Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gotcha. I envy you man, my materialism would prevent me from living in such a small place. I wish I could eject half the junk in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Gotcha. I envy you man, my materialism would prevent me from living in such a small place. I wish I could eject half the junk in my life.

Whaddya think we did? :D

tbh, theres about a 2500 sq-ft house inside this bus... I'm just hella good at compartmentalizing everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

tbh, theres about a 2500 sq-ft house inside this bus... I'm just hella good at compartmentalizing everything.

My poo poo owns me, I don't own it. Also the lady would murder me if I said we were moving into an RV.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

I wouldn't have anywhere to put my Audis if we moved into a big bug.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

My poo poo owns me, I don't own it. Also the lady would murder me if I said we were moving into an RV.

It took me a few a few years of workin on him to realize this mentality. its starting to click with him slooowly that if we hit a point of critical mass we can just start this gently caress up and go anywhere.

(a box trailer to be towed by the ford is gonna come soon, we still are anchored by shop space. its keeping me from doing any fabrication due to its distance from the bus. )

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Someone is recovered enough to hold 50lb. Progress time!

2 more roof panels up, that brings the ceiling to being more than half done.

we've decided to skin -in- the interior walls, reducing the interior width by 2". this will add another ~30% insulation to the bus walls. eventually I'll probably skin 2" to the exterior. We're also looking at going with 80/20 for interior refinements. it'll allow more flexibility with the floor plan, be meproof, and likely means we could do some actual science in this fucker.
plus we keep breaking ourselves and this poo poo is beginning to suck dongs.

old low voltage conduit, new low voltage conduit, and a cat6 line. using styro for this because of vibrations. (yes its glued, no squeaks dammit)

Doors are next, and one more panel gonna go on the ceiling proobably within the next few days.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Nothing constructive to comment, but the red/night driving lights make this into a cross between a Colonial Marines APC and a living room on wheels. So boss!

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

drat, that is a GNARLY scar.

Glad he's healed up enough to get back to cranking on the bus. This thing is amazing, great to see progress.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
stupid inner stitches are being rejected, so he's still having random sores popping open to spit out a stitch.. its gross.

Sooo ~the bay area~ continues to kick us while we are down. we've made the decision to relocate to southern california closer to friends in December. Davids bike got impounded in SF yesterday, resulting in half a grand right off the bat in towing charges. Enough is Enough.

I've been working on getting the drivetrain poo poo done. I need to do front airbags asap, and probably 4 or 5 rear tires.

Batteries pulled out for a fluid levels check. Inverter and associated wiring was also removed in preperations to install plywood over that section.

2x oil temp, dual air pressure gauge, air filter restriction, turbo boost added. Note I was gonna add one where the hand throttle is. yeah it would require a second or third elbow to get at the connections under the floor, gently caress that noise.

Air gauges have some different fittings so I need ot make some time to get adapter parts. I'll probably wire the temp gauges after we move. That leads us to the next thing.
We're moving out. were over it. I want to live in something a little more finished. this was planned for 3-4 weeks, but given our year, its been dragging on and on.
we'll resume building it post move, and it'll give us a little more freedom since we aren't having to shuffle poo poo around to do any one thing. We're planning to go with 80/20 type stuff for the interior as it'll probably hold up better to overlanding.

Bonus fuse panel, because I know you fucks get painfully erect seeing old bus fuseboxes.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 27, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sorry to hear about your troubles :( loving bay area.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Sorry to hear you're abandoning it as a full-timer, but I have to say, as someone who has owned a legitimate RV that didn't need to be converted, you were paddling down solid poo poo creek at an impressive rate. I hope y'all can get decompressed and finish hausbus when you're ready.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lighting fixes!

just some bad grounds.

Front clearance light is a little more extreme:

new socket and bulb, its fine for now.

new bulb on the street side.

gently caress yeah lights done. Need to source 5 tires, including 1 steer, swap front airbags, and tie up some loose ends in the dash in ~1 month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looking good. Hope your personal problems and his medical issues are all improving!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

TIRES ACQUIRED.

Got a pretty alright deal on em. also thats 800 pounds of loving tires.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Yaaay bus updates!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
BROKEBACKBANGBUS UPDATE.

Yeah we're gonna stay in the bay area, but go to living in a house.

Originally wanted to relocate to the high deserts of socal, but potentially commuting to la would have really sucked.
Living closer to LA put us back into tight apartments/houses + high rent cost not making it worth the move.

That said we've found a few places in norcal with a garage. others with dedicated rv parking.

The bus goes into cold storage for the next ~6 mos to afford us a cool down time, we revisit when ready and actually do something with it.

that said, there is tires for it now, and fresh bags too. it'd be useful to gut out the temp conversion and use this thing as our toyhauler for road trips and such.

(shoulda bought the 46" XML/XZL tires goddammittttttt)

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 26, 2016

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bus is now in storage. Thats it for now.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The bus shall rise again

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

2017: The Year of the Big Trucks in AI.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cursedshitbox posted:

Bus is now in storage. Thats it for now.

Can we talk about the Z?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

slothrop posted:

Can we talk about the Z?

Yes, do. :allears:

• Locked thread