Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much to tip the pizza man that's driving a nicer car?
Still tip him the 15-25 percent. why would this matter?
Don't tip him at all, he's doing well enough for himself!
Give him 'just the tip' (lol it's a dick joke am I rite)
Comedy "Answer the door naked and get laid" option.
View Results

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

So you ordered a hot fresh pizza pie with all the toppings and you see the moment of truth when the pizza delivery guy pulls up in front of your house and then you realize his car is much nicer than yours. Like the delivery guy is doing better with his life than you are.

How much do you tip him?

what kind of pizza did you order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Edgar posted:

You have to tip him. If you don't, they write your name on a list and your good quality and service goes down the toilet for eternity.

capitalism

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He's got one more expense than me with his probably barely-affordable car note vs. my 8 year old but paid-for car, so I will subsidize his poor life choice with a tip.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

texaholic posted:

Delivered pizza in college the boss hired a guy his parents were loaded and he delivered pizza in a BMW. The rich kid had a great hook up for weed and coke so he was cool.

This is basically my experience delivering pizza but with more opiates.

e: 6 years ago

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

A job AND a car?

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

fakiebeanplant posted:

A job AND a car?

Dudes on top

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

If you're leasing / financing a car, you can't afford that car. I'd just assume he was retarded and tip like I usually do. :shrug:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
"Some people spend their money on strange things."
*pays for pizza and goes back to Steam library of 800 games to only play Fallout 4*

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The Grey posted:

Hmm... Do people tip a pizza guy at the same rate they would tip a waiter in a restaurant? I always thought the pizza delivery dude should get tipped less.

What's the logic here? I figure that the pizza guy has to get in his car and drive to you, which costs him money in gas and maintenance. The waiter just has to cross the room, which costs him nothing (assuming he doesn't have any medical problems that would be aggravated by walking a lot). If anything, the pizza guy should get a bigger tip than the waiter.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lilbeefer posted:

I also voted all and therefore managed to make no difference to the poll percentage-wise :smuggo:

You are terrible at math.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I drive delivery. One of my coworkers drives a 2005 beemer, pretty slick ride. I drove a 95 pickup for years and now I drive a 98 buick grandpa car. I am also in school. He is not and also slings dope on the side/on the clock. He's a pretty cool guy and while I wish I had a better/more reliable/more economical ride, I will be done with trade school in a few months and be on my way to Real Job-town and can afford something that will last me a long while.

Welp that's my story, tip your driver, cya

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I pay for my pizza because literally nothing is cooler than a Miata nice try though

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Red Minjo posted:

"Some people spend their money on strange things."
*pays for pizza and goes back to Steam library of 800 games to only play Fallout 4*

uh excuse me I think you mean Skyrim

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
give him the tip that I will steal his loving car later that week

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
What color is the car

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

ive heard tell of dudes in mazeratis pulling up to the spot to pick up uber fares

lol if you are making care payments with uber money

Maybe the people in Maseratis are just doing it because they're rich and bored. Ugh, I bet they're the kinds of drivers who try to make conversation with you, no thank you

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

ThaGrandCow posted:

That oil change is also $130+ since it uses full synthetic and lets be real here, you're not going to change the oil yourself. Enjoy getting raped at your local lube shop because of the 300% price increase for full synthetic (if you bought it yourself, you could have done it yourself for about $40)

Don't be a American and change your oil every 3000 miles or whatever. Once every 20-30k miles is plenty. If $130 every 25k miles is a hardship you have other problems.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
20-30k!?

How about 10k.

I feel like you can only justify 30,000 oil changes if you only drive highway miles or something (and like full to empty tanks of gas per)

*muttering* 20-30k...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Man, gently caress. I've got a lovely-rear end car, but plenty of money.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I still have the car I bought straight out of college, so it wouldn't be hard.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

20-30k!?

How about 10k.

I feel like you can only justify 30,000 oil changes if you only drive highway miles or something

*muttering* 20-30k...

30/35K km (~20k miles) is factory recommended oil change interval on a lot of new cars. I wouldn't feel bad about going 30k miles between oil changes at all and i never have them done before 20k.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That pizza dude must have a small dick and a ugly girlfriend lol.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
True pizza story:

When I worked at Dominos, owner-franchisee drove a pretty sweet Lexus SUV. A couple of times when I was having car problems, and we were too busy for the number of drivers that were there at the time, he'd send me to make deliveries in his Lexus. Usually I'd try to park around the corner so I'd still get a tip, but sometimes I'd have to pull up in a driveway with this luxury SUV, just kind of try to ignore the :shepface: that the customer was pulling.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
I would ask the pizza delivery guy how often he changes his oil. His answer will determine the tip.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when I delivered pizzas (i was a manager but delivering when necessary is the best part of that job) I was driving an Audi. It was my sister's old one so it wasn't like it was expensive but you know it was a nice car.

I tried to park up the block just a bit. I was still a broke rear end student :shrug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I would assume he's a drug dealer and also stealing as much money as he can from the pizza joint, like every delivery guy I worked with when I was a student.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like he will probably make better use of the money. Pizza guy prob doesn't order lovely greasy cheese pie and pay to have it brought to him

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

I would assume he's a drug dealer and also stealing as much money as he can from the pizza joint, like every delivery guy I worked with when I was a student.

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Just don't gently caress up my register

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Seriously, when I made pizzas and had to cover cashiers when they went on their smoke breaks I would actually yell at delivery guys to step the gently caress away from the cash when they tried to sneak up while my back was turned

gently caress delivery guys who are over 18

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I dont have a car or order pizza CHECKMATE

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I dont have a car or order pizza CHECKMATE

Wow sorry for your lovely life choices there.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I'd be all 'it sucks that some guy has to work a second job just to afford his car payments'. But inside I'd be sort of jealous and wish I was dumb enough to lease a car.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

If you are driving your leased car in order to pay for it you are double dumb

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Zero dollars & zero cents.

:australia:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
rob him and trash the car

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
My pizza was delivered by an uber guy last friday. So yeah times are changing.

I always give a 5 for a box of pizza.

Uber is delivering food now.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

You've got the top 400 Americans eating more of the pizza than the bottom 150 million Americans. Most folks do not think that is right.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

You've got the top 400 Americans eating more of the pizza than the bottom 150 million Americans. Most folks do not think that is right.

I don't think this is backed by reality my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't think this is backed by reality my friend.

Let us wage a moral and political war against the billionaires and corporate pizzeriae, Big Pizza and elsewhere, whose policies and greed are destroying the pizza of America.

• Locked thread