Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I see you have 13 :eng99: but feel free to hit me up if you need a replacement :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Just saying "hi" for tonight, reads and such coming tomorrow. That said,

##vote JakeP - even if he's a Survivor, it means that (a) he's not going to hunt scum, (b) he can potentially help scum late n the game, (c) scum won't be inclined to NK him, and (d) we'll never be able to prove he's 3P. I'd rather just deal with him on D1 instead of no lynching or mislynching.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Disregarding the fact that it's Murmur Twin now, does anyone want to dissuade my from my case on PMush, because I still think it's the best that can be made and it has surprised me no one has any inclination of any sort towards it or even against it.

While I'm obviously biased, I see PMush's post re: Ecco/Taste as more of a D1 hypothesis and less of a hard scum read/chain-lynch.

quote:

Looking at vote leader I don't want to have to vote Jake since it's a lazy vote and non-tell vote and it's a wasted execution on our part since we're not really furthering our goal by eliminating him.

I disagree - you're discounting the fact that Jake could be lying about being Survivor. If he's lying, I find it hard to believe that town would make that up. And if he's telling the truth, all the stuff I said when I voted (that he's admitted he's not going to try and hunt scum, that he has the ability to push LYLO up a day should scum gain the upper hand) applies.

Tommunist posted:

Is survived a powerful 3rd party role? It seems silly to put your vote down on third party rather then actually hunt for scum

---

And by silly I mean scummy.

These posts are suspicious to me - they feel more like "trying to have content out there" than looking for scum. The typical follow-up to "___ is scummy" is to case someone but there's no follow-up here.

Tomm - any reads?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Flavor is relevant in this game so you probably shouldn't tell anyone!

JakeP posted:

My flavor is Dropout i failed out of college in year 1

While I acknowledge that D1 flavor cases are generally weaksauce, it's on my mind so I'll say it - the idea of someone who failed out of college year 1 and dropped out being a Survivor in this game doesn't make sense to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

I like how we're 6 pages into the game and people are already refusing to play the game

HiipFire posted:

I haven't read all the posts yet but I don't like people who are abstaining scumhunting and just voting jakep

HiipFire posted:

im just saying that people that aren't considering anything but jakep are suspicious

also there have been enough cases posted during this day to have atleast an opinion on more than just jakep

I see these posts as scummy in that he's posting about generalizations ("people are already refusing to play", "people who are abstaining scumhunting", "people that aren't considering anything but jakep", "enough cases posted throughout the day") instead of making specific posts about which people/cases/posts are suspicious. It reads like someone skimming over the thread and summarizing things instead of bringing new opinions to the table.

I still think Jake is the best vote but right now Tomm/Hiip are my two biggest reads for potential scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

JakeP posted:

i also smoked weed in college, and before college and after college

I don't smoke weed anymore.

I don't smoke weed any less....I pretty much smoke the same amount as I always have.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So what is your typical amount per day?

According to the dates on my phone, it took me 44 days to smoke through an ounce by myself. So roughly an eighth every 5.5 days, probably more on weekends and less on weekdays.

I was going to do some clever in-character math equation post to answer this but :effort:

Opopanax posted:

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

I had tickets to see Mitch Hedburg live some 11 years ago but something came up and so I decided "gently caress it, I'll catch him next time". :eng99: :rip:

Kashuno posted:

All club drugs are legal in the Netherlands provided you bring only enough for yourself and do not give them to anyone else; they also have "Drug tents" that allow you to check the purity of your drugs so you know they aren't laced.

Coincidentally I'm going to a trance show in the Netherlands in February

We have DanceSafe and the Bunk Police in the states but a lot of event organizers are shitheads to them because they "will encourage people to use drugs" :rolleyes:

OK back to game stuff:

JakeP posted:

how has this day one been obnoxious, nothing has happened and people are relegating themselves to voting someone they don't think is scum because meh its better than nothing. I think apathetic is the corret word to describe this day 1

What are your thoughts on Tomm / Hiip? I think they're as/more likely to be scum than you, it's just that I feel like there's a 0% chance you're town whereas there's a chance I could be wrong about them. Anyone can feel free to answer that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm going to put down my vote on kashuno for his Jake P, plus the other case on him

##vote Kashuno

What is scummy about Kash's vote? Regardless of it being right or wrong, why do you think he's scum? Can you explain the case on Kash in your own words?

