Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Israeli attacker will have Krav Maga counter to Caveira's interrogation, calling it (not) now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I had rook, but hadn't really used him, so I'll go down that path. And agree on sledge/thermite as well, they see pretty regular use, just was trying out ash as a recent unlock as well.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Finally setup discord and jumped on, also added my u/n to the googledoc. Thanks for letting me play goons. I'm not always this terrible. Usually I get a few kills. Meh. I'll get better with time.

Everyone will have games where they are dead weight or don't really get a chance to contribute, but to regularly get a few kills per match is a good result, if you're killing as often as you're killed, or otherwise contributing to your team getting more kills, you're on the right track.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Apparently

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Is that Poland instead of Israel?

If it's contradicting the earlier leak I guess it's worth being skeptical for the time being, I'm sure we'll get actual news before too long.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Bug or feature: Can't see enemy standing right out the window because it's too bright out.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
e: nm there's a loving post on the website about it, definitely real:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

e: nm there's a loving post on the website about it, definitely real:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

:woop:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, are the new weapons the weapons the new operators get, or are you guys going back and adding equipment to existing ops?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Please make more support operators instead of blackbeards tia

A melee operative would be cool but would probably cause a lot of complaints.

i want tomato grenades for spain

dual pistols + shotgun for hong kong

blitz needs to be a hard counter to the polish op

south korea needs to be an underpowered kia/hyundai knockoff to the superior japanese operators

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I wonder if the German ops will have a damage bonus to the Polish ones

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad the IDF isn't getting added before the ability to mute text chat for players on either team is in the game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I played seige a long long time ago, and it didn't really seem that great. But it seems like this game has gone the way of the pheonix and slowly risen from the grave. What changed?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Knifegrab posted:

I played seige a long long time ago, and it didn't really seem that great. But it seems like this game has gone the way of the pheonix and slowly risen from the grave. What changed?

many of the bad parts are gone and have been replaced by good things.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Nothing changed, it was that great back when it came out too.

Thief posted:

blitz needs to be a hard counter to the polish op

south korea needs to be an underpowered kia/hyundai knockoff to the superior japanese operators

:chloe:

if we're all doing predictions though, container ship out at sea for Spain, actual skyscraper for Hong Kong, old church for Poland, subway station for South Korea

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

I have actually found some confirmed leaked beta footage of the Hong Kong test map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPyoJgV_YY

Forreal though it would be a crime to not do this in a game that actually makes shotguns fun and good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Game was always good, people are just slowly realizing this.

Sticking to my initial year 2 map predictions, still need to come up with a prediction for Poland now that Israel is out though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Knifegrab posted:

The game was fairly great when it first came out, just janky since Ubisoft decided to ignore decades of technological advances and user experience research. They have been slowly reclaiming the relics of the ancients over the past years, so we might eventually reach usability parity with iTunes for Windows circa 2007.

Jehde posted:

Sticking to my initial year 2 map predictions, still need to come up with a prediction for Poland now that Israel is out though.
What about Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash, and a new game mode where Polish CTUs need to intercept Russian CTUs tampering with the evidence.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Every player wants an actual skycraper map that takes advantage of repelling and extended stairwell spirals.

But I would also like to see a map with multiple small buildings and alleyways like a street market or whatever in the theme of the location it's in. Maybe something like PayDay2 maps that would allow for roaming between storefronts on both sides yet still feel contained and focused. Also lots of expensive debris to kick up when having a shootout.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If the Hong Kong map isn't based on Kowloon I'll be pretty disappointed

That is if I can ever play again without getting CTD'd :(

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Thief posted:

I have actually found some confirmed leaked beta footage of the Hong Kong test map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPyoJgV_YY

Forreal though it would be a crime to not do this in a game that actually makes shotguns fun and good.

The random FPS drops really make it feel like Rainbow Six!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

The random FPS drops really make it feel like Rainbow Six!

