Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

alright i'm in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Nice bussing, scum buddy.

##vote keane

this is keane trying even in his joke phase to make connections to people

kill him

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

what are you all doing

leave the millers alone, i bet you there's no cop even

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

But Ernie.. Keane claimed miller...

Can you explain your opinion more re: millers???

4 people claimed millers, i'm guessing the gimmick of the game is millers + godfather and no cop

Asiina posted:

Hi Ernie, long time no see.

I will be back in Ottawa for a lot of December. We should do some room escape thing.

yess! though i am unbelievably busy this december. i'm busy till the 14th in addition to the 18th, 20th and 25th. free otherwise. i don't know if any of them are open then?

CCKeane posted:

You should lock Ernie in the room and never let him escape.

keane, stop trying to get us all into dodgeball. it's not happening.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Keane was the first to claim though.

keane is the godfather, game solved

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm ##vote asiina

not only is that a scummy smiley but asiina ccasually ignored all the real content she could have interacted with

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i like this game, lots of humor, good pace, good friends

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i hate this game, not enough content, the deadline is god knows when???, asiina is still alive and she is scum

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

one of those posts is what i truly think, thread. if you figure it out, you might figure out whom to vote for!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

SEE WHAT I MEAN THERE ARE NO GOOD FRIENDS IN THIS GAME KILL ASIINA

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Bottleknight is my only true friend. And when asiina flips scum, he is probably scum too.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

That doesn't even make sense, Ernie.

you're scum

he's sitting on your vote because it's not risky and will look good in the future

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote sirsamvines

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Why am I voting him then?

If you think he's scum then vote him out with me.

okay, if ssv doesn't gain traction

also i wasn't paying attention that you were voting him. suddenly him parking his vote on you seems a lot worse.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sirsamvines corrupted this game

his/her/their/it's lackadaisical approach to mafia has rubbed off on everyone else

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

for that ... sirsamvines must suffer

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

rip someone, but probably cckeane

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote opop

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Wow, that's super rude Ern. Way to interrupt me in the middle of a word

i didn't

R.I.P is not a word

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I can't remember what my opinions were this game someone remind me.

you think i'm suspicious

i'm just trying to be me :sun:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I don't think that's true. Didn't you think I was suspicious?

Was that this game or another game?

I have forgotten everything.

I'M ONLY IN THIS GAME

shows how much you care

i thought you were suspicious because i wasn't evaluating someone's actions/thoughts in context of you voting them which is convoluted but makes sense to me

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I should probably shoot...kashuno.

no, shoot birdstrike

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and while you're doing it make a pun

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753141&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post453511490]this votefinder post[/b]. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

"ernie is scum because other people voted sirsamvines"?

what?

Jimson posted:

This is more thought than I have put into anything this whole game.

##vote ernie.

##vote jimson

my vote won't be moving, it's to rid this game of lovely attitudes and i will die on this hill

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Nice misrepresentation of my case there Ernie.

haha i'm being trolled and it's not by cckeane, this is a new feeling

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i was one of the vote-leaders but there were others, including bottleknight. what makes me scum but him not based on the vote swing?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I didn't say that. You also were pretty strong on his being scum yesterday. Have you cooled on that for some reason?

no, but it doesn't matter because the context of the game's state matters more

yesterday i voted ssv and made it clear i was voting them on principle because i want to get the game going. same with my vote today on jimson. if that seems lovely to you, then call it that. but there's no need to invent 'scumhunting reasoning' to put a vote on me.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and before you say 'i didn't invent anything' i want you to read your own 'case' and tell me if it, made by someone else, makes any sense at all to a reasonable reader

you lose track halfway through your own case and start going down a completely different line of reasoning.

that doesn't read like a case coming out of actual critical thought, but a case someone just wanted to throw down Just Because

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not inventing anything. I saw a shift in momentum and called it out.

a shift in momentum not led by me is absolutely worthless in every. single. universe. where. rational. thought. exists.

If Ernie is scum, then people helping him to shift momentum must be scum. Therefore, Go after Ernie???? That's circular, self-fulfilling reasoning.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not inventing anything.

Ernie. posted:

and before you say 'i didn't invent anything'

i'm just the best at mafia :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

I mostly glossed over Exakt's case but the reasoning seems genuine to me.

I didn't say his reasoning was fake more that the motivation for that post is not scumhunting.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Here's what I saw. Other people voted Vimes, you hopped onto the vote after it had started to pick up momentum, you justify it post facto by saying it's a policy vote based on his lurkiness. There's also this post from your exchange with Asiina:

Why not just vote BK in the first place, when he's already a voteleader, and already someone you're reading as scum. Hopping onto the newly formed Vimes bandwagon doesn't make sense if you actually believe BK is scum.

Momentum. In that moment votes on ssv counted for more. Again, my play makes sense in context of the game's state, not in context of the content in it. I.e. anything that gets activity going.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I still think bk is scum and I'd put a vote there. Unfortunately jimson is checked out of this game and I don't want that kind of low effort around.

If I wanted to hop a bandwagon I could have gone either way. If momentum shifted off me because I'm scum, it makes no sense for it not to shift to bk who was also a vote leader at the time unless you're saying both bk and I are scum in which case all the scum must be involved in this one hail Mary move at the end of a quiet d1.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

so he's not scum, just dumb? is that your point? I know I'm boiling it down but I only look for fake posts when ~scumhunting~

I didn't say they are dumb. I think exakt is very smart which is why I don't think they'd make this kind of sloppy case unless they wanted to make a case to either get the game going or me talking or me out of the game or whatever.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

You're 24 hours late!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

welp i'm replacing out and/or asking for a modkill

i don't have it in me to play a game where every tenth post is 'i don't care' 'i won't read' 'i'm not going to put effort in'

that's a terrible attitude, and shame on everyone who makes those posts for actively ruining games

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

I never even investigated Kashuno. :(

I investigated Ernie and got back Vanilla, which isn't really usable information since derp told me goon would also come back as vanilla, and then Ernie went and got himself modkilled.

Then failed on BK two nights in a row. Then I investigated Vimes and got vanilla again but died oh no.

sorry :(

that said jimson was transparently scum and he did more damage to the scum than town did :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

"Ernie when you read this, know that I think you are a lot of fun to slapfight with :3

Ernie you're a sweetheart :)"

d'aww

• Locked thread