Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
voting for a survivor is dumb but Jake needs to prove he's a survivor or else he is probably scum.

also I have a new day job now and I cannot post except on my phone during breaks sorry not sorry.

hot takes:
- My concern that it's "TMM being TMM" is part of why I havent made a stink about it but you can see that I have said as such.
- I think "this case is unpersuasive and weak" is a terrible way to convince people to vote for it (almost as bad as "taking heat off Taste by voting for him"). be sensible people.
- I have vague Ill feelings about kashuno by it's gut right now.

okay break over bye!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

The way JakeP and Opop are determinedly Not Playing strikes me as off. wouldn't be surprised if one of the was scum

So this is what you came up with as your reads? Two of the easiest people to call scummy without actually having to make an actual case.

Then to top it off, you don't even call one or both of them scummy and instead finish with a hedgey statement that one them could be scum.

I still see no reason to move my vote from Chic right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Next up on my list of things people say every game!

EccoRaven posted:

- I have vague Ill feelings about kashuno by it's gut right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

So this is what you came up with as your reads? Two of the easiest people to call scummy without actually having to make an actual case.

Then to top it off, you don't even call one or both of them scummy and instead finish with a hedgey statement that one them could be scum.

I still see no reason to move my vote from Chic right now.

I'm concerned how on the same page we are this game. ##vote chic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
would vote ecco as well but idk people say she has an obvious scum game and no one is particularly hopping on her soo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm concerned how on the same page we are this game. ##vote chic

I am as well.

You're not scum juts buddying up to me, right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
actually no!

Are you?! :tinfoil:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am going to vote JakeP

##vote JakeP

Alright see you all next semester.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly I'm not scum but I don't really want play, TMM's bullshit has managed to suck the fun out of this game for me. TMM I genuinely dislike playing with you and will be making an effort not to do so again in the future, because in all seriousness gently caress you

I will note that Kash is jumping on a bunch of easy poo poo. Like how he jumped to JakeP literally minutes after I mentioned him, and both his votes on me being similar in that they've been minutes after TMM's spewed his sewage

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I like how we're 6 pages into the game and people are already refusing to play the game

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

In the interests of not making GBS threads up the game with any more negativity than this I've put in for a replacement.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Preemptively saying hi MMT you scumbo >:[

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also since chic is replacing out it's rude to keep my vote there so for now ##unvote

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

voting for a survivor is dumb but Jake needs to prove he's a survivor or else he is probably scum.

the only proof i have is my role pm but anon narcotics won't let me show that to you all which i think is unfair.

does anyone really think I would do this as scum though? I always put some effort in as scum. Also if i was going to claim survivor as scum i wouldn't do it day 1 after no pressure and after nonchallantly acting like a moron in the 3 or so posts i made prior to that point. Either way tho

My flavor is Dropout i failed out of college in year 1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Also since chic is replacing out it's rude to keep my vote there so for now ##unvote

why, if you think she is scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scum chic probably wouldn't do that. Usually only town throw tantrums

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Asiina replaces Chic Trombone

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi, ANarc skipped over MMT for some reason, so this is my triumphant return to mafia.

##vote Kashuno

It's like riding a bike.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Because I forgot she signed up to replace. I already spoke to her about it though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's okay MMT can replace me when I inevitably get ma and replace out :razz:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also PS my vote on Kashuno is real. He's being mad scummy.

Also also I think 100yrs is the most townie town to ever town.

Fairly neutral about everyone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
WELL THIS SURE HAS BEEN EXCITING!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
hi how are you Asiina

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello asiina also I just discovered i will NOT be around at deadline tomorrow, not even closely so tomorrow morning will be the last time I can check the thread. imo we should vote scum so be sure to do that!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

why, if you think she is scum

No bm

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

JakeP posted:

wait what? are you just reading each players posts individually or something? thats scummy. It takes every post outside of its relevant context and turns into who did bad thing

id vote you but you arent the vote leader

This is literally how I play every game and you should just make it a policy of yours to vote me from now on because I'm not changing it. The game is so much more readable when I break it down by player. Reading the whole thread in one go makes my eyes glaze over and I get no information. In this way I can pin point the junk posts a lot faster than the content ones. If I need context and feel like making the effort then I'll go read the adjacent post/pages but I'll admit I rarely do that because it's the quickest way to kill any interest I have in playing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

As for the rest: Jake's vote on taste is weird and I wouldn't normally believe it comes from him just being lazy but it really seems like that's the case and that's disappointing. I don't quite get Keane's Jake vote, unless he's actually taking my above point to the extreme, towards which I'd say he's going too far.

Cpig seems like town pig, because I have the impression who posts more junk posts when scum. And I like how off the cuff kash's been. I don't know what to make of chic's exit so I'm ignoring it for now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't like this post. Something bugs me about the first bit could just be the arrogance. The real issue is the 2nd part. Throws an accusation out onto Ecco, calls the turbo a joke yet Pmush is trying to link Ecco to Taste? Of course then Pmush tries to minimize the whole weird suggestion by saying it's almost-serious. Why say it at all? Weird weird post.

Going back to this post this is my strongest scum read. I'm surprised how it seems to have flown under everyone's radar. So clearly I'm very wrong about it!

##vote poison mushroom

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

As for the rest: Jake's vote on taste is weird and I wouldn't normally believe it comes from him just being lazy but it really seems like that's the case and that's disappointing.

whats disapointing to you about it? im not town, win your own game pleb scrubs, im gonna sip my mai tai in the sun with cucumbers on my eyes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

thats my twitter status when im constipated

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jake probably overplayed his scum hand

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

JakeP posted:

whats disapointing to you about it? im not town, win your own game pleb scrubs, im gonna sip my mai tai in the sun with cucumbers on my eyes

Survivor or not it's still fun to look for scum, seeing as that's the premise of the game. Why just throw your vote with no real rhyme or reason? You'd be just as well not voting.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

Jake probably overplayed his scum hand

nice try dude im voting for

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Survivor or not it's still fun to look for scum, seeing as that's the premise of the game. Why just throw your vote with no real rhyme or reason? You'd be just as well not voting.

well i am voting for the vote leader, so my vote could cause a dude to get lynched which would be impossible if i dont vote

im indifferent to who dies and will either win doing nothing, or lose not trying

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really want to move my vote from Chic/Asiina because I believe that Chic is scum (sorry Asiina), but I would vote JakeP near the deadline for being a claimed 3P with this attitude:

JakeP posted:

im indifferent to who dies and will either win doing nothing, or lose not trying

While I generally don't look to hang claimed Survivors immediately, I'm not going to let them stick around if they aren't actually going to try helping town.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Murmur Twin replaces Poison Mushroom

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

I don't really want to move my vote from Chic/Asiina because I believe that Chic is scum (sorry Asiina), but I would vote JakeP near the deadline for being a claimed 3P with this attitude:

While I generally don't look to hang claimed Survivors immediately, I'm not going to let them stick around if they aren't actually going to try helping town.

reported for game throw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

nice try dude im voting for

well i am voting for the vote leader, so my vote could cause a dude to get lynched which would be impossible if i dont vote

I'm voting myself Jake so I'm not sure what difference yours makes

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm voting myself Jake so I'm not sure what difference yours makes

how dare you discredit the importance of my vote, how dare you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jake I will vote for whoever you want if you answer my three questions correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jake my first question is:

Are the Patriots poopies?

• Locked thread