Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Chomp8645 posted:

Leia is my go to hero regardless of game type. She's so good.

Leia's running commentary slays me for reason. "Work together!" and "You could use this!" as she drops health are among my favorites. It sounds exactly like Carrie Fisher.

I played as Fett for the first time yesterday and he loving rules.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thom P. Tiers posted:

People keep talking about this auto-aim and I don't see it either. But apparently it must exist.

I have aim assist on and also don't notice much of a difference.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Atlas Moth posted:

Guess they fixed the infinite Star Card glitch.. back to being terrible :negative:

e: welp, nevermind, still works

How on earth do you buy 99 cards exactly? All I see is the option for 25 a shot. I stopped at 75 because I didn't want to screw it up - do I just purchase another 25?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Atlas Moth posted:

It glitches out when you buy past 99, so buy another 25 and it*should work but mileage may vary etc etc. Make sure you do it through the main menu and not the pre-game lobby as well.

Awesome - thanks.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Team balancing is hilarious in this game. I just played a 6 v 3 of Heroes and Villains where the Villains just got creamed in all but one round.

They need to fix the spawn points too. Someone playing as Luke figured out where one of the Imperial spawn points were during Walker Assault and camped there for a bit killing us as we spawned. Then it started spawning us like 20 feet away...which is the length of one of Luke's jumps. :rolleye:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

What's the protective bubble I keep seeing around people? Is that one of the traits?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Skoll posted:

Grenades aren't nerfed. The only thing they did was make Barrage take like three-five seconds to explode, which kind of ruins the utility of it now imo. Blaster Pistols still reign supreme.

edit: If anything, it feels like they threw Bodyguard out the window because I've not been surviving any explosions while at full health.

Well that sucks. I just bought that for my first trait last night. :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rob Haldorson posted:

So I guess Blast is where all the CoD assholes hang out? I had a challenge to get 20 kills with the shock blaster, so I figured Blast would be a good mode since I'm a bit burnt out with droid run. Well, I was able to stomach a single round of those poo poo-talking faggots before leaving. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but most of them spent the whole match spouting "get good friend of the family" and "lel". gently caress that, I'll use the drat gun on supremacy if I have to.

So, is this irony? I think it might be.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

What gun does the honor guard use? Is it one we can unlock? It's badass.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Dvsilverwing posted:

It's just not enjoyable in my opinion. Much like in the beta, I still find myself dying right after spawning, sometimes I don't even move and some lone guy will just pop me as I go to hit the W key. Otherwise, you're either shooting at people on hills or shooting half blind from inside because you're not competent enough to put on the snow goggles sitting on your forehead.

Edit: Mind you, I'm talking specifically about Walker Assault.

Honestly, I STINK at this game and manage to almost never get spawn killed on Hoth or any other map during Walker Assault. Are you sure you're not being just the slightest bit dramatic for effect?

I do tend to agree with you about shooting people on hills. The jump pack is a complete necessity on Hoth to get you to the action quickly.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The only times I've found myself getting spawn killed is when I've spawned on my partner who is in the process of getting killed. Now I appreciate everyone's experience is different, but is this what's happening to you too?

This is indeed the exception - when you partner start and they are in the midst of a gun battle. I think the spawns on some of the maps are so far out that it takes way too long to get back into the action. Hoth in particular.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 7, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

gfanikf posted:

One thing is my 4 year old daughter who loves all things Star Wars is having a blast watching me play, so even if the game is meh...it's not a huge deal for me. The sound work is spectacular as it really sounds like Star Wars. It's gorgeous looking too.

Same, with my three year old son. He is absolutely obsessed with Walker Assault - loves the AT-ATs.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

ANGRYGREEK posted:

Am I the only one that isn't allowed (by female-written law) to show cool shooter games to his kid? :(

I am a female showing my kid these games...so don't blame us. Blame your poor choice in a mate. ;)

Seriously though, this is one of the few games I play in front of my son. I don't ever play GTA in front of him now that he is older and repeating everything he hears.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

How old? My 10-yo gets to play this and Borderlands more than I do.

Not only does he ruin my KD, but I actually had to ban him from playing for a while because he spent a half-hour jumping off cliffs and killing himself with thermal detonators because he thought it was hilarious.

If you see a guy get Luke, then just saber the wall back by the spawn, that's probably him.

Likewise, when I get into the air I let mine fly for a bit. And by that I mean 'crash immediately' which is still on par with my level of skill in the air.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 8, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Badgers posted:

Tried out turning point. Jesus christ.

Frustrating. Imperials don't understand that you aren't defending if you're outside the point perimeter. Cue me being the only one jumping inside laying down the hate, only to die after a few kills because no one follows. "Just gonna stand back here and spam pulse cannon/homing shot :downs: "

The sign says defend, yet you stand in limbo between two control points with your thumb up your bum.

