Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Jeeps gone!

Banged out some quick poo poo on the truck this weekend.

ancient radio with aux input installed. :v: marine grade, aintcare.

passenger side kingpin bushing. these are likely original. its distorted but not bad.

Drivers side is pretty distorted. the nylon cup sits in the top of the knuckle. theres a cap with a pretty stout spring in it that handles pre-load. when these get tired you get deathwobbles.
Now to address the alignment!

PO replaced all of the steering components. thanks for the anti-seize buddy. :3:
Eyeball aligned it. doesnt pull @80mph. Pretty pleased.

Lastly, turn the IP down so it'll quit being a piece of poo poo brotruck. PO installed STAGE 1 INJECTORS (bro) and it smokes like a sombitch cause theres no turbo. I am not ok with this.

Pop the screw cover off, set the locating pin to 12 o' clock.

Pop the throttle cables off (I have big gorilla hands) and pull a small cover off the side of the IP. it'll piss some fuel. reach in with an allen and adjust accordingly.
It smokes a shitload less, but still more than I want. prob should go another 1/8 of a turn.

Gonna repack the muffler on the bike this evening. probably throwing new tires at the truck this next weekend and addressing the tired U joints.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah I didnt repack the exhaust like a chump. Instead the spouse and I threw hours at the EZ-bake oven.
Admittedly yesterday when it was 91F here, it was still a fairly comfy 75 inside, buuuut it can always be better.

Pulled the Curb side window and interior panel, Turns out there is zero loving insulation back there.

Evidence of its' siblings origins as a schoolie. Also this wall is solid as all gently caress. I can't bow it for poo poo with the window removed. this pleases me.

I get window duty while he insulates that section. Mind you I thought this was anodized amber. No, it was just that loving gross. I also tinted that window.
I'm horrible at tint, why did I sign up for this

His projects coming together quite nice.

meanwhile I'm chipper by having to tint pitted lovely old glass. (motion windows will be getting our money...)

Finished birch trimmed and hung.

window re-installed with fresh sealant.

Interior side.
Wed we plan to replace the streetside wall, then some fold-away laptop tables will be built.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
This thing is looking great! I guess with a project like this, weight is not really a concern?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Astonishing Wang posted:

This thing is looking great! I guess with a project like this, weight is not really a concern?

Weight is a concern, but it isn't. it weighs 28,000 as a empty boxtruck. GVWR is 48,500lb. GCVWR is 80 thousand.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Streetside done. first coat of paint on.
mother gently caress tinting windows.
streetside window frame is as solid as a wet noodle. seals are all shot too and the two layers are delaminating.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

cursedshitbox posted:

Jeeps gone!

Banged out some quick poo poo on the truck this weekend.

ancient radio with aux input installed. :v: marine grade, aintcare.

Who the hell puts a Caterpillar shift knob on something powered by a Cornbinder?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

Who the hell puts a Caterpillar shift knob on something powered by a Cornbinder?

god loving drat I know right. (I'mma throw the old bus shift knob on it when I find it again, I hate the cat knob)

The same kinda guy that paints a cummins cat friggin yellow.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Drove to Excremento, CASacramento, CA yesterday and picked these up, guy threw in H1 wheels too.

Doesn't rub going lock to lock. engine doesnt seem to care about the increase in radius.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That looks absurdly perfect.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Yeah that looks really good. Very balloon-y.

Kinda wish mine was a 4x4 so I could do that.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Truck looks bitchin!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

A worthy service vehicle for the land zeppelin.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The truck looks fuckin awesome with the new wheels and tires, absolutely :perfect:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
:kimchi: you guys.

Ford poo poo:
alignment has been hosed with, hosed with, and hosed with some more. this has been the first vehicle I've had to break out the markers with. Its down to less than 1/10* of a degree. still not good enough for me, I'm bouncing lasers off it when I get the bushes replaced.

I ordered a vss gear for 35"s. as luck would have it, I ended up with 37"s. Dammit! at least its only 5mph off, and not 17.

slip yoke seal pissing like woah. gonna tackle this, both rear u joints, and a bw1356 oil pump mod all at the same time in the future.

this bitch with essentially 3 vss units. 1 mechanical, one hall effect in the mechanical unit pictured, and one in the rear diff. (also dat ground clearance)

I've turned the fueling down another 1/6 turn. BAD loving IDEA. had to drop to third to get over a small overpass bridge.
moved it 1/12 of a turn back to more, bumped timing 1* advanced. No more smoke at idle, it still smokes around 3 grand, but thats expected. Its... perky now. I'll have to verify the timing, but california requires a higher minimum cetane anyways, so whatever for now.

Me dicking with the pump

Wifes bike burned the rear tire off, so gotta do that first off since he's sold his jeep.

Found him a good used set for stupid cheap, aww yee. this is how pros transport rubber.

while I'm putting this on, guy shows up and buys my spank'd 35's for almost 200 dollars. kickass.

BUS STUFF:

Teaser of the work up front. this has caused us to fall into a well of sub projects to get the front section further along.

Moving the electrical panel. Originally this fucker was intended to go on the (temp) shower's frame, but seeing as how we've gone retarded due to my prior knee injury and started building out the opposite end first, this new location will be the final home of the electrical panel.
This had to get done right-the-gently caress-now to finish laying out the front section and wiring it.

lastly. the drz is now eating about half a quart per thousand. god-damned-stock cylinder. I'm turning it into a 470 in late may/early june.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
2016; the year in which we break poo poo.

