Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Smiling Jack posted:

In honor of Trumps Super Tuesday domination please skip ahead to issue 100 which is some of the finest social satire in a comic designed to sell toys ever written

I *can* see Trump (Drumpf) spending large amounts of taxpayer dollars to build a laser to carve his face on the moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Smiling Jack posted:

Cobra Commander explicitly references multi-level marketing at several points.

e: This sorta percolated into the TV show, too. I remember one episode Cobra stages a telethon to collect money from criminal organizations around the world for a worthy cause (they stole the complete computer files of the FBI and were going to release them publicly if they raised a billion dollars.) I saw Destro in a tux and realized his face is identical to Mr.47 from the Hitman games. It was also a running joke on the show that Cobra minions are unionized, and I think at one point they reveal that Cobra has some sort of fraternity/sorority outreach program?

e2: Did Lady Jaye get her name from a Rolling Stones song?

Nebakenezzer fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 2, 2016

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The real kicker is that it must have been that other ninja, since Snake Eyes doesn't talk.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Given the color of Fred II's left hand in the final panels I'm hoping he's some sort of Joe human-gorilla hybrid.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I love that this thread is back, nice job mr. Nipponophile.

I also love that Cobra actually started as Amway turned fascist, and it took over a small American town and here we are

• Locked thread