Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Does this game not like rooted phones or something? I can only get about 30 seconds into the first tutorial mission before crashing. I didn't have this problem when it was in beta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Can someone tell me when the vet arena restart? It was almost over the last time i try to join.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 18, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It started 11 hours ago as of this post, you get 15 more games in 1 hour.

They really should just redeem those tickets when you register a deck, instead of doing it before you can even see how far along it is.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 18, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aww, i will wait for the next one. Please give me a remainder when it reset.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

gwrtheyrn posted:

Does this game not like rooted phones or something? I can only get about 30 seconds into the first tutorial mission before crashing. I didn't have this problem when it was in beta

This is a known issue with android emulators, they all ran poorly for me anyway. I am always rooted and tried this on CM and a few non stock roms, idk, good luck.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Nyaa posted:

Aww, i will wait for the next one. Please give me a remainder when it reset.

Today the rookie and veteran arena happened to reset on the same day. Veteran arena always last one day longer than rookie, so it'll be 24 hours after the current rookie arena ends.

Basically, think twice about registering your decks after grabbing the arena rewards next time :v:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 18, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

galahan posted:

This is a known issue with android emulators, they all ran poorly for me anyway. I am always rooted and tried this on CM and a few non stock roms, idk, good luck.

I found out what may have been the possible issue. It was probably having the beta still installed. Well that or because it doesn't like the build of 5.0 I was running, but I find the the former more likely because the beta ran just fine

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me
I want to make videos of this, I think the game is going to get really popular soon. Does anyone know how the people on Youtube are doing it? Like you guys have been saying, this game doesn't run on emulators so well. I'm mostly using my iPad to play.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Quellar posted:

I want to make videos of this, I think the game is going to get really popular soon. Does anyone know how the people on Youtube are doing it? Like you guys have been saying, this game doesn't run on emulators so well. I'm mostly using my iPad to play.

If you have a Mac with a Lightning connector you can record an iOS device's screen with Quicktime, which is likely how those people do it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Does the vet arena resets tonight? In like 8 hour?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Does the vet arena resets tonight? In like 8 hour?

Yup. Thursday is probably my least favorite day to play because of the nature card effects, looking forward to not being able to Hunt those 39-year Old Mages already...

Edit: 39-year Old Mage is my favorite win-condition when playing an Poison Arrow deck though.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 20, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Are there any particular cards I should be hunting for in packs starting out? I got the $24 package just to get started, but have no idea what mutants are good to have or commons for that matter

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

gwrtheyrn posted:

Are there any particular cards I should be hunting for in packs starting out? I got the $24 package just to get started, but have no idea what mutants are good to have or commons for that matter

No, I quit playing for awhile, but don't discount multiples of seemingly bad cards, people have made decks with multiples of one card and maybe one other key card to great effect.

I felt bad when after I had gotten rid of several pheonixes when someone stomped me with 5 and some mirrors

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

From the G1 and G2 boosters you'll want stuff like:
Gold: Goblin Bomb Squad, Internal Conflict, Mud Hero Drass, any of the Barbarians, Feather of the Phoenix
Nature: Hunt, Alruine, Wild Boar, Eagle
Light: most cards that damage of remove creatures, Tyrion, Angel: Partel, both Angels that resurrect, Net Warrior
Dark: Death Sentence, Hellhound, Vampire, Dark Elf Archer, Drag To Hell, Skeleton Knight

A lot of people play a combination of gold, nature and either light or dark.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 21, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: as of Saturday I have slain Moby Dick and completed my collection. No need to check for the card any longer.
BTW, if you happen to be browsing personal shops and stumble upon somebody with Black Bean: Amanza's Mind, feel free to post the shopcode for me.

I made the mistake of spending some of my arena earnings on the C1 packs and now I want a complete collection. That's the last one I need and it's been tricky to find. I originally wanted to wait until March when the cards can no be longer used in arena, but I'd figure it would be downright impossible to find then. I'd rather blow a whole bunch of gold right now and be done with it. gently caress limited edition cards.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 23, 2016

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Man this event is killing me. I'm guessing my AI deck is just trash since when I play my full games, I get basically 1-2 losses with the rest wins up to Gold, but then I'm pushed down to Silver the next day.

Also they probably should balance mutant cards or just get rid of them entirely. Dealing with a beefy Dark + plant lady that shits out 2 plants per turn on lvl 2 is pretty bullshit. I mean the whole point of colors is concentrating on their strengths and mutants throw that out the window.

Buckwheat Sings fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 9, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All arena duel should be one day shorter or have lower dueling cap. The grind is awful and perfect win with bad deck won't keep you in platinum in vet. :argh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Outside of the alternate art card the rewards for this event are so-so anyway. It sucks if you won't hit Silver, but don't worry about not getting to Gold or such.

