Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This. Game. Is. [u]AWESOME. [u/]

No seriously, this game is freaking amazing. Like, yeah, I had my doubts when I first saw it on Reddit. I think any Rational Gamer would. Especially since, hell, EA's track record hasn't exactly been sterling. (I'm looking at you, Battlefield Hardline.) So naturally I was apprehensive.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I am here to say that they did not disappoint! This game is amazing. I can't even begin to describe how absolutely cool it is to be, in the thick of it of a real Star Wars battle. (15 year old me would so jealous) The sounds are all there, the tie fighters, the blasters, the droids, the rebels, the stormtroopers, the TIE fighters, the X-Wings, the Y-Wings, the A-wings, the Probe Droids, the Snow Speeders, the AT-AT's, the AT-ST's, the speederbikes, the Lighsabres, the E-11's, the DL44's, the E-17d's, the DC-15's, the X-wings, Hoth, Endor, Tattooine, the classic music, the classic characters, it's all there man, and it is effing spectacular

Speaking of Classic Characters, you can play a grip (word in YOSPOS i learned that means a lot) of the classic beloved characters from Star Wars. Darth Vader, Luke, The Emporer, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Princess Leia, the gangs all here and let me tell you it never gets old.

I probably should state I'm a wee bit biased. I am a massive Star Wars fan. This has brought me through some high and lows in life, but right now I'm pretty high. Mostly because the new movies are out soon (J.J. Abrams is a genius. Seriously. Him and Elon Musk are like, my two favorite guys right now.) and I am just so incredibly excited for that. Oh man am I so excited. I've got my ticket for opening night, cosplaying (a custom character thats a combination of a Steven Universe character and Boba Fett), the whole deal. It's going to be epicamazeballs.

But anyway, yeah, back to the game. So I vaped some legal spice before joining a session (makes games all the sweeter with a few breaths of the aether of the gods) and jumped in. First I spawned on Hoth as a rebel and it was so amazing. Honestly, I didn't even do anything for the first ten minutes. I just sat in awe of the battle around me. The ships flying around, the guys on the ground duking it out, Snowspeeders and MOTHERFUCKING TIE fighters flying all around me. Holy poo poo! I was in loving Star Wars fanboy heaven! It felt like the Star Wars version of saving Private Ryan, it was the most chatoic epic amazing poo poo i'd ever seen in a game. There were blasters going like PEW PEW POW POW and like Snowspeeders going NNNNNNNNYYOWWW and the Tie fighers were like EEEEE man it was so loving epic! So mother loving epic! I ran around for hours, dying and respawning and overall just having the absolute time of my life. I thought it couldn't get any better, until I gained the epicest of powerups: Motherfucking STORY CHARACTERS, BITCHES!

That's right, i ended up playing as the man himself Luke Skywalker! And I was controlling him! For a few brief seconds my own boring life faded away as I escaped into Luke's intergalatic shoes. I ran around with my cool lightsaber like WUM! WUM! BZZZTT WUM!!!! poo poo was loving kickass! Died pretty quick, but still, how COOL is that?! When Thanksgiving rolls around, I'm gonna be telling my relatives that I've finally got a job! Working for the motherfucking Empire playing Battlefront on PS4 LOL!!!(May even bring my poo poo to my grandmas house and eat my meal alone in a sperate room playing the game on her old tv, might be for the best for everyone involved since I'm sick of the bullshit of holidays and usually get into arguments with my family about poo poo (gamergate) and hear thier stupid poo poo. but that's neither here nor there)

So, overall, i give this game 5 stars our of 5. /
An absolute MUST have for any Star Wars fan or any fan of videogames in general. I recommend getting the $150 dollar version which is the one I got. Most bang for your buck and you get the season pass for the epic DLC that's sure to come. Highly reccomended.

PS: Found this when searching for screenshots of the game. Not sure if it's from the movies (outtake?) but nonetheless it's freaking hilarious:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My review of Star Wars Battlefront:

• Locked thread