also I'm sorry your team loses while you have the most points in the match.

I feel like this is most of the forums

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Barrage was always dumb, who the hell decided that a one shot sniper rifle and a gun that launches six grenades had the same level of power?

Grenades though, eh. Impact grenade is a bit OP but thermals were alright IMO

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Imagine a game in tyool 2015 that didn't have any kind of meta "points" system.

Points are good. You get the most points as a reward for completing objectives, which is the whole point of the game. It's the people with no points and high KDR that is the issue

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

tadashi posted:

SWG was awesome and anyone that thinks otherwise can go to hell. It was horribly bugged and imbalanced making it the perfect goon game

So my impression from reading the thread is that this is a game you can jump into pretty quickly as long as you basically understand how an FPS arena-style game works? Do the guns you acquire as you level up make a big difference? I think CoD Black Ops 2 was the last time I played online and it was amazing how you weren't really playing the same game as everyone else until you got the right guns unlocked. I mean all I ever want to do in Star Wars is fly things but I guess that's not going to be possible at every given moment.

I would say that learning to play is a bigger hurdle to Get Gud than straight unlocks, not having a jet pack is a pain but not an insurmountable problem.

On the surface the gunplay looks similar to all other modern shooters but shooting is simulateously imprecise and laser accurate. It is kind of hard to explain without trying it yourself

You can do well without the cards, at any rate. And if you play with a buddy (or one is assigned to you) then you can steal his gear for free

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Nobody has called me the "n-word" yet. Which is nice because I was sure that was just a certainty in multiplayer games these days.

What, is this 2007? All the cool kids are cucks nowadays

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Oh man, I can't wait to play the new game mo- oh, right. I didn't preorder. Well, R6 Siege it is"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Reverse Centaur posted:

And of course I didn't pay $10 extra for the best gun either so I guess I am the king idiot.

You will earn the gun as you play, and they will stay scrubs because they only use a single, OP weapon. Someday you will have that weapon, and they will still be scrubs. And on that day the trenches will run red with blood.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It would be cool to change the air tokens to generic "air" tokens rather than the specific ships and have them pick whatever is relevant to how the map is going. Huge land push with ATST? Speeder. Imperial air superiority? A-wing. Just general normal play? X-wing.

It would even make more sense lore-wise, why the hell would a solider call in speeder on the last point of hoth when imps have four ties in the air?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hopper posted:

Don't you need to register it on Origin? I thought you could only do that once?

Not AFAIK, unless I had already bound my account to origin on a previous game and it carries over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tried Turning Point for the first time last night, man that is an impressively terrible mode. I was invisioning lines of turrets, destructible walls, maybe even activatable fortifications. Nope, just capture points while the other team defends them, but *gasp* they don't tick back when they aren't under attack!

Also capping points does not give any points, way to support objective takers, :dice:

• Locked thread