Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I feel bad for them but I am really more just baffled because you went to join loving ISIS you stupid bitches, what did you loving think was going to happen to you, it's ISIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
isis has always been a bit of a sausage party and as a progressive im glad they balanced out the gender demographic for a while.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Just gonna hang up my Boys of Boko Haram calendar in my cubicle, hope everyone is cool with that

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I just came here to say: What a dumb bitch !
Followed the story from the start, seriously don't they teach this poo poo in schools ? If she wanted to be a sex slave she could get paid for that in Europe.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

yes yes no no no no yes yes yes

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I feel bad for them but I am really more just baffled because you went to join loving ISIS you stupid bitches, what did you loving think was going to happen to you, it's ISIS.

teenagers are very easy to fool. i read an article about their online tactics. these girls probably felt isolated in some way and thats how they get in. the isis dudes will spend hours and hours online chatting with you telling you all about islam and saying all the nasty stuff you hear about isis is just propaganda. gradually they will further isolate these people from their friends and family until isis is all they have and by then their whole worldview has already been changed. getting them to move halfway over the world to marry some fat 40 year old is easy peasy after that

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
ISIS are just misunderstood, please come join us you will come to find that we are pleasant dudes and in no way will we gangrape and murder you like the other girls, you are special

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Lol @ mr. Rapeeyes in the last picture. Maybe she wouldn't have been raped so much if she kept her face covered.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Savings Coupon posted:

Lol @ mr. Rapeeyes in the last picture. Maybe she wouldn't have been raped so much if she kept her face covered.

holy poo poo wtf is that??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
rapeyeyes is a girl too

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

He just came in his pants because he is seeing a girl's nose for the first time

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
she owned herself

well, technically someone owned her

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Cockmaster posted:

The thing is, many of these people are kids who sign up in an act of mindless youthful rebellion and get out before they have the chance to personally kill anybody (often after witnessing irrefutable proof that ISIS is, in fact, every bit as evil as Western media makes them out to be).

Does this mean they should be let off the hook entirely? Not necessarily. But there is a legitimate case for possibly sparing them from the sort of heavy-handed punishment generally considered appropriate for major war criminals.

Theres mindless youthful rebellion and then theres watcing the vids isis puts out and signing up for that. Damnnnn goons will go to any lengths to have a chance at some teenage tang.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

babypolis posted:

teenagers are very easy to fool. i read an article about their online tactics. these girls probably felt isolated in some way and thats how they get in. the isis dudes will spend hours and hours online chatting with you telling you all about islam and saying all the nasty stuff you hear about isis is just propaganda. gradually they will further isolate these people from their friends and family until isis is all they have and by then their whole worldview has already been changed. getting them to move halfway over the world to marry some fat 40 year old is easy peasy after that

You must have been really thick as a teenager for you to be saying this.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
So lonely you wanna suck ISIS dick...

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
White muslims are just bewildering like what the gently caress went wrong in ur life turn in ur pink nipple card i dont even know u

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

we should forgive the people who sign up for drowning people in cages really slowly, nailing people onto crucifixes, partake in attempted ethnic cleansing, force 9 year old girls to blow themselves up in their town markets, own slaves etc etc because morrisey just doens't cut it any more.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
E: oops

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

opus111 posted:

You must have been really thick as a teenager for you to be saying this.

seeing as i never joined a death cult, no, not really

but it doesnt take a great understanding of human nature to see how this happens or that these girls probably werent bad people. but i guess even the most basic understanding of humanity is too much for goons

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

babypolis posted:

but it doesnt take a great understanding of human nature to see how this happens or that these girls probably werent bad people. but i guess even the most basic understanding of humanity is too much for goons

no, if you watch a vid of a group of people torturing other people and decide that you want in on that, then yes, you are a bad person. Maybe you can be brought back from it, maybe not. But at that moment, when you make the decision to be a part of that, you are a bad person.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

Nah joining a terrorist organization is either two things

A) a really stupid decision that takes a dedicated amount of effort and where you really have to go out of your way to do.

B) You really really really want to kill some people

Both are pretty good reflections of your character.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

opus111 posted:

no, if you watch a vid of a group of people torturing other people and decide that you want in on that, then yes, you are a bad person. Maybe you can be brought back from it, maybe not. But at that moment, when you make the decision to be a part of that, you are a bad person.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you're going to join an armed group and you're on an active battlefield and are actively assisting them or holding a weapon, you are part of the conflict. If you' don't want to die on a battlefield then don't loving go.

in a battle everything is fair and everything is equal

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

hemale in pain posted:

I'm glad a terrorist is dead

Do you really think these girls fit the definition of terrorists

The Taint Reaper posted:

If you're going to join an armed group and you're on an active battlefield and are actively assisting them or holding a weapon, you are part of the conflict. If you' don't want to die on a battlefield then don't loving go.

in a battle everything is fair and everything is equal

That's never been true at any point in the hosed up history of humanity, even when genocide was just another way of waging warfare

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Stupid Baby posted:

Do you really think these girls fit the definition of terrorists

Yes they do actually.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

opus111 posted:

i think you are underestimating the poo poo people can rationalize and how easy it is to manipulate some people

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nah joining a terrorist organization is either two things

A) a really stupid decision that takes a dedicated amount of effort and where you really have to go out of your way to do.

