Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This is a 2-hour talk by a doctor who has studied hoarding. You can't see his slides, which is kind of dumb, but it's a good talk that explains more of what hoarding is. It's associated with having a very visual memory (true for me) and is often co-morbid with depression and anxiety (also true for me). Between this and the KonMari method cleaning videos people post online, I've been starting to get a handle on my own hoarding. My room isn't anywhere near as bad as these pictures though. It just takes a long time to clean because there's a lot of stuff.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Only one story
Years ago a couple of people shared their stories of working on rent-to-own businesses. It was amazing. Please share more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Dooky Dingo posted:

You asked for it, buddy.

So horrible, so satisfying. Thank you.

Jimmy Noskill posted:

A few years ago a new friend of my wife and I started having some family issues. To cut a long story short, we offered to let her stay with us. I gave her my office and we moved all of her stuff in. We didn't bother her in there for the most part, but over time we started to notice things. Dishes kept disappearing, a strange odor came from the room, that sort of thing. The few times that we went in there we were flabbergasted by what we saw; we're not the neatest people in the world but we do have standards.

She doesn't live with us any more, thankfully.
Re-reading this thread and I got depressed because my space looks so much worse than this. Man, all the sorting and decluttering I did after reading that Marie Kondo book, and it's still a garbage dump.

• Locked thread