Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Will skins from earlier seasons become available for purchase? The Black Ice skins looked pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah, the random hitching even on good pcs is annoying as hell. Got 16 gigs of RAM and an I7 and a 1070 yet at least once a match it'll hitch for half a second.

I've been having this issue a lot myself (i5 2500k, 24gb ram, 1070) and I found the only way to make it go away was to cap my framerate to 60fps. If I turn off vsync it'll be fine and then start stuttering and poo poo. It's worth a shot.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jehde posted:

Spain: World Park (From the book.)
Hong Kong: Hospital (Hard Boiled)
Israel: Olympic Stadium (Munich 1972)
South Korea: Shopping Mall (Early prediction and fits the locale.)

I agree with this, mostly. I'm really hoping that the Spanish map is World Park as I love the R6 novel, but I'm sure it'll wind up being something else, much like my shattered hopes of the Brazil map being the eco-terrorist base/hideout in the amazon rainforest (which I knew at the time was a pipe-dream and that it would be favelas, but I can always hope).
It might wind up being the Barcelona Olympic Stadium (seeing as Israel doesn't seem like it's coming, now) instead, or perhaps a freight ship like someone else mentioned, I think.

Not 100% about South Korea's though, either - and I think Hong Kong also has a high chance of having an actual skyscraper as its map.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm either not aggressive and always the last one alive and die embarrassingly, or I'm too aggressive and I'm the first to die embarrassingly.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Ularg posted:

I'm either not aggressive and always the last one alive and die embarrassingly, or I'm too aggressive and I'm the first to die embarrassingly.

I've found that one tactic is to identify the aforementioned overly-aggressive player on your team, then follow/shadow them (slightly farther back of course, so you don't get killed in the same burst!) during the assault on the objective, then just kill the people who attack the aggressive player. :v: Don't worry about whether they live or die, just take out everyone who attacks the decoy player, then just break off and perform your own plan, when things inevitably go south for your aggressive decoy!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

I agree with this, mostly. I'm really hoping that the Spanish map is World Park as I love the R6 novel, but I'm sure it'll wind up being something else, much like my shattered hopes of the Brazil map being the eco-terrorist base/hideout in the amazon rainforest (which I knew at the time was a pipe-dream and that it would be favelas, but I can always hope).
It might wind up being the Barcelona Olympic Stadium (seeing as Israel doesn't seem like it's coming, now) instead, or perhaps a freight ship like someone else mentioned, I think.

Not 100% about South Korea's though, either - and I think Hong Kong also has a high chance of having an actual skyscraper as its map.

Issue with Hong Kong having an actual skyscraper is the skyscraper name is already taken now, albeit wasted. I suppose they could use another name like tower or something, but it sounds like they've scrapped that idea early on, presuambly due to balance issues. Similarly I doubt we'll get another ship level. Still haven't figured out what Poland could be, the stadium prediction could still work, I think poles like their soccer quite a bit.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jehde posted:

Issue with Hong Kong having an actual skyscraper is the skyscraper name is already taken now, albeit wasted. I suppose they could use another name like tower or something, but it sounds like they've scrapped that idea early on, presuambly due to balance issues. Similarly I doubt we'll get another ship level. Still haven't figured out what Poland could be, the stadium prediction could still work, I think poles like their soccer quite a bit.

How about one side/half of a few floors on a skyscraper and a large crane next to it, then? :D So that the attackers can get across via the top of the crane, or via a zipline gadget(tm) added into another update, preceding this level.

And yeah, I know we probably won't see another ship level, in reality. I just want another plane-like level dangit, like if it was a two-floor fishing vessel/tug or something (like a large Somali pirate 'mothership', where it's all really tight/close quarters like on plane) :(

Not sure about Poland either, though. I remember a WW2 period terror incident at a fairly major railway station, so it could be something like that, if we're going by past famous/semi-famous incidents? Otherwise I'm not sure...heh, maybe even at a large bookstore that's hosting a Witcher book signing? (OK maybe not that last one!)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 1, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Grenade idea for attackers: sticky foam, so defenders get the joy of going through barbed wire.