Tommunist posted:

I'm gonna try and b a functioning adult and use my precious day time hours for something ultimately prodfuctive (i will not be baxk for lynch wooo)

Oh. For the record I'm 50/50 on voting either Jake or Tomm.

Jake - what was the logic in claiming Survivor that early?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

tbh JakeP has put a lot more effort into this game than some people including me and I'd keep him in the game for now seeing as I'd rather vote someone that might flip scum

What makes you think Jake won't flip scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'll vote either Jake or Tommunist since I think they're both but have a strong preference for Jake and am keeping my vote there for now. I'll switch to avoid a no-lynch if need be.

To me the case on Jake (specifically over Tomm) is

- Tomm is either town or scum, Jake is either 3P or scum
- If Tomm isn't scum, he could be a town PR and mislynching him would be a Strong Misplay
- If Jake isn't scum, we still take out someone who might help scum out down the road
- "college dropout" sounds like a scum role more than a survivor role in a college-flavored game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

This right here. It's like "wow golly sure is lame he won't be around but he's 100% scum so who cares right?" It's very leading and trying to make it sound like the tomm case is open and shut and that puts me on edge.

I actually agree with this point fwiw. Based on other peoples' posts I'm feeling like Tomm is town that scum identified as the easiest person to scapegoat.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly you Jake voters have good reason to vote him. Only thing I can say is that we can take care of Jake at any time since he's a (well-enough) known entity.

I feel like it's as open-and-shut as they come yet we don't seem to be able to pull it off. How potentially losing two town will make it any easier D2?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Honestly you Jake voters have good reason to vote him. Only thing I can say is that we can take care of Jake at any time since he's a (well-enough) known entity.

The main thing I have against my case is that Tommunist isn't here to clear anything up. I'd feel awful if he was a power role and we just killed him. It's very reasonable argument to make.

Yet ultimately I like standing by my own cases when I can and I do stand by this case.

Explain to me again the part where you'd feel awful taking out a town PR but refuse to switch your vote to someone who is, at best, slightly worse than VT?

Right now my money is on a Jake/100 scumteam.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I really hope Asiina or Opop comes in and hammers since Ecco and Tomm aren't going to be here and I think 100 years and Hiip are now gone too.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

who wants to take credit for killing Keane??

Me!

That has nothing to do with this game though. :j: I had nothing to do with his in-game death.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tommunist posted:

Re-reading through people/ the thread, but kinda cooling of CPig as scum, not so keen on kashuno, but gonna fully re-read him, havn't read ecco/TTM so gonna have a looksies aat them.

(a) Why make this post instead of just reading Kash/Ecco/TMM/whoever and casing people?
(b) Talk me through what you think about Kash and why

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

D1:

EccoRaven posted:

voting for a survivor is dumb but Jake needs to prove he's a survivor or else he is probably scum.

D2:

EccoRaven posted:

yeah tmm you led the jake vote yesterday which was a Very Bad Vote since it was on a not-scum and had I been around I'd have told you all it was bad.

EccoRaven posted:

gut + some early bad posts he made towards me + his support of the jake vote (a bad vote remember!) + thinking last night while drunk and tired that it'd be a hassle to actually get a vote on him going since I don't have the time or effort to parse through all his posts and make a case and I figured worst case he dies and flips town so who cares whatever. vOv

had you all not voted jake (a bad vote) I'd have used it on him, since vigging blind is dangerous but vigging a claimed survivor is a great use of town resources.

(voting for one isn't!)

I feel like Ecco's story is inconsistent.

On D1, he was at least open to the idea that Jake might be scum. But then on D2 he's trying to sell himself as someone who was staunchly against the vote on Jake, and that if only he was here would he have talked us out of it. He implies that the reason TMM is scum is that he was leading the charge on Jake, even though me/Taste/Pig (off the top of my head) were also very much in on it.

Also, the thought process used to rationalize vigging Keane doesn't sound like it came from someone who didn't know Keane's alignment. If he didn't have time to make a case/parse through his posts, why vig him over someone he was accusing of being scum D1? If his reaction to possibly vigging town is "who cares whatever" then why hassle TMM about Very Bad Play?

##vote Ecco

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Normally I'd unvote since we have over a day until deadline and ecco is at -2, but Ecco's reaction is so poor that I think it's fine to just lynch her now.

I just realized I hosed up pronouns in my last post - sorry Ecco! :eng99:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I mean let's be clear here what do you think was my gameplan from this? State my (expressly unpersuasive) feelings on TMM, hoping that Keane (my scumbuddy?) would die so I could then make my case stronger against TMM to justify a vote for him?