B) You really really really want to kill some people

Both are pretty good reflections of your character.

being really stupid doesnt make you a bad person

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

Actually yes it does if you go off and pull something like joining ISIS.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes they do actually.

What did they actually do then besides join up and immediately get turned into de facto sex slaves

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Stupid Baby posted:

What did they actually do then besides join up and immediately get turned into de facto sex slaves

ISIS is a large organization and not everyone in it is some foot solider. But you're still part of ISIS and that does make you a terrorist by default.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Well, I dunno because I think that people can rationalize anything to themselves - look at Anders Breivik - he has no remorse at all and thought he was doing the right thing. That doesn't mean that society should forgive him.

you can be really dumb but i do believe there is a universal morality that we all share - killing and torture should be repulsive to anybody from any current society and no matter what you've been through (unless you're mentally undeveloped). if you join isis you have to go through a very difficult process over a long time, the intent is calculated and you are a danger to society if you return. I dont think we should kill them or anything, but we should charge them with attempted murder at the very least, and remove them from civilisation and give them mondo counselling because they are obv broken. but they are dangerous too.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually yes it does if you go off and pull something like joining ISIS.

no it just makes you stupid and really gullible

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

You see here's the thing gullibility is short term.

They were in for the long haul and not only that to join ISIS you have to be also very willfully ignorant. Like it is zero surprise on what ISIS does.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

babypolis posted:

thats people who believe in magic. Joining isis is a statement that you are willing to chop people's heads off so that you can belong somewhere...

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

opus111 posted:

Well, I dunno because I think that people can rationalize anything to themselves - look at Anders Breivik - he has no remorse at all and thought he was doing the right thing. That doesn't mean that society should forgive him.

you can be really dumb but i do believe there is a universal morality that we all share - killing and torture should be repulsive to anybody from any current society and no matter what you've been through (unless you're mentally undeveloped). if you join isis you have to go through a very difficult process over a long time, the intent is calculated and you are a danger to society if you return. I dont think we should kill them or anything, but we should charge them with attempted murder at the very least, and remove them from civilisation and give them mondo counselling because they are obv broken. but they are dangerous too.

i do agree that some things are unforgivable but i dont think these girls actually did anything that could be considered as such.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

but i dont think these girls actually did anything that could be considered as such.

They joined ISIS and broke ISIS's rules

according to ISIS they deserved to die and ISIS made good on that.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Taint Reaper posted:

ISIS is a large organization and not everyone in it is some foot solider. But you're still part of ISIS and that does make you a terrorist by default.

Literally celebrating the fact that a couple girls were groomed, recruited, turned into sex slaves, and beaten to death by terrorists is a position that cannot even be measured in Jon Pops

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

once you have complete control of someones life its not that hard to change their worldview and convince them that the henious poo poo they do its justified or propaganda or whatever the gently caress. i dont think they were cognizant of what isis actually was. hence why they attempted to escape shortly after joining

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Stupid Baby posted:

Literally celebrating the fact that a couple girls were groomed, recruited, turned into sex slaves, and beaten to death by terrorists is a position that cannot even be measured in Jon Pops

I'm not celebrating it, this is how terrorist organizations always operate and recruit new members.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

babypolis posted:

They're not running off to become Mormon wives or join Scientology. They're knowingly running off to join an organisation which tortures and kills people. They've made a conscious decision they want to be part of that.

You can argue that teenagers in general aren't good at considering long term consequences and have a tendency to romanticise stuff, but it's not like the IS is in any way secretive about what they actually do. This isn't even a matter of getting in with a "bad crowd" which ultimately ends up doing something violent kind of lapse of judgement. The teenagers who join the IS know well in advance exactly what it does and intends to continue doing. It's part of the attraction for them.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Nobody's celebrating it. We're just saying that you can't hand-wave away young men and women joining the IS as just "stupid" or "gullible" when what the IS does and stands for is so public. They want to be part of the brutality, either directly or indirectly, otherwise they'd run away to join an equally fundamentalist Islamic sect which practises sharia but not terrorism.

babypolis posted:

i dont think they were cognizant of what isis actually was. hence why they attempted to escape shortly after joining

Now you're just making poo poo up. They went there in April 2014. 18 months later isn't any reasonable person's definition of "shortly after joining".

Lolie fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

babypolis posted:

once you have complete control of someones life its not that hard to change their worldview and convince them that the henious poo poo they do its justified or propaganda or whatever the gently caress. i dont think they were cognizant of what isis actually was. hence why they attempted to escape shortly after joining

What heinous poo poo did they -actually- do? Did they mastermind a shooting? Train new recruits in IED construction? Suicide bomb a bus? Or just get conned, raped, and beaten to death?

• Locked thread