Yeah, the random hitching even on good pcs is annoying as hell. Got 16 gigs of RAM and an I7 and a 1070 yet at least once a match it'll hitch for half a second.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah, the random hitching even on good pcs is annoying as hell. Got 16 gigs of RAM and an I7 and a 1070 yet at least once a match it'll hitch for half a second.
No hitching here. 8 gigs of RAM, an i5-4210U, and an 850M. :smug:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Duggler posted:

If the Hong Kong map isn't based on Kowloon I'll be pretty disappointed

That is if I can ever play again without getting CTD'd :(

Kowloon is not a hospital.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Update on mic working in everything but Siege - My default communications device was set to something not plugged in (but how? :iiam: ). Other games and voice chat software used my default device instead. The issue is now way fixed.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad the IDF isn't getting added before the ability to mute text chat for players on either team is in the game.

Rainbow 6 should not resemble a Facebook comment section.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
I purchased the year 2 pass but I didn't receive the 600 credits. Am I supposed to unlock them somewhere in game?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

guns for tits posted:

I always enjoy playing with wonderful groups of people that R6 has.

Like the entire team with the theme of black men killed by cops. Or the thinly veiled racism of something like BIG_DIGGER_NICK.

seriously the amount of truly awful names is rather high for late at night

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

They weren't going to put the IDF in. It's supposed to be elite units only.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

Update on mic working in everything but Siege - My default communications device was set to something not plugged in (but how? :iiam: ). Other games and voice chat software used my default device instead. The issue is now way fixed.
This is the the most idiotic possible reason, so I will not be surprised if my friend has the same problem with getting his microphone work in Siege.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

guns for tits posted:

Yeah, that's exactly why we need to get the ability to block text chat for individual players regardless of team.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SD87 posted:

I purchased the year 2 pass but I didn't receive the 600 credits. Am I supposed to unlock them somewhere in game?

Contact support. If you had Y1 season pass it should even be 1200 R6bucks.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US

speaking of Seasonpass Y1,

quote:

If you missed out on the original Season Pass, you can now unlock all 8 of the original Year 1 Operators with the new Legacy Operator Bundle. This bundle instantly unlocks Buck, Frost, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, Capitao, Caveira, Echo, and Hibana. Find the Legacy Operator Bundle available now at the in-game shop for 2400 R6 Credits.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Why can't I buy the year 2 pass on uplay yet?

Hard, fix your storefront.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

hmm, I guess Israel really is an outdated concept.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

DoctorStrangelove posted:

hmm, I guess Israel really is an outdated concept.

:vince:

Jehde posted:

Why can't I buy the year 2 pass on uplay yet?

Hard, fix your storefront.

Uplay store seems down ATM but have you checked the ingame SHOP tab / digital content? it's there for me.
It's CAN but being NA it usually comes out at the same time as US.

Hard fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 30, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Wow did you just assume his nationality?

TRIGGERED

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

You can already mute text chat in game, friend. Its Under the HUD settings.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You can already mute text chat in game, friend. Its Under the HUD settings.

Disabling chat is not the same thing as muting individual players, friend.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

Contact support. If you had Y1 season pass it should even be 1200 R6bucks.
https://support.ubi.com/en-US

speaking of Seasonpass Y1,

Was there anything else in the first season pass that you can no longer get like weapon skins? Still miffed that I missed out on the R6 coins and stuff from the Y1 pass.

Also, please add a "Report rear end in a top hat" button for these people that are just skirting the auto kick with team kills and team damage or destroying devices. Or just being real dicks in text/voice chat.

I don't want to completely lock out text/voice chat just because of one or two assholes. But I would like to see them get punished for typing or yelling "N-----S" in chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
^^ You missed out, your fault.

The bad behaviour thing is being looked into but when you report them with fairfight they look at pretty much anything from text chat to ingame behaviour.

The Duggler posted:

Wow did you just assume his nationality?

TRIGGERED

It's true that Jehde's amount of shitposting can't be from this world.

• Locked thread