In a world where you're scum, I'd assume your plan was to drop the "vigilante" code at the start of the game, vig a scumbro, take credit for it knowing no one would counterclaim you, and then try to ride town credit to the end of the game. It would also explain the lack of a town NK.

That said, it's tough to just blanket assume that at this point, so I'm fine exploring other avenues since there's plenty of time before deadline. ##unvote

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

In a world where you're scum, I'd assume your plan was to drop the "vigilante" code at the start of the game, vig a scumbro, take credit for it knowing no one would counterclaim you, and then try to ride town credit to the end of the game. It would also explain the lack of a town NK.

That said, it's tough to just blanket assume that at this point, so I'm fine exploring other avenues since there's plenty of time before deadline. ##unvote

Mafia edit for clarity: when I said "vig a scumbro" I meant "NK a scumbro"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm going to put down my vote on kashuno for his Jake P, plus the other case on him, would also vote Pig, who seems to be basically lurking, and that seemed to be the tactic he used last time i played scum with him. I'm not going to vote JakeP

##vote Kashuno

would also consider the other people with a vote on jake, but need to re-read them fully.

Tommunist posted:

Re-reading through people/ the thread, but kinda cooling of CPig as scum, not so keen on kashuno, but gonna fully re-read him, havn't read ecco/TTM so gonna have a looksies aat them.

Tommunist posted:

I'm really not getting scum vibes anymore from kashuno, my case on day one was based on not really thinking JakeP was a good vote, but i'm not really seeing JakeP as a bad vote anymore (as well as the other case on him not being amazing) , still need to re-read some other people so might come back to him but for now not getting the kashuno vibes~~

##vote Tommunist

(a) I see the constant promising of reading the game / providing content as a scumtell. (bolded stuff above)
(b) If he's not reading the game thoroughly, I find it hard to believe the one updated read he has was that Asii's case on Kash was good on D1 and bad on D2 (italics'ed stuff above)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I killed Keane over him though because honestly I think it wouldn't be too difficult to get a vote going against TMM, because regardless of his alignment he tends to put his foot in his mouth and talk himself into a noose

EccoRaven posted:

imo he's scum! why don't people think he's scum? is the case on tommunist totally unrelated to him?

Can you show/tell me what about his posts in this game are different from how he usually acts regardless of his alignment?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

D1

Kashuno posted:

##vote Tomm gonna try this. His vote on me was bad and lazy, trying to keep the steamtrain on me going was bad.

D2

Kashuno posted:

I think it's just that so far this game my reads and the majority reads seem to intertwine. It happens on occasion, although I don't get the tomm case worth poo poo and think 100 is probably scum

Can you explain what your current read on Tomm is? I'm curious what he's posted since D1 that made you go from "his vote was bad and lazy" to "I don't get the tomm case worth poo poo".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Tomm isn't providing a ton of content, but I'm not feeling him very confidently today as I was yesterday and, in addition, the case against him right now isn't one I particularly agree with. 100 seems more like scum to me.

What about it don't you agree with?

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Tommunist

(a) I see the constant promising of reading the game / providing content as a scumtell. (bolded stuff above)
(b) If he's not reading the game thoroughly, I find it hard to believe the one updated read he has was that Asii's case on Kash was good on D1 and bad on D2 (italics'ed stuff above)

Like I feel very strong about Tomm being scum and I'm just curious to hear you argue devil's advocate.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'm curious why you find Tomm scummy for saying he will reread while offering opinions such as:

Are you bothered by this?

I'll answer yours after you answer mine. Why don't you think Tomm is scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Opopanax posted:

So, why doesn't anyone think Ecco is an SK?

It never occured to me! But we already had a Survivor and two 3Ps in a 13-player game feels like a lot.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Regarding Taste - despite his not reading much, I believe that his opinions (Jake being a good vote, Ecco's claim likely being true) are genuine opinions. My case isn't "people who aren't reading are scum". My case is that in Tomm's votes for you, he twice references "the other case on you".

Tommunist posted:

I'm going to put down my vote on kashuno for his Jake P, plus the other case on him

Tommunist posted:

b) I'm really not getting scum vibes anymore from kashuno, my case on day one was based on not really thinking JakeP was a good vote, but i'm not really seeing JakeP as a bad vote anymore (as well as the other case on him not being amazing)

For reference, here is the other case on you.