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
Happy birthday Siege! Yay!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Is this canon?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
No, Pulse is super gay.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jehde posted:

Issue with Hong Kong having an actual skyscraper is the skyscraper name is already taken now, albeit wasted. I suppose they could use another name like tower or something

They could always name it Office. :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

They could always name it Office. :v:

Erect Structure might also work? (I'll stop myself there :v:)

EDIT: Speaking of skyscraper maps, I wouldn't mind them adding in yet another American CTU if -and only if- the map that comes along with them is Trump Tower

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Or just Trump. Innerspace style.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
:siren:Old mumble server is dead, please use new mumble:siren:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Tachanka's voice actor is in the studio yelling LMG, MOUNTED AND READY and a bunch of other scary stuff in Russian.

Dudes massive but also pretty chill :)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Tachanka's voice actor is in the studio yelling LMG, MOUNTED AND READY and a bunch of other scary stuff in Russian.

Dudes massive but also pretty chill :)
:laffo:

Err, I of course did mean to say {-}7.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Much like Tachanka himself then.

He doesn't care that he's useless, he just-IS-man.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad Tachanka is finally getting turned into the defensive Glaz so he can be good.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad Tachanka is finally getting turned into the defensive Glaz so he can be good.
Didn't know SMG-11 is an LMG, but it makes sense.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
The best worst game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwt1OY_4f8E

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am hopeful that someday there will be an operator that uses that gun you can shoot around corners from cover. It seems like it would fit right in in Rainbow Six.

E: I just looked it up, and it's an Israeli device IRL.. HARD!?

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 1, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I was wondering when somebody would try this one.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am hopeful that someday there will be an operator that uses that gun you can shoot around corners from cover. It seems like it would fit right in in Rainbow Six.
Spanish attack operator will be a NATO drone pilot.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Malcolm Excellent posted:

E: I just looked it up, and it's an Israeli device IRL.. HARD!?

If you've seen it we've seen it.

e: On another topic i'll probably post the new OP tonight as i was waiting on S4/Y1/200+ pages milestones.

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 1, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Game Awards tonight

http://thegameawards.com/

Nominated for best MP alongside BF1, Overwatch and TitanFall2.

Not bad for a 1 year old game. Should be interesting.

e: Why wouldn't we ?

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 2, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Game Awards tonight

Do devs even care about this?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hard posted:

Game Awards tonight

Well it beats Overwatch. BF1? Too close to call.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well it beats Overwatch. BF1? Too close to call.
As much as I like Siege in spite of the exquisite efforts of the development team to convince me of the opposite, hardly any multiplayer-only FPS has ever been as polished and as accessible to new players as Overwatch. However, both best multiplayer and best esports game categories are fairly stacked, so I wouldn't predict more than Siege not taking the multiplayer award.

Hard posted:

No idea, but your team does not always make impression that they even play the game, what is there to say about caring for its accolades. :v:

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I waited til 3 weeks ago to buy the season 1 pass. I want to buy the season 2 pass right now. Please let me do it Ubi Shop, please.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

SatelliteCore posted:

I waited til 3 weeks ago to buy the season 1 pass. I want to buy the season 2 pass right now. Please let me do it Ubi Shop, please.

Just buy it off Green Man Gaming for 20% off, they give a uPlay code.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

my kinda ape posted:

Just buy it off Green Man Gaming for 20% off, they give a uPlay code.

Even better. Thank you.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
My bet is on OVerwatch yeah.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No idea, but your team does not always make impression that they even play the game, what is there to say about caring for its accolades. :v:

This is a really really bad post.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I don't think Siege is gonna win but imo it deserves to. Overwatch is a great game but it essentially is just Team Fortress 3, whereas Siege one of the most unique online shooters in years.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Actually Overwatch is a noted Bad Game, as is its biggest competitor for the award, Battlefield 1. It's not an award for the best game, it's an award for the most popular game, same as any award really.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
can i get a link to the discord channel

all the old ones are dead

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

General Morden posted:

can i get a link to the discord channel

all the old ones are dead

https://discord.gg/D2RKkYR or goonstack.win

The AFK channel link should always stay the same; the room links generally die as we change poo poo around.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 2, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Overwatch won Best esports, MP and GOTY. It's a fun, cheap and accessible game.

What a great way to start the new OP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800191

This one should close soon.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
http://i.imgur.com/za4tF06.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Hard posted:

Overwatch won Best esports, MP and GOTY. It's a fun, cheap and accessible game.

What a great way to start the new OP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800191

This one should close soon.

Overwatch esports is a prime example of why Blizzard really has no idea what makes an interesting esport in tyool 2016.

• Locked thread