I think rebels suffer the same problem with regards to taking points as well..

It even gives you points when you are in the circle defending - how do people not notice they get +10 as soon as they jump in there and get down to business?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Utnayan posted:

You do realize that the sound assets from this game, aside from the Thermal Implosion, have been in existence since the early 2000's era correct? (And some from the original movies) I will not say that the audio/visual effects are not good, because they are. But that doesn't mean 90% of the audio effects aren't copy pasted from previous games. Now if you were to say the mixing was incredibly well done, that's fine. The audio system in any Battlefield/Front game has always been above par however when compared to the market. It doesn't mean this thing wasn't slapped together in 18 months with completely shallow surface level content with an EA typical paywall to undervalue the entire retail purchase.

To be fair, my main beef with the game is the amount of content included at full retail price combined with shallow as gently caress mechanics.

This game is fun.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the fact that vader is #5 most popular hero out of 6 is shameful

He is so clunky and ponderous that the only reason he isn't in last place is misplaced nostalgia.

Utnayan posted:

That tow cable stat is such bullshit. Along with all their other bull poo poo stats. Especially in tatooine. The end phase is always 1 or both going down by tow. What a crock of poo poo. These assholes cannot even be tasked to actually put out a game with 50 dollars worth of content. Who in their right mind thinks they pulled reporting features out of their rear end.

You are making me so sad. :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Siets posted:

Please post those pictures of those :tinfoil: documents I know you have pinned all over your walls connected by strings, circling random buildings, and highlighting old newspaper clipping headlines proving that EA is actually illuminati.

Whenever I think of someone on the internet going crazy, and arguing I imagine they have a Carrie Mathison wall set up with thumbs tacks, photos, and different color string.

Back on topic: I manage to do okay now when I play and am certainly a mid-range player but I never make enough to bank my credits. Which mode is the best for this? I've found that Heroes v Villains is a good one, it's quick and easy to score points because of the hero points you get awarded when you injure one. I stink at flying, so I stay away from that mode...I play WA a lot because it's fun. What am I missing?

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 12, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Siets posted:

If you haven't already, you can get an insane amount of easy credits by going for all the single player Mission mode achievements. Ignore Survival mode and do the others first. Survival is the most challenging to get the achievements for.

No kidding...Survival is the ONLY one I did and I gave up because the payout was next to nothing for the effort. This is great, thanks!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Siets posted:

Haha that's great. Yeah the Training ones are all super easy, though some of the Battles mode ones can be a little tough (win with opponents scoring less than 40. :argh:) However, those are nothing compared to "don't die on Survival". I gave up on those. :(

One of the Survival rounds on Tatooine had an AT-ST that was loving impossible to kill. I am so used to dummies online that stay in one place shooting that when the AI started actually chasing me I couldn't get around behind it to hit it in its soft spot. I pretty much never lose my cool over video games, but I actually tossed my remote and yelled 'gently caress this' at the TV. :flip:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

Anyone else have an issue where the game is stuck on the load screen when you load any Jakku map? PS4

edit - looks like yes? Just that map for me though. I've even tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game. No Season Pass for me if this is how well the free poo poo works

Also on PS4 - not stuck exactly, but the Jakku maps take the longest to load by far. They always kick in eventually, but I can get up, get a drink and come back and it is still loading.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

AdmiralViscen posted:

My friends are getting in within 20 seconds or so. I have let it sit for what feels like minutes - should I wait even longer?

If I back out to the main menu and then go back in sometimes that helps. Jakku is the only map where this happens, too

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

I have mine set to 17, because I'm terrible with a controller for shooters.

The best thing to do is to just lower it till you feel like you can aim well, then slowly increase sensitivity as you play more.

I too am fairly terrible at shooters and have it set to 20 on the PS4. Even higher than 30 was too sensitive for me.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also I don't really give a poo poo that much about spoilers but a lot of people care so feel free to discuss the new Star Wars movie here (better than trying to talk about it in CD) but tag your spoilers if possible. Thanks!

Maybe edit that other post then?

Hopper posted:

I "knew" this already thanks to FYAD's new title but still. No matter whether it's a troll or true: gently caress YOU VERY MUCH

I don't get these forums sometimes and I've been here awhile. In the places where you would expect spoilers, they want them tagged. In places you'd not expect them, it's a free for all. I just come here to view your ads and post on the forums about video games mostly. I must be expecting too much. I'm going to assume that's not actually a spoiler since it is still sitting there.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Dec 16, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

jivjov posted:

There are assholes everywhere :(

I know :sigh:

I am getting old because I just don't find stuff like that funny.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pretty sure you should care less about spoilers as you get older.

Oh, I don't care about the spoiler, I won't see this for months until it's on demand most likely so I can't expect to not hear a thing about it.

