Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm more blown away that in 2000 or before that even, the whole problem of people camping and stuff was already elegantly solved by Quake and Doom and w/e, and now Activision and EA are doing the most insane possible poo poo year after year and adding more and more onto the problem to combat complaints and lessen it by tiny steps while creating new bad things...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

It must be sad for the folks who were completely blown away by Deus Ex in 2000 thinking "alright this is it...the next evolution in gaming" and 15 years later and there's still nothing like that game.
MGS2 for me was a lot like playing Deus Ex when I was 10.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

It must be sad for the folks who were completely blown away by Deus Ex in 2000 thinking "alright this is it...the next evolution in gaming" and 15 years later and there's still nothing like that game.

I could never get on the drat boat.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

I'm more blown away that in 2000 or before that even, the whole problem of people camping and stuff was already elegantly solved by Quake and Doom and w/e, and now Activision and EA are doing the most insane possible poo poo year after year and adding more and more onto the problem to combat complaints and lessen it by tiny steps while creating new bad things...

its weird that people still play new shooters at all

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I could never get on the drat boat.
Lmao

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

i cant tolerate them anymore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

friend: i think im gonna invest $35 in the LoadOut Founders pack
me: *jackie chan face*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For some reason I have a hard time capturing the feels I got from playing Tycoon and Sim type games as a kid.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

For some reason I have a hard time capturing the feels I got from playing Tycoon and Sim type games as a kid.

have you tried dark souls?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Die.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

have you tried cities skylines

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all tycoon and city builder games becoming turds for a decade is weird

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah but I don't know man. I don't know what kind of gamer I am anymore, frankly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Can someone please start a Wayward Gamers megathread.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Wormskull posted:

Yeah but I don't know man. I don't know what kind of gamer I am anymore, frankly.

I know this feel greatly, my friend

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rollercoaster tycoon would probably be on my greatest of all time at the time list or whatever this thread is, as would tony hawk 2 and mario 3

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I've been a AAA/Map gamer hybrid for a good while now.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Splatoon was really great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Today is the last day your legally allowed to do this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

hosed by dlc from both angles

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

elf help book posted:

rollercoaster tycoon would probably be on my greatest of all time at the time list or whatever this thread is, as would tony hawk 2 and mario 3

Making elaborate coasters that launched the coaster into crowds of people or a big lake ftw

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

hosed by dlc from both angles

I love the dlc for Map games and buy every piece of it like a slave.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Up until I abandoned the pc gamer lifestyle I owned and had steam reviews for every single piece of ck2 dlc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I love the dlc for Map games and buy every piece of it like a slave.

Same here, even though I never play them for more than a cursory glance

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Making elaborate coasters that launched the coaster into crowds of people or a big lake ftw

I was more interested in actually running a successful park, but that's just me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember when I finally got to go to DisneyWorld all I could think about was flying back to Maine, getting on the computer and spending the whole summer making the most epic Theme Park of all time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i played a ton of Theme Park on ps1

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

also a lot of theme hospital and simgolf, but rollercoaster tycoon was the best one

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Watching oewdiepie play theme park gave me some insane nostalgia feels.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was a huge SimFarm, SimTower, Sim City SNES (Although my childhood was scarred due to my cousin trying to rub her foot fungus on me while I was playing), RCT, Warcraft 2 Map Editor, Watching My Dad Play Railroad Tycoon 2, and Lords of the Realm 2 guy, as a kid.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im glad i never got into blizzard games or mmos this thread is ugly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

im glad i never got into blizzard games or mmos this thread is ugly

I lost two years of gaming in high school to World of Warcraft until I wizened up and realized how easy it was to play SNES games on a computer and did tha instead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The game I think I spent the most time emulating as a kid was a Japanese copy of Monster Rancher 3 I think for GBA which I somehow learned how to play and understand just from doing it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I lost two years of gaming in high school to World of Warcraft until I wizened up and realized how easy it was to play SNES games on a computer and did tha instead.

I consciously decided to never ever play MMOs thankfully.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh it was just Monster Rancher Advance. This but in Japanese because I could never find an english copy and by the time it came out I had probably already learned how to play the Japanese one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

i played ff11 until level 20 when you get a chocobo. you needed to like log in 5 times throughout a day and feed it to unlock it. i did so, and then never used it or logged in again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The bug where if two people post at the exact same time or whatever and it doesn't let you see one of them, is driving me God drat mental.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

how does monster rancher advance generate monsters

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

how does monster rancher advance generate monsters

I don't remember, I guess randomly but there's a picture in my brain of a CD icon in the game's menus somewhere so probably through a crazy japanese thing where you put a CD in a tower at a toy store or whatever and hook your GBA up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sort of like if you ever wanted to print out Pokemon Snap pictures.

• Locked thread