Asiina posted:

Enough about that though, I don't know if you are scum, but I do think Kashuno is scum and want to make a case. He's done a lot of contentless voting, including voting Chic, unvoting, and then voting for her again, all based on Madman's points but doesn't explain what he likes about them.

Kashuno, what about Madman's original case did you like that was changed by Chic not voting Madman, and then how did that relate to your later vote on her?

I also don't like the comments about metagame that don't involve giving opinions about people while still looking like he's active:

I also don't understand this thing with Ecco.

So was Ecco's post a scum post? Why do you want to vote for Ecco? Why does other people's meta reads matter? What is going on.

This is a poorly formatted case, since some of it is talking about Kashuno and some of it is talking to Kashuno, but this is my case against Kashuno, please everyone read it and vote with me tia.

My assertion is that he's claiming to have read this case, enough for it to have been the driving force between his vote D1 and to have dismissed it on D2. I don't think he's telling the truth, given that he hasn't had a solid opinion on anything else in the game yet.

Kashuno posted:

Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great.

[citation needed]

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

While I think there exists a nonzero chance of Ecco being scum, I don't see it as likely nor do I see a reason to need to address it D1. Right now my money is on Kash/Tomm for scum.

Kashuno posted:

Perhaps it is the amount of times Tomm has said it, but eh. Tomm seems to be at least attempting to put in some effort, even if it isn't great. I don't really think his content is strong, but I also don't think it's coming from a fake place. In retrospect, based on the rest of his play, his d1 vote on me makes more sense.

Murmur Twin posted:

[citation needed]

I was being serious, what posts led you to these conclusions? I don't see how you can read over his post history and come to the conclusion that "he's put in effort" or that "it's [not] coming from a fake place" or that his vote on you makes sense.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

While I think there exists a nonzero chance of Ecco being scum, I don't see it as likely nor do I see a reason to need to address it D1.

Mafia edit: D2.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

A changing of opinion, accompanied by other opinions. Words don't necessarily mean effort

First quote summary: scumreads on you + Pig because you voted for Jake, also on you because of "the case on you"
Second quote summary: Pig isn't as scummy, but Kash still might be pending a reread. No read on Ecco/TMM but plans to read them.
Third quote summary: Kash isn't as scummy, "the case on you" isn't good

If I'm missing something please feel free to fill me in but I don't see how those last two quotes made you go from voting him D1 to not being suspicious of him D2.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh wow I just realized deadline is in 3 hours.

Kashuno posted:

I think we might just have to agree to disagree here. I've not really been bothered by tomms d2 content as he has been acting how I feel town tomm acts.

To be clear, you're referring to the three total posts on D2 he made that contain literally no reads/cases?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

but service sucks on my commute so there's that.

I can think of at least two ways to interpret this, both of which are true.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm heading home and probably destined to be sitting in traffic for at least the next hour but I feel like I've made my opinions known. I should be around before deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:argh:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I was 100% sure Kash was scum after Tomm flipped cop and then I got NKed :( GG scum, thanks ANarc!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

No you're the worst.

100yrs and asiina are bad town.

I've found that it's often more productive to reflect on what changes I could have made to my game than it is to accuse others of being "bad", if for no other reason than it's all just an internet game that we play for fun.

edit: I quoted TMM there but that goes out to anyone it applies to

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

You are a SECRET SANTA! You wish to have a Merry Christmas to all, and as such, win when your Santee receives a present on or before Christmas Day (12/25). Your Santee is:

Kashuno

CCKeane posted:

Hey Kash, a little elf told me that they're happy that you liked the gift haha! They also said they'd be back. Oh yes, oh yes they'd be back, as long as there is work in Boston and they have a plain unmarked white van.

I've included a picture so you can try to spot them!

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I came clean and met up with Kash to give him the rest of his gifts, planning ways to troll him was funner than actually applying :effort:

Geez, that was the perfect triple-cross. I'll never plot to troll Kash again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Sorry but that's not going to happen here. I directly told everyone exactly what I was and maintained that position until I was hung. There was absolutely no reason to suspect I was anything other than town. Asiina simply didn't like my play style and voted me for it. I'm not sure what 100yrs was thinking. CPig is the only one I'll forgive for my lynch because he was getting the job done. Although he still probably should have no lynched me.

Why do you think I never looked twice at CPig? It's because I saw his claim in his very first post.

Town simply blew this game and never once looked at Ecco because she had claimed vig.

Is there anything you could have done differently that might have prevented this? (that's a genuine question and not an attempt to be snarky)

• Locked thread