I'd actually argue as you get older you enjoy the simple things a bit more, like movies. Discussion for another thread though.

Back on topic: I am officially tired of Jakku. I get loaded into that map almost every time I fire up WA, which I play often. Do any other modes use Jakku other than WA and Turning Point?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I get played into it straight away on WA, but haven't seen it in Heroes v. Villains yet, which is something else I play a lot of. Maybe those maps will be more interesting.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hopper posted:

True. However, it also has a distinct "I have seen all this before" vibe though.

Ha, well it's the 7th movie in a series so I think that was unavoidable.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am involved in a hilarious round of WA on the centrplex where somehow, the AT AT is facing the wrong way. Top guy on the imps side's is 77/62. The whole thing just crashed and kicked me off, but we had like 15 y wing strike icons up top.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Siets posted:

Always gotta be at least one nitpicky hipster nerd who walks into the theater arms-crossed ready to hate things like "fun", "good acting", and "good character development".

This is the dummy who posted the 'spoiler' image macro a few pages back so he's just Trying to be Edgy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Skoll posted:

I'm just doing it because they're being cockbags and acting as if having a dissenting opinion is wrong. God forbid someone thinks for themselves.

we get it you're not like the other boys gtfo.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Palpek posted:

So I'm at the point where I choose between buying Survivalist, Bodyguard or Scout - which is more OP?

Depends what you play...I play a ton of WA which is just insane with grenade spam. Bodyguard is vital because of this. It's nice to shake off a homing shot or grenade when you have full health.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

hhhat posted:

I play nothing but WA and I use scout because I love being sneaky

There's so much confusion on some of the maps, for my style of play (shoot everything that moves) that it didn't seem like it would be very effective.

Can you have more than one trait? Or only one is active at a time?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thanks to all the bonuses this weekend lots of dummies are leveling up and purchasing the black stormtrooper outfit. My k/d sends them thanks.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

So I have this game now. I'm about Level 21.

Is there a trick to aiming in these kinds of games? When I'm not shooting people's knees, I could swear I'm shooting them square in the face five times and still dying while they live on.

Had the same kinds of issues with the only other multiplayer shoot-em-up thing I played, the High Moon Transformers games.

The assisted aim (if you are using it) locks on for a split second before the target start to move. Once the target moves, it breaks its locks and you're probably only really shooting around them.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

MorsAnima posted:

No, that's console assisted aim, which most shooters have. PC don't typically have it, because mice are a lot easier to 'aim' with, a lot twitchier.

It's not even really a great AA because this isn't a game that lends itself to camping and people are constantly on the move. I don't play a ton of shooters so it was a bit hard to get used to; I got rocked constantly my first couple weeks playing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, okay. I'll have to look into how to turn that on if it's not already. Although it's not like anybody in these games stays still long enough to properly lock on.

Should be on by default. All I do with my gun of choice (the DLT-19) is look down the scope, lock on, hit the trigger once or twice, repeat. For someone like me who stinks, locking on for a split second like that helps. Sure, I am going to get carpal tunnel from all the unnecessary repetitive motion, but I've been borderline unstoppable (for me at least) since I employed that strategy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Fightest posted:

I've not gone insane, have I? If one person has a kill score of about 80 about 5 minutes into the match, it's because they've got some sort of exploit, right? If so, I've run into more of these guys in the past day than over the entire time I've ever played this game. Anyone else encounter the same?

I'm on a console so I'm not sure how common these types of exploits are, but when I see something crazy like that it's almost always someone in an A wing who manages to kill just me like 5 times in a row.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Anyone on PS4 having issues with their game staying online? The game keeps telling me I'm offline (I am not) and to sign in to my EA account. Restarting the PS4 dos nothing. When I go into the EA page in setting all I see is the user agreement - no option to even try and sign on.

Edit: looks like the EA servers are down. Merry Christmas everyone!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 24, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Seems to be back up. I'm able to get into WA - though the lobbies are taking longer than usual to populate.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

spiralbrain posted:

Most kills ever tonight: 48. Nobody was attacking my turret and I got a turn as the emperor.

If you can hop on a turret at Sullust as a rebel down towards the bottom of the map, you will wreck the imps as they race down the map. I racked up like 30 kills (this is amazing for me) and finally beat the destroyed vehicle objective thanks to this.

Side note - I've never seen anyone who tried flying right at a turret successfully take it out. Either they get shot down, or more likely they fly too close to the ground and crash in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

hhhat posted:

I might have to team up with goons now

Some clan just was on the opposite team and showed what happens when everyone on the other team is playing objectives and only like 3 of us on our team were

It was pretty ugly

I rage quitted

When people on my team are obviously camping or ignoring the objectives (which is admittedly hard to figure out sometimes in WA) I shoot them until they move. I like how when you shoot at your own team they flinch and yell at you.

• Locked thread