Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Who is your giftee: My Mother in law
Budget: Around $20 - $30
Giftee's age: Mid-50s
Known likes/interests: Nutcrackers, Alice in Wonderland, Firefly/Serenity, cute animals
Known hates/allergies: Vegetarian since she was 11, clothes (hates receiving clothes as a gift, she doesn't hate clothing as a concept...)
Type of gift you are looking for: Something practical but sweet - that description nails it
Ideas that you've had or gifts that have been enjoyed in the past: Large, acorn shaped candle holder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Brennanite posted:

I'll go first, because I fear this is going to take a while. I need help, people!

Who is your giftee: Brother
Budget: ~$25
Giftee's age: 24
Known likes/interests: I don't know!
Known hates/allergies: Lots, but none relevant
Type of gift you are looking for: Anything!
Ideas that you've had or gifts that have been enjoyed in the past: I've given him fancy jerky and video games, but that time feels past. He spends his time working or going to class. He doesn't drink, has no beard, doesn't care about his appearance and my Mom still feeds him, so not interested in cooking.

A gift card to the movies, or a book store or cool local store?

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Sooo you guys did such an amazing job on when I asked about my mother in law, I come to you a second time. I feel like the only person left to really buy for is my Dad. I hope you guys can hit the nail on the head again!

Who is your giftee: My Dad
Budget: Around $50, but I would be willing to go a little bit higher.
Giftee's age: 75
Known likes/interests: Fishing, survival, Native American history, guns, camping
Known hates/allergies: Not very techy, prefers not to receive clothing (though part of his gift will involve fleece lined jeans because he's always cold)
Ideas that you've had or gifts that have been enjoyed in the past: CDs of a music group called Sacred Spirit, carving tools

My Dad is the type of guy who will literally tell you he wants nothing for Christmas, which makes it tough. He always spoils me (got me a sewing machine that I had been lusting over last year), and I really want to get him something he will love. I thought of going to this Native Craft Store and getting him a soap stone carving kit, but that's about it, idea wise. My boyfriend will also be trying to come up with ideas for him, probably in the $20 - $30 region, so any suggestions that way would be great too.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, they've always been very good! :ohdear:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

You guys are amazing, yet again. Thank you, seriously. I don't know much about outdoor stuff so you helped a lot.

Especially the Reel cleaning kit. I'm gonna pick that up and have the bf pay me back. What a great idea! :)

Seriously I can't thank you all enough!

• Locked thread