Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

There's a Hoarding marathon on TLC right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Caffeinated Bacon posted:

About 9 years ago I responded to a check the welfare call at an upscale apartment complex. Apparently there were custody issues between an estranged mother and father over their young daughter. The dad called 911 and wanted us to make sure his daughter was safe. Usually these calls are total bullshit, but not that night. We made contact with the mother and were invited inside. The two bedroom apartment was filled with straight garbage. The kitchen was impassable with pizza boxes and Styrofoam take out containers. The oven was packed with leftover food and paper plates; the sink was no longer visible beneath the pile of dishes and food. The refrigerator running but was propped open with more garbage. The floor was no longer visible anywhere, it was all garbage and clothes. Anything I kicked with my boots sent an intrusion of cockroaches scurrying in every direction. The small German ones you just know that will try and hitchhike out with you. At one point we all went back out to our cars to blouse our boots and wrap them up with duck tape. Keep in mind this was once a very nice apartment. Granite countertops, vaulted ceilings, Spa style bathroom etc.

So while there’s nothing particularly unusual about a hoarder I’ll never forget this one because the woman was a stripper. So in the middle of all the trash are dollar bills. There was cash everywhere, George Washington watching our every move. They were stuck to plates, on the floor, in mystery liquids, everywhere. Just thousands of dollars tossed around like unwanted receipts. In addition to the money there were the stripper outfits and toys. The closer you got to her bedroom the more you noticed the thongs, giant heels, sequined bikinis and dildo flotsam on her trash lagoon. The only clear spot in the apartment was about half of her bed. She kept it clear because it’s where she performed for her cam show.

What does blouse mean

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Unsure if Hoarder I-Spy was the last thread about hoarding or not, but here you go.

Totally forgot about that. That was an awesome thread!!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

I have as well and the worst problem there was late night parties and stale beer cans everywhere.
This dude also cheated on his fiance and severed our friendship because I refused to keep his secret and encouraged him to come clean. Now he has a baby with a girl I used to date and he made fun of me because she was "too dumb to function".
gently caress 'em.

I know your friend and he wanted me to tell you he appreciates you leaving everything past 3" in "like new" condition

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Why would anyone need that many plastic bags in a hotel for a weekend

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Black face isn't cool

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

We had a house fire recently in the city I work in (I'm a firefighter) where the guy was a hoarder. He ended up dying because we could not open a single door or window in the house because there was so much stuff stacked from floor to ceiling in every room. We eventually made entry, could barely fit through the little walkways he left to get around the house, and ended up finding him dead in the basement under a pile of newspapers and garbage. The thing is we didn't find him right away. It was really smoke filled in the house because of the fire, and he was under a large pile of crap, so we walked over him several times while putting out the fire and ventilating the home. We didn't find him until the walk through after the whole house was cleared.

Hoarding literally killed this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

That show is fake. They know ahead of time what they are buying from conversations over the phone and stuff with the seller. Then they "hide" it and find it throughout the house. Prices are already negotiated ahead of time.

• Locked thread