Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Hey OP, there's a 2015 goon-made gifts thread now. :) I have some little bobby pins with cloth flowers from Mountain Musings that my SASS santa gave me last year. They're beautiful!

For a while, I kept associating Angry Turtle jewelry with The_Angry_Turtle, who bitches and moans in E/N about girls not wanting to go out with him and life being so unfair, and I was suuuuper confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Who is your giftee: Dad
Budget: $100
Giftee's age: 65
Known likes/interests: Literally nothing
Known hates/allergies: Literally nothing
Type of gift you are looking for: Literally anything
Ideas that you've had or gifts that have been enjoyed in the past: Literally nothing

Are you my sister??

I usually give a shirt or a sweater with a gift receipt. Food gift baskets might be good, too. (It was a stand-by for my dad until he got all weird with food and started claiming he only eats oranges and mangoes, which is totally not true.) If your mom's there, if he hates the food, she can eat it instead! To me, it's the effort that counts--"well, I tried."

My dad actually does have interests, but it's the kind of thing where I definitely can't afford any of the camera equipment he likes, and there is zero chance that he'll like any accessory or non-equipment photography thing I could think of. SO... it's possible for someone to not be some total anhedonic shell of a person and still not like anything that might be giftable. Or enjoy others' company. If I tried to take my dad somewhere or otherwise make memories, he'd be like "wtf why." So I feel ya, Bloody Hedgehog.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I've never had any Darn Tough socks myself, but they have a lifetime guarantee! That's very impressive.

Red posted:

Also: Avoid any generic brands of hiking socks. They're stocked at K-Mart for a reason.

I bought cheap non-merino wool hiking socks once and wore them exactly once. Oh, the itching... :(

• Locked thread