As for Plat in Veteran Arena, I still get there with at least 13 out of 15 wins. You just need some of those wins against other players and the key to that is getting as high in the ranking as possible as soon as possible. I can't play when the Arena opens, but I play as soon as the second set of 15 games becomes available which usually leads to a top 40 spot at the end of that day). I've noticed that a dark only Triple Arrow deck no longer is reliable enough to get to Plat though, even with Lord of Farkka. People just love running cards that the AI will misplay against everything but that deck (Cocoon of Evolution, Bloody Aurora, Faith in Certain Victory). And sometimes you just get run over by a black+blue Arrow deck or a mutant Mirror Ghost/Goblin Chieftain when you're on a win-streak.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 9, 2016

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Nyaa posted:

All arena duel should be one day shorter or have lower dueling cap. The grind is awful and perfect win with bad deck won't keep you in platinum in vet. :argh:

Yeah, it sucks when you get to Plat then next day, you're suddenly blasted down all the way to Silver. I wish the AI knew how to use Cocoon better. It keeps treating it as if it's a buff.

Mierenneuker posted:

Outside of the alternate art card the rewards for this event are so-so anyway. It sucks if you won't hit Silver, but don't worry about not getting to Gold or such.

As for Plat in Veteran Arena, I still get there with at least 13 out of 15 wins. You just need some of those wins against other players and the key to that is getting as high in the ranking as possible as soon as possible. I can't play when the Arena opens, but I play as soon as the second set of 15 games becomes available which usually leads to a top 40 spot at the end of that day). I've noticed that a dark only Triple Arrow deck no longer is reliable enough to get to Plat though, even with Lord of Farkka. People just love running cards that the AI will misplay against everything but that deck (Cocoon of Evolution, Bloody Aurora, Faith in Certain Victory). And sometimes you just get run over by a black+blue Arrow deck or a mutant Mirror Ghost/Goblin Chieftain when you're on a win-streak.

How does Lord of Farkka work with Arrow? Don't you lose all your cards so you can't Arrow? And yes, screw Mutant ghosts and Chieftains. Having that much damage that soon is bonkers.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

How does Lord of Farkka work with Arrow? Don't you lose all your cards so you can't Arrow?
From my experience, it is a turn one LoF summon for high lv AI deck, and the AI always take the 12 hp lost to get all the cards back on turn two and some decent chance to use the arrow later to hopefully kill you with farkka's insane atk.

People who fight this lv 15 deck are usually on a conservative win that put them less than 15 hp.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Nyaa posted:

From my experience, it is a turn one LoF summon for high lv AI deck, and the AI always take the 12 hp lost to get all the cards back on turn two and some decent chance to use the arrow later to hopefully kill you with farkka's insane atk.

People who fight this lv 15 deck are usually on a conservative win that put them less than 15 hp.

Oh I gotcha. I keep forgetting the advantages of going one color in this since the strengths of tri color seem immene.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Lord of Farkka is an alternate win condition, one that you use when you know your opponent has something that will beat you and so you try to rush them down with a big creature. If you use the Banobo portrait it will also heal you to full, since by playing Lord of Farkka you are discarding all your dark spells (which is what triggers the portrait's healing effect). When the AI plays your deck it's the only win condition, because it doesn't know how to play your deck.

Some people have taken this a step further and gone with a black and blue deck that is like this (and which the AI doesn't seem to mess up):
multiple Arrow of Revenge
multiple Poisoned Arrrow of Jerhna
Lord of Farkka +1 (mutant)
Mirror of Truth (dark mutant)
double Counter Spell
double Counter Summon

Game plan: charge resources, play Lord of Farkka +1 at level 2 (ideally against an empty spot). This sends all your cards to the graveyard, which means all your blue cards are in effect. Ideally you have enough blue/mana that your opponents next two plays will both be countered so Lord of Farkka will hit. If they get another turn they have limited resources, since Counter Spell/Summon will still consume the resources the opponent used. It's pretty dirty and it can be unstoppable if encountered when on a big win-streak. The most effective strategy against it is having an Alruine spitting out Vines ASAP AND then hoping that it doesn't place Lord of Farkka across from her.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 9, 2016

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

New patch, breaking the Phantom of the Dragon/Avatar loop and hitting Magician/Mirror, Feather spam, and Arrow of Revenge decks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Here's the link: http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/3787

I was very confused when I saw that Avatar change because I couldn't imagine a game lasting long enough that it dies and gets resummoned that many times. How did that work? Edit: Ah, I think I get it. I forgot how the Avatar's HP is set.

The announcement message in the app also makes it sound like this is the first set of changes out of three. I wouldn't be surprised if the Holy Spear deck is on the chopping block.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'll be interested in seeing how the meta changes. There was so little variance among the decks I played I got burned out. I still follow the thread, and tonight or this weekend I'll make a google spreadsheet with the folks in the OP so others can update it.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

G3 apparently starts today. Idk if I want to spend my starter gems on them or g2 though :/

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

So are there patch notes, because I am playing a Wild Boar and I noticed something off about the stats only to see it now restores health to the person who destroys it. That is a pretty big deal.

Edit: Here they are.
http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/4147

Looks like I originally missed the second part of the update originally.
http://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/3982-Patch-Note-on-33

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 10, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Finally saw someone selling the Black bean card. Shop code CMP

I am looking for alt color push to cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I haven't played since probably early January. If it is even possible, can someone sum up the current state of the game? I got a notification out of the blue today and made me want to check it out again.

• Locked thread