Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Why is Rufus Hound presenting a Star Wars livestream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Shoot it at the ground. It's explosive.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Cat Machine posted:

Is there anywhere out there selling Jakku codes for the PS4? GameCollection in the UK seem to have stiffed me.

It's out for free in a week.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

What kind of loving weirdo plays games with other people lmao

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Having actually played Battlefront 2, you're kidding yourself if you think it was in any way deep either.

Chomp8645 posted:

- Maybe have more than one ground vehicle in the whole game?

Yeah, they could pick from one of the many iconic Star Wars vehicles, such as

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

That's been a rumour since the movie was announced and was almost a thing in 1980. If true it's not exactly new info to get worked up about like prissy little nerd babies.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Almost every mode uses a Jakku map as far as I know.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

They're going to have to really stretch to get any more Imperial hero characters in the DLC without Kylo Ren or somebody.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I just want to note that if they add another bounty hunter it better be Bossk or IG-88 and not fuckin Dengar

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

The lack of "24/7 Metro!!" is the best thing about battlefront imo

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Top tip: stay near the ground until either you or a teammate gets the falcon

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Matchmaking on PC is perfectly fine for me in Europe.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Siets posted:

Cycler Rifle still objectively worse than Pulse Rifle in every way imaginable. Sigh.

Now on to trying to find success with Scout Pistol. :smithicide:

The Scout Pistol is handy when you're using the T-21 and want to kill someone at close range.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I saw on the official Battlefront forum that somebody was complaining about the bowcaster nerf, and to illustrate that there were actually ways to counter it they used a video that was pretty much just people using the personal shield surviving it. It's like people don't understand that there has to be more than two loadouts that aren't completely worthless in a game like this.

e: also there is significantly more difference between guns in Battlefront EA than there was in the previous Battlefield and Battlefront games imo.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Do you mean how many were bought pre-owned? I'd imagine EA doesn't count those into it's sales figures.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Kelly posted:

They're not one shots anyone though, right? I've been using mine with little success. I hit people and it drains their gelato if they're at 100, but they need to be depleted a bit for it to kill them. And likewise, people are now using them in close quarters which is embarrassing and infuriating.

You need to charge it all the way.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Please tell me we're not seriously getting Nien Nunb as a rebel hero. I hope the future heroes are better at least

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

spiralbrain posted:

I cant see him being seriously added.

I want to see Yoda, Lando and Chewie on the rebel side and on the Imp side IG-88, General Tarkin and an Imperial Royal Guard (which would really make sense once the Death Star Expansion is released)

The picture looks like Greedo and Nien Nunb though, because they both seem to be wearing different outfits

e: I am 100% sure at least that Greedo is in this expansion

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

moosecow333 posted:

I hope that if the Rebels get R2-D2 the imperials get like, a Gonk-Droid with an E-11 strapped to the top of it IG-88.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

I'll say one thing for Origin. The update downloaded at something like 10mb a second. I've never had something from the internet download that fast.

I got some Canadian idiot preaching about how great the Provisional IRA was one time.

I don't see the problem and I hope he sang "Ooh ah Up the Ra".

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Siets posted:

This entire game has turned into a Space World War I simulator as people continuously try, and fail, at the T-21b sniper streak hutt contract. :shepicide:

The T-21B streak is really easy to get. It's the cycler rifle part of the contract that's difficult.

By the way, which key is roll? E: never mind, it's Alt.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 23, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

There's a new unlockable alien for the Rebels - a Weequay, the funny looking crackly skin dudes from Jabba's Palace.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'll only start playing Fighter Squadron when they add Y-wings and B-wings, or Darth Vader's TIE fighter

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'd like the fighters if you could zoom in while flying them. I can't actually see anyone on the ground as it is.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Sith Happens posted:

I finally crossed the million credit mark.

Dice, will you let me spend my million space bux on my very own Super Star Destroyer?

How many hours have you played?

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Nien Nunb and Greedo are in fact insanely good

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

You must have obviously forgotten to play about 45 other titles which blow this out of the water over the last 30 years. Or you are 30 years old and never played them. Because this game is absolute horseshit.

It's always amazing to hear 30 year olds referred to like they're so young. This website really has a different demographic.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Well, in context of the reply and talking about the best Star Wars games (Unless they played them much later than launch) that person would have been 8 when Tie Fighter came out.

I suppose not entirely unfeasable a 30 year old played Tie Fighter in 1994 when it first came out at age 8, but none the less...

It's just funny.

And it's not impossible to play games some time after they came out and still enjoy them, you know. I like the new Battlefront as well as TIE Fighter and I played both of them for the first time last year.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

mellowjournalism posted:

It's already bad enough right now when you have great pilots on one team and great infantry on the other. No one gets to the death star, no one's happy.

I was in a game a bit like this recently and it felt really weird. As the rebels we barely scraped through the first phase and the guy leading the pack for the other team went like 20-3. Then we switch to infantry, storm it as fast as I've ever seen and that same guy gets killed about 10 times with barely a kill of his own in return. Then we start the trench run and get demolished.

The main thing I took away from this is that some people are crazy and actually want to be air more than once in a while in this game. At least it's more fun in Fighter Squadron and Battle Station than it is in Walker Assault, where I just end up squinting my eyes trying to work out where infantry are before smashing into the ground or something.

E: Although one great thing about the Battle Station mode is that some manoeuvres that would normally be fine on any other map result in smashing into asteroids or the walls of the Death Star trench. Really annoying if you're doing the trench run (especially if you're Red 5) but surprisingly satisfying as a TIE fighter.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 28, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'm pretty sure you get chosen to be either a soldier or a Hero and then you have to race to pick whatever one is your favourite.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Yes.

The icon they used for advertising the pre-order was Kylo Ren without the mask (as he is in the trailer for The Last Jedi) so that'll probably be how he looks with the pre-order, and then with the mask will be his The Force Awakens skin.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Yes.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Don’t think I’ve ever played a game where you could level up for online by playing offline, so not exactly devastated to find out that it’s limited. There sure are problems with the game but I’m not sure it’s necessary to invent more of them.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

“Voting with your wallet” isn’t going to do anything. Consider maybe voting with a ballot, or possibly by seizure of the means of (video game) production. Until then I don’t think it makes much difference exactly what evil bastard companies you buy a dumb game from.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

With a caveat: it's on small maps only. Looks good though and you can customise the missions. Although Battlefront 2015 added larger scale skirmish maps eventually so maybe they'll do that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

has anyone considered maybe closing this thread. that’d be a cool idea.

• Locked thread