Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Oh god if they add Jar Jar as a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I bought this for PS4 at Best Buy for $50 (got it price matched) but now I feel like I'd much rather be using a mouse and keyboard to control this. Is there any way I can bring this back to Best Buy and swap it out for a boxed PC copy? Would I have to pay the difference since the price I matched was only for the console versions?

I still have my receipt.

I felt the same way until you realize this game is catered to controllers and mouse and keyboard doesn't help much, if at all. The game autoaims for hip firing, and zooming in actually makes it harder to hit people. Flying is also easier once you realize you can hold the left trigger to lock on and it autoaims and follows for you. You basically wouldn't be gaining anything from kb/m controls on this. It's so very different than BF4 and such. It's just stupid simple controls and fun.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

LegionAreI posted:

It autoaims for hipfire? :psyduck: I don't see this happening, I'm on PS4. It'll "lock on" during ADS but I'm not seeing any aim assist when I'm just running around, am I missing something completely?

It does. As soon as it goes red, you can get hits even if it's above the dudes head. If there is movement there is some janky hit detection going on but half the shots still hit even if they have no reason to be hits.

If you go into scoped mode, you're on your own. If you're a great shot, then awesome, otherwise just hipfire that poo poo.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ShineDog posted:

It's a small amount of magnetic aim. It's noticable but it's not massive.

You have to NOT hold down for auto-fire, either. Hipfire while doing single shots anywhere near a person and you automatically hit them. Every time you pull it'll keep doing it.

It is massive.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yub nub

• Locked thread