David built some kickin' rad little test tables outta flimsy rear end pine. we'll use walnut or the like for the final. 2-3 weeks in, still like the idea. They fold flat when not in use.
Not pictured, I've ran the data/power cables for the cameras and lights. This weekend was planned to install both, however david got hit in a crosswalk last night. shattered his arm, road rash and cut up his face. No concussion or organ damage. driver was doing 35mph, blew a red. No confirmed details on if the (drunk?)driver stopped or anything. Will know more tomorrow.
:nms::nms:

I've turned the drz into a 470. its fun.

boring details. automatic decomp fell apart while cam was out. got lucky!, battery wasn't up to the 12.6:1 so that got swapped, clutch springs and clutch are about done.

Ford had a pissing v/c gasket. addressed it a while back.

pretty clean for a 25 year old engine.

Basically the past month in a nutshell.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

drat, that looks painful :( I hope his recovery doesn't take too long.

The bus is starting to look good though!

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
With IOC's permission and CSB's permission, I have set up a gofundme for David's medical bills. All money goes to them to help them through this.

https://www.gofundme.com/25khc8b4

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'll dump some in the fund when I get paid this week for sure. Get well soon David!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I was very sorry to hear this morning that David had gotten hurt, and I hope he recovers fully soon.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That looks like a real nasty break, I hope he recovers soon with no permanent damage.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I hope they find the fucker. If they aren't hitting your Land Rover, they are hitting your lover.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Oh, man. That looks like it sucks. Hope he gets well soon!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
You guys rule, its seriously amazing. that link went on to some of davids online/irl friends and its gone kinda bonkers.

Confirmed hit and run. Ongoing investigation. I'm going to the scene in a few and talk to some shop owners to get camera feeds.
some poo poo left David for dead. this, this ain' very nice. :fuckoff: :commissar:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I hope you find the guy and get to put burning pine needles under his fingernails or something :shobon:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Worst part is usually hit and run means uninsured driver. :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

Even insurance wouldn't save his rear end from prosecution.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
No, being in a car will save him from prosecution.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

I've only had 1 incident with a hit and run driver in CA and dude ended up being an illegal which meant he was obviously uninsured. I wonder how that would work in SF since it's a sanctuary city?

In any case, CSB your bus is looking amazing and hopefully David has a quick recovery.

keykey fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 24, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jamal posted:

No, being in a car will save him from prosecution.

Only if he never stops driving.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Even insurance wouldn't save his rear end from prosecution.

Yeah, but at the same time his insurance would still pay out. They can prosecute all they want, but trying to get medical compensation's a hard road.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, but at the same time his insurance would still pay out. They can prosecute all they want, but trying to get medical compensation's a hard road.

Thankfully CSB's got good people here who are going to help with that. Insured or not I hope they catch that guy and gently caress his life up.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cobra insurance re-instated thanks to the help of you guys. Still no word from the PD on the fuckers that started this to begin with. He's gonna sort out the ortho doctor tomorrow and get things lined up. He's getting fairly mobile again which is also good. Looking less and less like the Terminater as Kastein says.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Cobra insurance re-instated thanks to the help of you guys. Still no word from the PD on the fuckers that started this to begin with. He's gonna sort out the ortho doctor tomorrow and get things lined up. He's getting fairly mobile again which is also good. Looking less and less like the Terminater as Kastein says.

The lover is made of liquid metal.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

The lover is made of liquid metal.

By the time our 20th is around we probably will be. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

Glad to hear he's patching up nicely, and hope the cops get their hands on that fucker.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
gently caress the cops, I hope the triads get their hands on him.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
David's big day is on the 6th. Docs out on fuckin vacation how convenient.

Bonus video of another loving Infiniti trying to up and squish my sorry rear end. Best part was the "tiny penis" symbol as I rode by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-gnbeh7Hs

Made a personals ad, Hope he messages me. I'd love to show him what lies beneath.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

cursedshitbox posted:

Best part was the "tiny penis" symbol as I rode by.

From a guy in a giant luxury SUV? Rich.

I have a fleeting and thankfully low-res mental image of you hulking out, jumping from bike to hood of SUV and smashing his windscreen with your cock.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
You don't need me to tell you, but this project is crazy, but awesome. I definitely don't have the balls for something like this.

On lanesplitting, I've never lived in CA, but have driven there plenty of times... I think I'm the exact opposite of that Infiniti driver where I get worried about the riders threading the needle and possibly getting hurt. How often is there news of someone crashing doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I see a downed bike regularly. this week was 2 down. a bmw gsa and some flavor of gixxer. I log 75 miles per day of *that* poo poo. Generally, hold your line and we're all good. don't drift or yank towards me. I split between buses/trucks regularly, those guys don't wander around and are pretty steady predictable drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigHmrreAm8
This is me snaking through sf during peak commute.

all I've done lately is some much needed scrubbing on the moto and its 800 mile dino >> syn oil change + rejet and valve check.

step one: strip all the plastics, tip the cow and scratch its belly.

Found a rock had been thrown into the headlight at some point though. :(
I vaguely know the huge hella ralleye lamp is the same optic, but they're not easy to get or cheap. I'm just gonna seal it with a little clear silicone and make a plastic protector to go over it.

Todays fun filled party will be getting davids moto lifted so I can take it to work once a week. its also getting a chain and oil change.

E: also bribing my manager at work with a couple bottles of wine to install the new graphics on both bikes. I seriously suck balls at those things.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 28, 2016

• Locked thread